Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I think I prefer the flaps to the factory guards. There tends to be less slush and snow buildup on flaps compared to guards. However, the guards look better.

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
Kind of pricey for what is essentially sheets of plastic. I already bought, but haven't installed, the OEM splash guards yet. I might have considered it had it been available a couple of months back, but I don't like the logo/lettering on the flaps

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I prefer the OEM guards too, but some people like the look of these and I'm glad there are options available.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
The OE mud guards look nice, but they don't do shit.

Hope at least these ones do the job for people who will buy them.

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The OE mud guards look nice, but they don't do shit.

Hope at least these ones do the job for people who will buy them.
Do you have documented evidence of the OE mud guards not doing shit?

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
C'mon now, you know you need documented evidence of every opinion you deign to hold on the Internet.

OP
OP
ChromaPop

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
FWIW, statement from Rally Armor:

Just an fyi that there are many types of plastics, however polyurethane is in its own unique category of tear, shock resistance, long term wear and tear resilience. Our material is custom formulated to endure all types of harsh weather. We produce Hyundai Canada's mud flaps, which requires the toughest of plastics to stand up to months of snow and salt.

Kind regards,
Rally Armor

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
FWIW, statement from Rally Armor:

Just an fyi that there are many types of plastics, however polyurethane is in its own unique category of tear, shock resistance, long term wear and tear resilience. Our material is custom formulated to endure all types of harsh weather. We produce Hyundai Canada's mud flaps, which requires the toughest of plastics to stand up to months of snow and salt.

Kind regards,
Rally Armor
I'm genuinely interested in their claim that they can be taken on and off seasonally. Road salt is a real MF'er and if that's true I might be sold on the idea. I guess I have to see if the Civic ones work on a non-S.

Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Do you have documented evidence of the OE mud guards not doing shit?
My own experience. And they might help as compared to no splash guards at all, so I didn't phrase it correctly.

But everytime I drive on a dirty road (for example muddy road), I get mud all over the doors. Never had a car that splashes stuff everywhere like that.

Will be messy this winter with all the road salt!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My own experience. And they might help as compared to no splash guards at all, so I didn't phrase it correctly.

But everytime I drive on a dirty road (for example muddy road), I get mud all over the doors. Never had a car that splashes stuff everywhere like that.

Will be messy this winter with all the road salt!
I got them to protect the rocker panels from rocks getting kicked up by the tires and that ends my expectations of them. So far so good... and I can say that I've had at least a couple sports cars that did start to show evidence of sandblasting from road debris by the 3000 mile mark so they appear to be doing their job. The fact that they don't look intrusive is huge bonus.

I'm not really sure if any mudflap is going to completely prevent any mud from getting on the side of the car but I guess I'd be curious as to the effectiveness of these aftermarket brands... in your case I would probably try to avoid the muddy roads if you could?

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I would probably try to avoid the muddy roads if you could?
Mud? That's cute. Up here we deal with shit like this, and no you can't avoid it.
snot.jpg

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
These look better than I thought they would based on the rendered pics! They're not as "loud" as I thought they'd be and I like the dark grey text option as that seems to be the most subtle.

I have the OEM guards on my car now, so I'm not in a hurry to get these. I'm interested to see real-life pics of these installed and how the protection compares vs. the OEM splash guards though. I imagine these should be at the very least just as good, but likely better in terms of protection.
Sponsored