Xionzel

First Name
Xionzel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic
*For further reference*

Let’s say my battery is dead, how do I manually release the electronic brakes to pop the clutch? Coming from a pull up handle e-brake civic.
Sponsored

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Sport
To answer your question, remove the motors off the calipers and turn the piston out, I believe it’s an e socket.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
If you have no power to your ecu, it won’t even run.
You do know that all manual cars since like the late 80's have an ECU and you can still pop the clutch on all of them to start it right? Soon as the engine gets going the alternator delivers power.

Acuratech214

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
You do know that all manual cars since like the late 80's have an ECU and you can still pop the clutch on all of them to start it right? Soon as the engine gets going the alternator delivers power.
without power the e.brake will not release. If you take the motors off the calipers yourself and try to turn them in you take the risk of breaking them. I would not advise this. While the car is in warranty roadside assistance is your best bet. For after that, buy One of those small jumpers to keep in the car.

Sponsored

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
without power the e.brake will not release. If you take the motors off the calipers yourself and try to turn them in you take the risk of breaking them. I would not advise this. While the car is in warranty roadside assistance is your best bet. For after that, buy One of those small jumpers to keep in the car.
Depends on how dead/dead a battery is. You dont need the power to start just to pop the e-break.