Sponsored

How long will the integra Stick Around?

JimmEEE

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mz3
I think you may be spot on, I heard from the dealer that got info from the regional acura rep the Type S integra may only get another 1-2 run, same with the TLX and MDX. Something about they need to revise their emissions and mpg numbers across the model lineup.
Sorry to say, but I am afraid this will prove to be accurate. It is disturbing how both VW and Mini have suddenly discontinued the MT versions of the GTI and Mini for the 2024 model year, with minimal advance notice.
They are both European companies who say they're responding to EU environmental rules, so Honda/Acura probably won't respond as quickly. However, similar regulatory pressures will hit all manufacturers selling in the USA, with enthusiast product offerings getting discontinued sooner than we would expect.
Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
CTR was supposed to be available up to 2025. I think ITS will be the same.

Then all EV...

OP
OP
zooka

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2014 FJ Cruiser 2024 4Runner
CTR was supposed to be available up to 2025. I think ITS will be the same.

Then all EV...
If this holds true and there is only one more year or two of the integra, the type S will be one hell of a collectible car with maybe between 7-10k units total in that time period.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I think you may be spot on, I heard from the dealer that got info from the regional acura rep the Type S integra may only get another 1-2 run, same with the TLX and MDX. Something about they need to revise their emissions and mpg numbers across the model lineup.
It’s because of current policies and EPA throwing out regulations that needs to be met by 2030. Almost single handedly forcing people upon EV’s and we know who owns the monopoly in producing batteries.

That said, SCOTUS recently ruled that three letter agencies can’t just make up rules without passing congress. All it takes is another administration to set things right again.

Practical standpoint, our grid and generating capabilities cannot support 100% EV’s. We’d have to burn off substantially more coal and gas to support it which defeats the purpose of their “green” policy. Once all of this comes to light then it should be feasible for Acura to keep producing the Integra along with other models that has adequate consumer support

LexiSnep

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Because the Integra is really efficient, it likely already meets and exceeds current mandates. It will be the last to be electrified, likely after 2030. My next car might be an electric TLX!

Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
It’s because of current policies and EPA throwing out regulations that needs to be met by 2030. Almost single handedly forcing people upon EV’s and we know who owns the monopoly in producing batteries.

That said, SCOTUS recently ruled that three letter agencies can’t just make up rules without passing congress. All it takes is another administration to set things right again.

Practical standpoint, our grid and generating capabilities cannot support 100% EV’s. We’d have to burn off substantially more coal and gas to support it which defeats the purpose of their “green” policy. Once all of this comes to light then it should be feasible for Acura to keep producing the Integra along with other models that has adequate consumer support
I think it’s changing already. EVs are piling up on dealer lots despite continued subsidies. Ford is losing $90k per EV sold. That’s not a typo.

Tesla’s average selling prices have dropped $26k this year.

These are numbers that will kill off car companies before 2030. Something has to give, hopefully it’s government stupidity.

OP
OP
zooka

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Because the Integra is really efficient, it likely already meets and exceeds current mandates. It will be the last to be electrified, likely after 2030. My next car might be an electric TLX!
The requirement is not per model…,the lineup has to meet an average….also the integra will follow whatever path the civic takes

LexiSnep

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
The requirement is not per model…,the lineup has to meet an average….also the integra will follow whatever path the civic takes
there is already a civic hybrid overseas. It’s just the same car as the current civic but a hybrid. In some countries that’s all they’re selling. In the US, we don’t get a civic hybrid right now. I don’t think we will get an Integra hybrid either.

The Integra, while sharing a platform with the civic, is not a civic. Note that the HR-V and CR-V are also based on the same platform and they’re equally very different from the civic.

OP
OP
zooka

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
there is already a civic hybrid overseas. It’s just the same car as the current civic but a hybrid. In some countries that’s all they’re selling. In the US, we don’t get a civic hybrid right now. I don’t think we will get an Integra hybrid either.
The integra in the US will follow paths with the civic in the US. Just like it does now. The integra is pretty much a premium civic, and Acura nailed it. The HR-V and CR-V of course are not going to be like the civic they are compact utility vehicles. Many vehicles are different outside of the US due to regulations. Believe what you want to , but the integra will follow every footstep the civic makes here in the US.

Last edited:

LexiSnep

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
The integra in the US will follow paths with the civic in the US. Just like it does now. The integra is pretty much a premium civic, and Acura nailed it. The HR-V and CR-V of course are not going to be like the civic they are compact utility vehicles. Many vehicles are different outside of the US due to regulations. Believe what you want to , but the integra will follow every footstep the civic makes here in the US.
The Integra is definitely similar to the civic in what it is and I’m not denying that, I’m simply pointing out that they’re not the same car. They share a lot in common but so does the HR-V and CR-V, all four of these models share just one platform.

Sponsored

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I think this is the last Integra model. I don't see a lot on the road and the compact models are mostly Civics.
Yep, so do i. I originally wanted the TLX Type S, then realized it made almost no sense to get that over the m340ix, but decided to get the ITS since i've been suspecting since they brought them back that Honda is going to discontinue these cars very soon and they're going to skyrocket in value

Why bring the car back from a 22 year hiatus just to have a 4-6 year model run?
this whole thing of bringing these old popular 90s JDM cars back screams 'memberberries' cash grab to me. we're currently in a pretty annoying era of consumerism where every other thing that huge corporations make is just a remake/reboot of something that has already been done before (looking at you hollywood, video game industry, etc) for no other purpose than milking the teat of nostalgia dry before moving on to the next popular thing to remake. and not that i'm ungrateful these cars are back- they're genuinely amazing- but the cynic in me recognizes it as a big cash grab.

LexiSnep

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Yep, so do i. I originally wanted the TLX Type S, then realized it made almost no sense to get that over the m340ix, but decided to get the ITS since i've been suspecting since they brought them back that Honda is going to discontinue these cars very soon and they're going to skyrocket in value

this whole thing of bringing these old popular 90s JDM cars back screams 'memberberries' cash grab to me. we're currently in a pretty annoying era of consumerism where every other thing that huge corporations make is just a remake/reboot of something that has already been done before (looking at you hollywood, video game industry, etc) for no other purpose than milking the teat of nostalgia dry before moving on to the next popular thing to remake. and not that i'm ungrateful these cars are back- they're genuinely amazing- but the cynic in me recognizes it as a big cash grab.
You must be a huge fan of Sout Park to be making that reference so long after that episode aired. I member…

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
You must be a huge fan of Sout Park to be making that reference so long after that episode aired. I member…
oh i am lol it's pretty much my favorite show. in case you didn't catch, my username/profile pic is also from a south park episode lol

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
It's so laughable seeing people still pray on the downfall of EVs based on one report. The ones that aren't selling are the crappy ugly and hyper expensive ones. First it was about the range, then it about the mining, then we gets news everyday about how things are changing. They'll yell "government subsidies!" while munching on their McDonalds McChicken which was subsidized every step of the way. Some people and industries just need to get left behind whether they like it or not, that's how the world works. The best selling car is still the Model Y, not the Honda Civic or Toyota Camry.

The Integra is obviously going to follow the Civic line and will probably be the last to be "electrified" as they're already efficient. The Honda Civic hybrid is coming to the US, and while I'd love a hybrid Integra, they probably will not be spending the development money into switching it around. I don't think ICEs will actually be banned in the US, but the EV train will still be pushing on forward. There's no reason to ban ICEs once we reach the threshold where most it becomes economically feasible for most consumers. Whether companies still choose the invest into new ICE vehicles is the question

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
The model Y is actually a SUV.
Sponsored