Sponsored

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
Jelly of your garage. How does the NA1 and AP2 feel after driving the ITS? The power difference , espeically the torque, must be quite noticeable.
Sponsored

OP
OP
neuronbob

neuronbob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
99 NSX, 04 S2000, 13 6MT CTS-V wagon
Amazing stable, congratulations...out of curiosity, how would you rate/rank the manual transmissions across the 3 cars? I am assuming the S2K has the best one?
I addressed this in detail the first post of this thread, but have refined a bit after 6 weeks of ownership.

Nothing beats the S2000 shifter. If the S2000 shifter is a 10/10 (and it is :) ), NSX and ITS (and by extension, FL5) are 9s. I’d call the NSX 9.3 and the ITS 9.1, they are that good. 10G Accord manual is about a 6 because of the slop in shifting.

Speaking of the 10G Accord 2.0 Sport manual: that was fun to drive for a large sedan, but it also weighed only a bit over 3300 pounds as well; it was light for what it was. The ITS is kind of what I was hoping the 10G manual Accord would be when I owned it, with the added convenience of a hatch.

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
A trifecta of Honda and Acura manual driving goodness, reflected in the license plates. My NSX is a pop-up NA2, but I prefer the plate it already has. The ITS is an ideal daily driver for someone who has either a NSX or S2000 (or like me, both) and wants to have some entertainment with creature features on the drive to work.

As an aside, my 17-year-old son also acquired a manual CR-Z three months ago, so all four Hondacura products in our current stable have manual transmissions.

IMG_0471.jpeg
IMG_0472.jpeg
IMG_0479.jpeg
Three great cars! They can’t all fit in the garage. Must be difficult deciding which gets parked in the driveway all the time.

MontanaLLC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Acura TL
Thank you for the super helpful review since I am considering to buy an ITS to replace my current 2007 Acura TL automatic which I enjoy a lot. The major reason to upgrade is the desire for a manual transmission.

Like RLX Vs. ITS, TL and ITS are completely different cars.
Two questions:
-are you missing the V6 from RLX when driving the ITS?
-do you recommend to upgrade from a TL to a ITS?

I addressed this in detail the first post of this thread, but have refined a bit after 6 weeks of ownership.

Nothing beats the S2000 shifter. If the S2000 shifter is a 10/10 (and it is :) ), NSX and ITS (and by extension, FL5) are 9s. I’d call the NSX 9.3 and the ITS 9.1, they are that good. 10G Accord manual is about a 6 because of the slop in shifting.

Speaking of the 10G Accord 2.0 Sport manual: that was fun to drive for a large sedan, but it also weighed only a bit over 3300 pounds as well; it was light for what it was. The ITS is kind of what I was hoping the 10G manual Accord would be when I owned it, with the added convenience of a hatch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
neuronbob

neuronbob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
99 NSX, 04 S2000, 13 6MT CTS-V wagon
Three great cars! They can’t all fit in the garage. Must be difficult deciding which gets parked in the driveway all the time.
Nope. ITS is the “outside car”. NSX and S2000 are always inside, they get way too much attention when I leave them out overnight. ITS is more incognito :) unless someone is a car nerd like me. I ultimately need a way to fit two four post lifts into my two-car garage, or to add garage space. With an iron support beam through the center of the garage, it’ll be tough…

Thank you for the super helpful review since I am considering to buy an ITS to replace my current 2007 Acura TL automatic which I enjoy a lot. The major reason to upgrade is the desire of a manual transmission.

Two questions:
I don’t miss the V6 at all. The K20C gives me all the thrust I need, with an entertaining sound. If I need a V6 noise, that’s what my NSX is for.

I owned a 3G TL (2004) automatic myself 19 years ago. It is still my favorite Acura of all time other than the NSX. That was, and still is, a legend of a car and before the ITS, was the best FWD car I’ve ever owned. So good taste in owning and driving one. I never got to drive a manual TL-S :( . My loss.

In any case, the ITS is about the same size (edit: 3 inches shorter, 1 inch lower, 2 inches narrower, same wheelbase, so close) as a 3G TL, but has an excellent manual transmission, 20 years’ newer technology, an LSD, and more power. However, you will lose memory seats and Homelink (garage door opener). I hope this helps some.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Thank you for the super helpful review since I am considering to buy an ITS to replace my current 2007 Acura TL automatic which I enjoy a lot. The major reason to upgrade is the desire of a manual transmission.

Two questions:
I went from 2000 Integra to 2006 TL to 2024 ITS.

