Sponsored

de5_45

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS
I just designed it and ordered it through stickermule. I like to draw stuff when I'm bored.

I also made a "Vtec inside" sticker and also some bootleg shark "No good racing" stickers for the Integ.

20240703_105328.jpg
thanks

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Looks great. I'm not sure when I'll be able to justify $3k+ on coils so I'm considering springs now too.

You get ~2 degrees of negative camber in the rear just from the drop, right? Does that bring it to ~2.5 total? And the front still needs pins pulled/camber bolts right?

And what springs are these? I've read on the FL5 forums that Spoon are best (for reasons I forgot already), but they introduce a reverse rake that would probably get on my last nerves. Someone manufactured a shim for it but that's extra hassle... my use case includes autocross and light track duty, wondering if I should just cave and do springs or keep waiting til probably springtime for coils...

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Looks great. I'm not sure when I'll be able to justify $3k+ on coils so I'm considering springs now too.

You get ~2 degrees of negative camber in the rear just from the drop, right? Does that bring it to ~2.5 total? And the front still needs pins pulled/camber bolts right?

And what springs are these? I've read on the FL5 forums that Spoon are best (for reasons I forgot already), but they introduce a reverse rake that would probably get on my last nerves. Someone manufactured a shim for it but that's extra hassle... my use case includes autocross and light track duty, wondering if I should just cave and do springs or keep waiting til probably springtime for coils...
1000015760.jpg

I'm off a bit on some settings but overall I'm not too concerned.

The setup is H&R FL5 springs and 20mm Bonoss spacers all around. The front pins were pulled as a precautionary measure. I figured I should do it while the car was apart and the worst thing that could happen was that there would be some more range available for adjustment.

I wanted to keep the factory dynamic suspension function so coilovers are out of the question for me unless Nitron introduces their Elec-TRON line or something similar. Even then I wouldn't make the investment because I feel the factory system isn't lacking anywhere (outside of ride height) for my use case (100% street car).

If I'm being honest, after install, I didn't notice any considerable change to ride quality or performance (unless I started pushing it a little). It had me at a strange crossroads where I wanted to feel some sort of "gain" (IE stiffness) to justify the work and cost but at the same time I wanted to maintain stock road manners. I've since realized that I went in with zero expectations outside of improved visuals and that's exactly what I got but my monkey brain isn't satisfied for some reason. Damnit if it doesn't look good when looking at the car from outside.

As I'm thinking out loud, I may need to look into sway bars at some point in the future to try and scratch that itch. I think what I'm actually searching for is even more flatness while cornering and even more stability over bumps. Less flex but with no added harshness.
1000015856.jpg

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
1000015760.jpg

The setup is H&R FL5 springs and 20mm Bonoss spacers all around. The front pins were pulled as a precautionary measure. I figured I should do it while the car was apart and the worst thing that could happen was that there would be some more range available for adjustment.

I wanted to keep the factory dynamic suspension function so coilovers are out of the question for me unless Nitron introduces their Elec-TRON line or something similar. Even then I wouldn't make the investment because I feel the factory system isn't lacking anywhere (outside of ride height) for my use case (100% street car).

If I'm being honest, after install, I didn't notice any considerable change to ride quality or performance (unless I started pushing it a little). It had me at a strange crossroads where I wanted to feel some sort of "gain" (IE stiffness) to justify the work and cost but at the same time I wanted to maintain stock road manners. I've since realized that I went in with zero expectations outside of improved visuals and that's exactly what I got but my monkey brain isn't satisfied for some reason. Damnit if it doesn't look good when looking at the car from outside.

As I'm thinking out loud, I may need to look into sway bars at some point in the future to try and scratch that itch. I think what I'm actually searching for is even more flatness while cornering and even more stability over bumps. Less flex but with no added harshness.
1000015856.jpg
Ok that's interesting. I was thinking camber would change from the drop but I guess not significantly... also that's more camber than I expected stock.

Interesting. Were pins pulled before the springs (i.e., in the "before" measurement)?

But yeah, I think my expectations would be mostly visual too, just the extra camber is what I'm after because I am definitely at the limits of what the car can do stock on an autocross course. Track, not so much; I'm fine with it stock actually. Plans are definitely to move to 200 TW tires when the Michelins are worn out, which will help raise the limits much higher probably more than anything else could.. but after adding the Apex wheels I look at the car and wish it was lowered pretty much every day lol.

I don't really get that much benefit out of the adjustable dampers, I could probably be fine with it in Sport or even Sport+ all day which is why I'm leaning towards coils. But I'm impatient and promised myself I wouldn't spend too much on this car.

We'll see if this infatuation with springs manifests into an actual purchase. Thanks for the insight though, for sure. Much appreciated.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
1000015760.jpg

1000015856.jpg
It sounds like what you're searching for is a more aggressive tire.

