• Trans problem

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
Probably not the answer you’re looking for, but I would also try a reputable Honda dealer in your area if Acura dealers have all failed you. You can get any Honda or Acura car serviced at Honda or Acura dealers.
Sponsored

OP
OP

24ITSowner

First Name
IntegratypeSown
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra type S
Idk about that one. I tried to go to a Honda. And they told me they would touch this car with a ten foot pole that if I did it would void warranty not that it matters I just called and cancelled my premier care and gold package warranties but still they won’t work on it

ITS_320

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Accord 2.0T/10AT, '24 ITS
So its been a few weeks since I drained the OEM fill MTF and replaced it. I do think that the groaning/gear whining sound at highway speeds has been lessened. It is still there and I can still replicate it any time I want with very light throttle pressure on a level or downhill surface.

IMO there are two variables that could have worked to lessen the noise. My car was slightly under filled from the factory (2.0qts drained). Refilling I used the proper amount (2.3qts) and verified this using the check bolt on the front of the transmission. It's possible that the extra .3qts helps somehow as the transmission fill capacity is so small.

I also did not use Honda/Acura MTF but instead used a fluid I've used on most of my other manual transmission Honda's in the past: GM Synchromesh Friction Modified.

It's also possible that the different fluid/additive package helped with some of the gear noise that I was getting.

In either case I don't think this indicates a mechanical issue with the car. I think its just a characteristic of these transmissions.

The only other thing I'll add is that I think shifting is better with the GM fluid. Fast 1st to 2nd shifts when the car is really hot no longer feel scratchy, whereas with the OEM fluid if I rushed that shift I could feel the synchros not quite keeping up.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Is the GM stuff OK to use with the LSD?

I've used it on my 6-6 Accord and S2000, but both does not have a LSD in the tranny...

ITS_320

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Accord 2.0T/10AT, '24 ITS
Is the GM stuff OK to use with the LSD?

I've used it on my 6-6 Accord and S2000, but both does not have a LSD in the tranny...
FK8/FL5/DE5 transmissions use a Torsen LSD. As long as the MTF is compatible with yellow metals and falls within the recommended viscosity range you can use it without fear of damaging or interfering with the LSD.

For us, this means the vast majority of the "manual transmission fluid" out there will work just fine. I would still stay away from GL5 Hypoid gear oils (think something like Mobil 75w90).

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
FK8/FL5/DE5 transmissions use a Torsen LSD. As long as the MTF is compatible with yellow metals and falls within the recommended viscosity range you can use it without fear of damaging or interfering with the LSD.

For us, this means the vast majority of the "manual transmission fluid" out there will work just fine. I would still stay away from GL5 Hypoid gear oils (think something like Mobil 75w90).
The Hypoid stuff I use in my S2000 diff. is so thick (and smells so bad when you replace it!).
Sponsored