I loved both of the first two cars but the ITS is in a different atmosphere. Never had this much fun driving a car period. Massive upgrade in every way and the ITS just comes alive in a way that you’re going to enjoy it for a long time.

ive Driven(not owned) EVO X, bmw m3, fast EV’s and none that blew me away in the way that the ITS is.

MontanaLLC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Acura TL
Thank you. This clears my biggest concern.
By the way, your garage collections are amazing! Hopefully one day I can have the opportunity to own the legendary S2000 and NSX.

I don’t miss the V6 at all. The K20C gives me all the thrust I need, with an entertaining sound. If I need a V6 noise, that’s what my NSX is for.

I owned a 3G TL (2004) automatic myself 19 years ago. It is still my favorite Acura of all time other than the NSX. That was, and still is, a legend of a car and before the ITS, was the best FWD car I’ve ever owned. So good taste in owning and driving one. I never got to drive a manual TL-S :( . My loss.

In any case, the ITS is about the same size (edit: 3 inches shorter, 1 inch lower, 2 inches narrower, same wheelbase, so close) as a 3G TL, but has an excellent manual transmission, 20 years’ newer technology, an LSD, and more power. However, you will lose memory seats and Homelink (garage door opener). I hope this helps some.

MontanaLLC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Acura TL
Thank you! This is very helpful.

I guess I will try to place an order for an ITS.

I went from 2000 Integra to 2006 TL to 2024 ITS.

I loved both of the first two cars but the ITS is in a different atmosphere. Never had this much fun driving a car period. Massive upgrade in every way and the ITS just comes alive in a way that you’re going to enjoy it for a long time.

ive Driven(not owned) EVO X, bmw m3, fast EV’s and none that blew me away in the way that the ITS is.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Montanallc...what a screen name..Good luck with your order...I thought the "montanallc" trick/process was exclusive to the supercar forums....lol

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Nope. ITS is the “outside car”. NSX and S2000 are always inside, they get way too much attention when I leave them out overnight. ITS is more incognito :) unless someone is a car nerd like me. I ultimately need a way to fit two four post lifts into my two-car garage, or to add garage space. With an iron support beam through the center of the garage, it’ll be tough…

For a time, I had a TL-S manual share a driveway space with my 6-6 Accord. TL-S was surprisingly light on its feet even compared to the Accord which was roughly 270 lbs less car. The LSD and suspension upgrades were a game changer, not to mention the bump in power.

What I look forward to with the ITS is that it's the best of both worlds and the worst of none. It weighs less than my Accord, packs more performance than the TL-S, and is significantly more sharp and engaging than both. Plus the added utility of 4 doors and a lift back. An all-around great package!

Sponsored

MontanaLLC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Acura TL
If my current car is a 3G TL-S 6MT, I probably won't upgrade to an ITS.
IMO, besides NSXes, the 3G TL exterior design is still the best among all Acura products these years.

For a time, I had a TL-S manual share a driveway space with my 6-6 Accord. TL-S was surprisingly light on its feet even compared to the Accord which was roughly 270 lbs less car. The LSD and suspension upgrades were a game changer, not to mention the bump in power.

What I look forward to with the ITS is that it's the best of both worlds and the worst of none. It weighs less than my Accord, packs more performance than the TL-S, and is significantly more sharp and engaging than both. Plus the added utility of 4 doors and a lift back. An all-around great package!

Last edited:

MontanaLLC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Acura TL
Lol, ITS is like a supercar in terms rarity.
There are only limited sports sedans/hatchbackes with manual transmissions available for sale in America:
-CTR
-ITS
-WRX
-M3
-M4
-CT4 BW
-CT5 BW
-JETTA GLI
-GTI/R
-ELANTRA N
-GR Corolla

EDITED:
-M2

Montanallc...what a screen name..Good luck with your order...I thought the "montanallc" trick/process was exclusive to the supercar forums....lol

Last edited:

Srt//////M3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 set challenger 2016 f80 m3 2020 outlander
Great review, Love the nsx, always had a soft spot for that car. Iam not exactly a (Honda) purist, I never knew that the s2000 was such a cult classic car so to speak. All this talk about the transmission makes me want to take one out for a drive!! Thinking back I've never been in one period.

ttcbj

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Sienna, 2022 Rav4, 2022 Boxster GTS 4.
Amazing stable, congratulations...out of curiosity, how would you rate/rank the manual transmissions across the 3 cars? I am assuming the S2K has the best one?
The original review (first post) has a comparison of the transmissions. S2k is best, then integra, then NSX, according to OP.
Sponsored