Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I decided what intake I wanted, and bought it- Infinity Design. I was toying around with getting the Eventuri or GruppeM- almost settled on PRL or Armasped- but this one looks better than all of them IMHO, and according to this semi-scientific YouTube test, outperforms them all.

I intend to try to install it myself; as far as I know I may be the first to try this intake on a DE5. If anyone else has installed an Infinity Design some insight into the install process would be appreciated, although it doesn't look like too big a deal.

Hopefully it comes in within the next week so I can stand a chance at installing it during some available downtime so I don't get lazy and let it drag on for months.

Also for anyone interested, I got a $350 discount by adding it to the cart.

https://infinitydesignusa.com/products/honda-civic-type-r-fl5?variant=45161124724952

Here's an image, although there are two options, gloss and matte carbon, I went with matte.

1727283934264-d8.jpg
Sponsored

Vinnie

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS LSM
I decided what intake I wanted, and bought it- Infinity Design. I was toying around with getting the Eventuri or GruppeM- almost settled on PRL or Armasped- but this one looks better than all of them IMHO, and according to this semi-scientific YouTube test, outperforms them all.

I intend to try to install it myself; as far as I know I may be the first to try this intake on a DE5. If anyone else has installed an Infinity Design some insight into the install process would be appreciated, although it doesn't look like too big a deal.

Hopefully it comes in within the next week so I can stand a chance at installing it during some available downtime so I don't get lazy and let it drag on for months.

https://infinitydesignusa.com/products/honda-civic-type-r-fl5?variant=45161124724952

Here's an image, although there are two options, gloss and matte carbon, I went with matte.

1727283934264-d8.jpg
wow that looks AWESOME... but for that price, i think there are much better gains to be had. i like the afe takeda intake visually.

but hey, i'm not paying your cc bill. cannot wait to see it installed!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
wow that looks AWESOME... but for that price, i think there are much better gains to be had. i like the afe takeda intake visually.

but hey, i'm not paying your cc bill. cannot wait to see it installed!
Yeah, I won't try to argue that it's worth the cost over something like a PRL or aFe, but if I'm spending the money I may as well like how it looks. I expect it to sound cool too, otherwise I'm not expecting a hugely noticeable increase in power, even though the claims of ~20whp and ~15wtq should for sure be noticeable.

It's all subjective, but I am most definitely not a fan of the "shaped plastic box" intake aesthetic, and I didn't want an open box either.

So now I'll just have to pop my hood everywhere I go so I can justify the expense.

Vinnie

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS LSM
Yeah, I won't try to argue that it's worth the cost over something like a PRL or aFe, but if I'm spending the money I may as well like how it looks. I expect it to sound cool too, otherwise I'm not expecting a hugely noticeable increase in power, even though the claims of ~20whp and ~15wtq should for sure be noticeable.

It's all subjective, but I am most definitely not a fan of the "shaped plastic box" intake aesthetic, and I didn't want an open box either.

So now I'll just have to pop my hood everywhere I go so I can justify the expense.
with no tune, the only thing you'll notice is the noise and the beautiful form factor. i cant wait to see the matte carbon. and trust me, this is coming from someone who almost bought the gruppeM... that thing looks killer. please pop your hood every chance you get. you could always go full clear plexiglass hood hahah weight reduction too.

hope you get it installed ASAP

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S

1727283934264-d8.jpg
Congrats; it's a beautiful and functional piece!

Pics and a sound clip or two would be nice, once you have a moment :)

Underdog

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 ITS, ‘06 Legacy GT

1727283934264-d8.jpg
Can’t wait to hear your impressions of it. Certainly looks amazing, especially with their turbo inlet.

image4.jpg
Sponsored