Sponsored

Type S Front Pipe Questions

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Does a front pipe only add some horse power & sound to the stock exhaust ? Any recommended brands people are using and like ?
Sponsored

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I don't think the front pipe alone will make any difference in sound.
Biggest two sound changers are obviously the mufflers and then the CAT.
I also don't think changing the front pipe without the downpipe will make any HP difference since your main bottleneck in that scenario would first be the downpipe and stock CAT. thats kinda like making JUST the middle of a straw bigger and expecting more throughput.
Change them both at same time or add DP first to get HP increase then you can add FP to add a smidge to the mix. This way you will at least have more inbound airflow to the exhaust and room to compress (back pressure) before exiting exhaust.
I only have experience with PRL front pipe matched to TSP down pipe.

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I don't think the front pipe alone will make any difference in sound.
Biggest two sound changers are obviously the mufflers and then the CAT.
I also don't think changing the front pipe without the downpipe will make any HP difference since your main bottleneck in that scenario would first be the downpipe and stock CAT. thats kinda like making JUST the middle of a straw bigger and expecting more throughput.
Change them both at same time or add DP first to get HP increase then you can add FP to add a smidge to the mix. This way you will at least have more inbound airflow to the exhaust and room to compress (back pressure) before exiting exhaust.
I only have experience with PRL front pipe matched to TSP down pipe.
Appreciate maybe I'll wait if that is the case and do the downpipe and front all at the same time. I did not want to get a new exhaust so soon as I am not liking the options just yet.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I had some pretty big gains with DP and FP +58HP +58FT with intake side already done (minus HVI was installed after dyno)..
posted link to dyno and vid here. (1) Dyno Numbers for TSP catted downpipe and PRL frontpipe. | IntegraForums - 2023+ Acura Integra & Type S Forums, News, Owners, Discussions
Wow those are some big #'s just from those 3 things and no tune ? I already have a intake installed so it's a start. Now I am really wanting to do this sooner than later. I see you also have the PRL Intercooler, PRL titanium inlet and the HPS charge pipes , could this be affecting the # ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wow those are some big #'s just from those 3 things and no tune ? I already have a intake installed so it's a start. Now I am really wanting to do this sooner than later. I see you also have the PRL Intercooler, PRL titanium inlet and the HPS charge pipes , could this be affecting the # ?
yes, with PRL Intercooler, PRL titanium inlet and the HPS charge pipes I was +18hp and +14tq...
Bout to do another Dyno with the PRL HVI Delta to see how much difference that made.

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec
I recently installed the front pipe on the stock exhaust. The overall tone is slightly louder but the pops on up shifts and downshifts are significantly louder.

I wouldn’t expect any measurable performance gains from the front pipe alone.

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I recently installed the front pipe on the stock exhaust. The overall tone is slightly louder but the pops on up shifts and downshifts are significantly louder.

I wouldn’t expect any measurable performance gains from the front pipe alone.
Nice , What front pipe did you go with ? Did it change the exhaust tone also a bit ?

Sponsored