First Name
IntegratypeSown
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra type S
IMG_4179.jpeg
IMG_4181.jpeg
hit a part of a 18 wheeler axel so I was told. 7 others and myself included decided to play soccer with it. Insurance is handling it. But trying to replace power control arm with a after market non oem part effectively fuckin up premier care vsc
image000000.jpeg
Sponsored

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Have you considered taking the $ and buying OEM parts?

It may cost you, but...

OP
OP

24ITSowner

First Name
IntegratypeSown
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you considered taking the $ and buying OEM parts?

It may cost you, but...
Well of course. But the point is. In paying for full coverage. And they should be replacing all oem

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Who is your insurance? I'm hearing shady shit about State Farm but I need to validate it through more than just the one local bodyshop I've got a quote through (i.e., the body shop might be shady).

I agree, cutting corners on a repair is bullshit.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Well of course. But the point is. In paying for full coverage. And they should be replacing all oem
Oh, I 100% agree.

Auto insurance is BS. I had an issue with my second car end of last year (someone hit it in the parking lot while it was getting winter tires fitted). Same thing. And, (at least in my state) the period for which they were required to provide a loaner would not cover the wait at any reputed shop in the area.

I understand this helps keep premiums down, but I would rather pay higher premiums and actually "be made whole" than pay lower premiums and get a fraction of my car back because someone else messed it up.

The fact that someone else can damage your vehicle and it is considered acceptable for them to "fix" it with non-OEM parts is garbage. Non-OEM parts should be an option for when you want to pay less for damage you caused to your own car -- not damage you caused to someone else's.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Evolving_e63

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Type S , 2003 Evo, 2018 AMG E63s
Can't the body shop just say "we only use oem parts" to your insurance ?

OP
OP

24ITSowner

First Name
IntegratypeSown
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Who is your insurance? I'm hearing shady shit about State Farm but I need to validate it through more than just the one local bodyshop I've got a quote through (i.e., the body shop might be shady).

I agree, cutting corners on a repair is bullshit.
Farmers is insurance. Shop is my dealership

OP
OP

24ITSowner

First Name
IntegratypeSown
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update: I called farmers about 10 times bitching about it. They finally approved it to be oem replacement. So that’s good. Car should be back up and running in about 2 days

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Wow look at that labor rate. The last insurance offer i received it was $55 an hour. I knew they were scamming me woth that

Sponsored

Evolving_e63

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Type S , 2003 Evo, 2018 AMG E63s
Nope. Not when it’s an insurance claim
Wild man. When I had my 2018 sti I got into am accident with it. Geico even paid for a new sti front lip that I bought as an add-on

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Wow look at that labor rate. The last insurance offer i received it was $55 an hour. I knew they were scamming me woth that
180-200$ is typical fair labor today. 10 yrs ago 120 was fair.

55 is nuts. I don't even get charged that low when carrying livery and rep for a shop... Downright shady.

@optronix, I used to have state farm and they labeled 3 glass claims as "weather related claims" which totally messed up my rates for years. It took a while working with various insurance brokers to get it resolved appropriately. I didn't have major issues with them otherwise, but I've also heard of other shady practices and dropping people after two claims in 5 years. I now carry travelers via an independent agent and somehow I pay less for my its than I did my vw gti, like 82$/mo or something. They somehow magically reduce my rates yearly as well. Covid was just massive drops year after year!

OP
OP

24ITSowner

First Name
IntegratypeSown
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
180-200$ is typical fair labor today. 10 yrs ago 120 was fair.

55 is nuts. I don't even get charged that low when carrying livery and rep for a shop... Downright shady.

@optronix, I used to have state farm and they labeled 3 glass claims as "weather related claims" which totally messed up my rates for years. It took a while working with various insurance brokers to get it resolved appropriately. I didn't have major issues with them otherwise, but I've also heard of other shady practices and dropping people after two claims in 5 years. I now carry travelers via an independent agent and somehow I pay less for my its than I did my vw gti, like 82$/mo or something. They somehow magically reduce my rates yearly as well. Covid was just massive drops year after year!
With comprehensive claim, it isn’t raising my rates luckily

TXWayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 MDX A-Spec
Farmers is insurance. Shop is my dealership
Take a look at Texas Farm Bureau. I switched to them from USAA back in 2018 and they have been outstanding on claims. My agent is really good and is on my side, always trying to save me a buck on premiums but very helpful on claims.
Sponsored