vibrations/rattle around 3-4k

BlackTeggy

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra A-Spec 6spd, 05 S2000, 22 RDX A-Spec
At cruising speeds and not driving like a bat outta hell, I'm getting vibrations/rattle in sport mode. Tried in comfort as well and it is still there. Anyone else have the same experience?
Sponsored

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Can you narrow down its origin any?

OP
OP

BlackTeggy

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can you narrow down its origin any?
sounds like it's coming from the back side of the engine area, completely stock teg

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
I assume you hear it. Do you feel it as well?
I have had an intermittent steering wheel vibration but nothing like you described.

OP
OP

BlackTeggy

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I assume you hear it. Do you feel it as well?
I have had an intermittent steering wheel vibration but nothing like you described.
it’s purely audible, nothing I feel at all. Naturally Cant hear it with the radio but now I know it’s there so it’s driving me nuts lol

Sponsored

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
With this being a new car to us all its hard to suggest any causes. Maybe some of the Civic owners with a 1.5T might be worth asking.
Of course as soon as u take it into the dealership it will magically disappear.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Of course as soon as u take it into the dealership it will magically disappear.
Similarly, in my experience a few minutes in the waiting room with the dog at the vet/kid at the pediatrician is also effective at fixing whatever was wrong with the dog/kid when you walked in.

zachristo

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I have this same issue. 3-4K RPM. Consistently at 3.5k. Seems to happen more when engine is getting warm (doesn’t happen on cold start, doesn’t happen once completely warm). At first I thought it could be the dash rattle others have thought but looking at the engine bay and seeing the exhaust run I think it may be related to that. We’re y’all ever able to figure it out?

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I have this same issue. 3-4K RPM. Consistently at 3.5k. Seems to happen more when engine is getting warm (doesn’t happen on cold start, doesn’t happen once completely warm). At first I thought it could be the dash rattle others have thought but looking at the engine bay and seeing the exhaust run I think it may be related to that. We’re y’all ever able to figure it out?
I am a Honda tech, and my project this week has been a 2023 integra with the rattle at 3500-4K. This vehicle is a manual transmission, and it only happens at that RPM range. I just found it yesterday. We found it to be the heater core rattle against the heater box. Also found that the heater box’s mount was broken. The whole dash is out, and we are waiting on parts now. You can see if this is your issue by revving the car to the point it makes the rattle and have someone wiggle the coolant lines that come out at the heater core.

C123E004-39A4-41BD-BF62-BF1E66EDF120.jpeg

zachristo

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
That sounds like the same noise for sure. My noise isn’t consistent though. But I’ll look into this and try to get mine on video too.

Sponsored

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Wow. Good job. As someone with only the most meager mechanical ability, I see cars torn apart like this and can't even imagine having the knowledge and skill to get to that point or get it all back together again.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Wow. Good job. As someone with only the most meager mechanical ability, I see cars torn apart like this and can't even imagine having the knowledge and skill to get to that point or get it all back together again.
The harder part is doing it inside the time that Honda/Acura pays you… which is only 5.5 hours. Lol