No change in damper feel with the adaptive suspension

TrackRider54

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech
I came from a WRX, which had a stock suspension that was just flat uncomfortable. I replaced it with some aftermarket units that were supposed to be "comfort" coil overs and they were much better than stock, but I wouldn't call them "comfortable".

When I jumped in the Integra on my test drive, normal mode feel so good...soft and cushy without being floaty. I tried comfort and I could feel it was softer...just less damped, but still not bouncy. Sport mode was still far better than my WRX...FAR better. But I can feel more of the smaller bumps.

I've never owned a car that had suspension modes like the Integra. I can tell a difference. It's not OMG night and day difference, but it's enough to be useful.
Sponsored

Souk24nior

First Name
Souk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 integra
Firstly welcome.

I have three questions to better answer your issue.

1) A-Spec or Type S?
2) Are you driving over pristine roads or bumpy ones?
3) How calibrated is your butt sensor?

I could only speak for the ITS but in Comfort mode it's still stiff, but muted. In Sport+ I can count the number of cracks I drive over. Might not be as apparent in the A-Spec.

Third question might seem offensive but some people just don't have that ability. Sitting in the passenger seat of my wife's car, I'm able to feel issues sooner than she can. Best suggestions is drive on a moderately bumpy road and switch quickly between the highest and lowest setting (10-15 seconds each).
Alright Niki Lauda, take it easy. Lol... I'm one of those people that can barely tell the difference in suspension modes. I'm curious if lowering springs effect the dampers or not.
I have noticed how uncomfortable the aspec seats are in long road trips, though.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Alright Niki Lauda, take it easy. Lol... I'm one of those people that can barely tell the difference in suspension modes. I'm curious if lowering springs effect the dampers or not.
I have noticed how uncomfortable the aspec seats are in long road trips, though.
Can confirm, an A-spec on lowering springs. Sport is pretty noticeable, especially on bad roads. Normal and comfort is extremely close, comfort being a tad bit softer but negligible. Honestly feel like comfort on lowering springs feels like normal on stock suspension

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I was and still am thoroughly underwhelmed by the "active dampers" on the a-spec. When they are due for replacement they will get deleted by coilovers.

Every factory setting is under sprung over damped. The squat on hard acceleration plus the jarring impacts of road imperfections illustrate these flaws.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Iā€™ve got an ITS 6MT with 15,600 miles. Can feel a subtle difference. Wish it were more pronounced.
I thought you had an A-Spec. Crazy miles for an Integra Type S.

Sponsored

Imperial

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Acura RL Tech; 2024 Integra ASpec Tech
Hi all,

Congrats to everyone with Integras! I'm new to the forum.

First off I'm very impressed with this car however there does not seem to be any change with the suspension feel across the modes. It is very firm in every setting. I have had and driven cars with adaptive suspensions and can very much feel the difference. I have done many tests over different roads. I am running in 40-50 degrees F so I don't know if that plays a part. I don't have any codes. Can someone suggest a better way to test this weather pulling a fuse or the plugs on the dampers themselves. I did search this but did not find anything so I assume no one else has this issue. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Is your vehicle A-Spec or A-Spec Tech? Integra with Tech package has adaptive suspension.

AmericaFirst

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra
I have a base CVT with almost 9kmi and it does start to get more pronounced with milage. Sport+ with 93 octane is a big difference to how it is on comfort. I was under the impression that the steering ratio changed as well but I could be wrong.
Sponsored