Squeaks, Rattles and Groans

SharpAndy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6spd
The title says it all. I've got one persistent squeak that will not go away, which I think may be from around the HUD, but I'm not certain. I've also noticed that when I depress the brake pedal there's an audible, almost groan, it gives off.

So here's a few videos of the squeak in the dash, and the groan the brake pedal makes. I really need to get the dealership to follow up on this since these are super annoying, and it really detracts from the car. If I could pinpoint it exactly, I'd fix it myself. I'm just worried the whole dash is gonna have to be removed to fix that squeak.

As for my driving, I'm going down a fairly well maintained stretch of highway at about 45mph. A few bumps and cracks in the road, but no potholes. Relatively smooth for my area.

Any Ideas? Thoughts?

Sponsored

faiam200

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
I have that same squeak but it is not constant. My Integra doesn’t come with a HUD but I hear it in the same area as where the HUD would be. Haven’t found what is making the sound. If you find what the problem is please let us know!

OP
OP
SharpAndy

SharpAndy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6spd
UPDATE!!!

I know it's been a few months, but I finally remembered to update. The dealer ended up pulling my entire dash to fix the problem. The reinforcement bar that everything mounts to wasn't even remotely tight, causing the brake pedal to groan, the clutch pedal to not operate properly, and that bar to move around enough to contact a whole slew of things under the dash. I finally got all of this resolved last week when the clips for the A pillars came in (took almost two and a half months). BUT now my car is solid. And I'm glad the folks at the dealership were so helpful. When I played the videos for the service guy his reaction was a very worried, "yeah it shouldn't be doing that at all..." Now Im just waiting on a driver's seat belt. It won't retract properly...
Sponsored