One problem fixed, new one emerges...

GilaRiveR1#

First Name
M.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1994 Integra RS Coupe
1994 Integra RS, auto trans, 145k. Was my Mother's car & maintained well with no abuse. It does sit for long periods. Just replaced a bad distributor. When engine started, had clatter - inspected and found 5 intake cam rockers that fell off their mounts, valves had been adjusted recently (at a shop), I didn't drive it and repaired it immediately upon hearing the valve clatter and rough idle. I replaced all 5 rockers & valves adjusted to-spec. Engine runs normally. What is "Normal" acceptable crankcase pressure/blowby in these engines? I noticed the valve cover vent hose that goes to the intake in front of the TB getting too hot to touch after the engine runs for a few minutes. I removed the oil fill cap with the engine idling and a significant amount of airflow (and a low-roar noise) is being forced out. The PCV valve is clear, but will be replaced anyway. No oil smoke in exhaust or oil consumption, plugs not fouled. Is significant crankcase pressure as-described normal, not normal? I plan to do a dry/wet compression test, but with no smoke, no oil consumption or plug fouling...Worn rings were not my first thought. Thanks in-advance!
Sponsored