ITS cv axle question

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 integra Type S, ‘97 Integra LS, ‘95 integra SE
Currently have 21,000 miles on the dash (I know it’s a lot of miles for one year driving lol) and I am starting to hear a slight clicking sound on the driver side when I turn the steering wheel on either direction, I can hear it more clearly when I turn right which makes me think it could be the CV axle going out but c’mon the car only has 21k miles! I recently started to hear it after I installed new tires that are wider and slightly taller which I’m sure that has nothing to do

Just in case I do have to replace axles does anyone know if the FK8 axles fit on the ITS? I can’t find anyone selling ITS axles yet (don’t want to pay dealership prices, I’d rather get insane shafts, but those are still not available yet)

these are my mods related to the issue;
Eibach lowering springs (1.2” front 1.0” rear)
Falken RT660s (275/35R19) on OEM wheels
PRL bottom rear motor mount
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
You are still well within your warranty period, why are you not trying to get a free replacement lol? Only thing that MIGHT deny the warranty is the lowering springs but that’s a stretch.. regardless suspension noise can be a pain to diagnose and could lead down a rabbit hole of parts. I would try getting it for free before using your own money.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Hey, can't help with your original question, but do you have any pics of your wheel and tire setup? Just curious how 275/35's look on a lowered car. Are you running spacers? Thanks and best of luck on the original issue.

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
Currently have 21,000 miles on the dash (I know it’s a lot of miles for one year driving lol) and I am starting to hear a slight clicking sound on the driver side when I turn the steering wheel on either direction, I can hear it more clearly when I turn right which makes me think it could be the CV axle going out but c’mon the car only has 21k miles! I recently started to hear it after I installed new tires that are wider and slightly taller which I’m sure that has nothing to do

Just in case I do have to replace axles does anyone know if the FK8 axles fit on the ITS? I can’t find anyone selling ITS axles yet (don’t want to pay dealership prices, I’d rather get insane shafts, but those are still not available yet)

these are my mods related to the issue;
Eibach lowering springs (1.2” front 1.0” rear)
Falken RT660s (275/35R19) on OEM wheels
PRL bottom rear motor mount
I have the same clicking on both front wheels. Happens only when turning. Am lowered and on 285s. I took it to the dealer and had them inspect the Cv axels, scare they were damaged when lowered, but they were fine. Plus you’d see some leaking most likely. They said it is the brakes most likely, so I’m going to swap pads to see if that changes anything. I have 14k miles and my pads are pretty worn down.

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey, can't help with your original question, but do you have any pics of your wheel and tire setup? Just curious how 275/35's look on a lowered car. Are you running spacers? Thanks and best of luck on the original issue.
Thank you, and here’s the only pictures I have with the new tires

I have no spacers, I wanted to go 285/35r19 but since I wanted to add spacers in the future I decided to not over do it so I won’t rub with the spacers I will be adding later on

IMG_3517.jpeg

IMG_3519.jpeg

IMG_3524.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have the same clicking on both front wheels. Happens only when turning. Am lowered and on 285s. I took it to the dealer and had them inspect the Cv axels, scare they were damaged when lowered, but they were fine. Plus you’d see some leaking most likely. They said it is the brakes most likely, so I’m going to swap pads to see if that changes anything. I have 14k miles and my pads are pretty worn down.
Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it, now I’m not as concerned since I push the car pretty hard at times

I lowered it months ago and never noticed the clicking until a few weeks ago after I got new tires

Do you have any spacers on the 285 set up? That’s what I wanted originally but didn’t want to risk rubbing, also what lowering springs do you have?

and I had to replace my rear pads at 15k miles, I still have the oem front pads which still have around 30-40% life on the fronts

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You are still well within your warranty period, why are you not trying to get a free replacement lol? Only thing that MIGHT deny the warranty is the lowering springs but that’s a stretch.. regardless suspension noise can be a pain to diagnose and could lead down a rabbit hole of parts. I would try getting it for free before using your own money.
I know I’m still under warranty, I just always have negative experience with dealerships on denying replacement because either parts not broken so no need to replace or just flat out saying they don’t hear any issues (this was on previous cars I’ve had) and also I know techs take the ITS for joyrides lol

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it, now I’m not as concerned since I push the car pretty hard at times

I lowered it months ago and never noticed the clicking until a few weeks ago after I got new tires

Do you have any spacers on the 285 set up? That’s what I wanted originally but didn’t want to risk rubbing, also what lowering springs do you have?

and I had to replace my rear pads at 15k miles, I still have the oem front pads which still have around 30-40% life on the fronts
No spacers and running swift springs. Think they’re 1 inch drops front and rear. I do have around -1.8 degrees of camber on the front. The wheels are 10.5 inches wide with 45 offset, pretty meaty setup but have had no issues.

the clicking noise is more annoying than anything. Whenever I pull into my parking garage at work, I have to roll my windows up to avoid hearing the sound. Just gets to me, but I haven’t noticed any impact to the drivability of the car.

OP
OP
integra__gang

integra__gang

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No spacers and running swift springs. Think they’re 1 inch drops front and rear. I do have around -1.8 degrees of camber on the front. The wheels are 10.5 inches wide with 45 offset, pretty meaty setup but have had no issues.

the clicking noise is more annoying than anything. Whenever I pull into my parking garage at work, I have to roll my windows up to avoid hearing the sound. Just gets to me, but I haven’t noticed any impact to the drivability of the car.
Yeah bro same! The clicking noise does get to me as well, I don’t like hearing it so I put the windows up too or turn the volume up on the stereo 😂

let me know if you end up replacing the pads to see if the clicking goes away, but I don’t see how the pads can make a clicking sound as you turn the steering wheel 😵💫
Maybe the dealer couldn’t figure out what it was and said that just to get the car out of their garage

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
Yeah bro same! The clicking noise does get to me as well, I don’t like hearing it so I put the windows up too or turn the volume up on the stereo 😂

let me know if you end up replacing the pads to see if the clicking goes away, but I don’t see how the pads can make a clicking sound as you turn the steering wheel 😵💫
Maybe the dealer couldn’t figure out what it was and said that just to get the car out of their garage
I don’t buy it either, but I gotta change em anyways so I’ll let ya know!
Sponsored