Drop down to 18s and the world of more aggressive setups and more tire options will open up, where you can tune the "spring rate" of your tires with pressure and have much more range to play with. The ps4s is super soft and compliant compared to an re71rs or a hoosinental. Hysterically so, because I've had to run it at 44 psi paddock temp before, 😂.

The factory adjustable suspension is going to be a better setup than most coils anyway. You'd have to really get a setup with remote reservoirs and do a lot of track time tuning to get the setup where you want it. Last time I revalved my coils on my racecar I spent 5hrs on track (by myself) tuning it back in to get to the same pace I was at previously, and then another 2 hrs to gain roughly 1s per minute. It's a substantial improvement if your consistency is at the half second to second per lap range, but if it's not then you'll get a lot more bang per buck from spending that money on a coach. Just my 0.2c 🙂. Oh, and that setup is set to nearly full soft now, because most tracks are not F1 level smooth so softer sprung cars tend to go faster than stiffer ones when setup well.

I'll also note, "flatness does not make go fast". It's all about how you transition weight around and if you go too stiff then moving the weight forward under trail braking for rotation starts to diminish and understeer rears it's head. Then you have to start playing with reducing front tire pressure, increasing rear, stiffening the rear arb, loosening the front arb, introducing more camber, and/or adding more aggressive rear pads. It's all a give and take.

Sponsored

Doskiller

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type R FL5
I started with 3/16” thick balsa wood, but felt that it wasn’t stable or strong enough. Ended up using 1/8” thick 3-ply plywood that I got from a local hobby shop.
Hey Chuckee ........ I could not take it and I had to make a cover for my FL5. Your tip on the hobby plywood was spot on. Thanks again .......... Dos ;-)
IMG_20240808_210220709.jpg
IMG_20240808_210233344.jpg

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Ok that's interesting. I was thinking camber would change from the drop but I guess not significantly... also that's more camber than I expected stock.

Interesting. Were pins pulled before the springs (i.e., in the "before" measurement)?

But yeah, I think my expectations would be mostly visual too, just the extra camber is what I'm after because I am definitely at the limits of what the car can do stock on an autocross course. Track, not so much; I'm fine with it stock actually. Plans are definitely to move to 200 TW tires when the Michelins are worn out, which will help raise the limits much higher probably more than anything else could.. but after adding the Apex wheels I look at the car and wish it was lowered pretty much every day lol.

I don't really get that much benefit out of the adjustable dampers, I could probably be fine with it in Sport or even Sport+ all day which is why I'm leaning towards coils. But I'm impatient and promised myself I wouldn't spend too much on this car.

We'll see if this infatuation with springs manifests into an actual purchase. Thanks for the insight though, for sure. Much appreciated.
Eibach pro kit should be more stiff than H&R. I'm on pro kit and it's definitely stiffer than stock. I love the look, and cornering is flatter on the streets, but on the track you definitely still get some body roll. I don't think it has any reverse rake, but the front fender is cut a little higher, so the front is full one finger gap, and the rear is a little less gap, like you can't get a finger in straight.

The ride is harsher, but I've had springs on all my cars over the last 20 years so I'm used to it, and the trade off is definitely worth it.

From what I gather, H&R is closest to stock.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
@optronix my "before" measurement was with springs installed and pins pulled. I never actually did a baseline alignment prior to install. I typically ride around in Sport or Sport+ myself. When the kids are in the car I set it to Comfort. One of my favorite features of the car is definitely all of the adjustable settings and drive modes because I can cater it to my drive and passengers. Oh and the occasional snaps and bangs from the exhaust. That's a big plus when I want to unwind after a day at the office.

@Victorofhavoc I've considered 18s because of exactly what you mentioned but I don't really want to go down that rabbit hole. Mainly because I think the car rides well enough from factory and the PS4S delivers on performance and longevity. Plus I REALLY like the look of 19s and modern, skinny & stretched tires. I want to approach suspension from a systems perspective and I think slightly stiffer sway bars may compliment the springs but I don't quite feel the juice is worth the squeeze for me. I feel like I'm juuuuust on the border of what is and isn't acceptable for my use.

I'm definitely not chasing times with this car so all out performance is extremely low on my list, there's enough of it to go around in stock trim. I'm leaning into the Type S(treet) badge and my goal is to incrementally increase the *feel* of the car so that the drive is more engaging and fun at all speeds but not to take too much away from its street manners.

SocalDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 its
Had the Paragon rotors, rv6 front pipe (thx doskiller) and a new defuser under the bumper installed.

The brakes have a faster "bite" now. Very nice feel to the brake pedal. EBC yellow pads on front & green pads on the rear.

I caught some rebar from a parking block n the defuser tore.

And the rv6 front pipe. I don't have pix but the diameter of the rv6 is much bigger than the oem. Pops n bubbles sound a tad more aggressive.
Happy with it all.
20240809_175156.jpg
20240809_175142.jpg

20240809_175205.jpg
Sponsored