Sponsored

Dashboard Rattle

stellarrock

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Had: 2018 Civic Type R
I took my car to the dealership for the passenger side rattle/crackling sound. After a week they said they can’t replicate the sound. Picked the car up and 1 minute into my drive it started. Turned around went back and had the service foreman sit in the car with me, took a drive around the block and he said yea I hear it so I took it back. After sitting there for another 5 days they said they couldn’t duplicate the sound. So frustrating. Had no choice but to bring it home and it’s still there!
That dealer doesn’t want to help you. If you can, try a different dealer that’s willing to help. If the service person acknowledged experiencing the problem, they should’ve implemented fixes and not tried to duplicate the problem again before doing anything.
Sponsored

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
I am dealing with a small rattle noise coming from the driver side front seat belt adjuster…. Part of me wants to ignore the sound due to the fact that my S2000 makes a bunch of noise. (Mounts, spherical bushings, ect) but the fact that the car is brand new , I feel like I should take it to the dealer . Only problem is , I purchased the vehicle at a further dealer due to no mark up and I know if I go to a local dealer and if they decide to say they can’t duplicate it , they might just suggest me to go back to the original selling dealer…
Dang well I think it’s karma due to that’s how they have us give priority to customers in service that purchased their car from our dealer. I want the noise gone but I don’t want to be left with fixing it myself when I payed for. Brand new car 😡

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
came across this thread searching for interior rattles. At work I’m working on a 2023 integra with a rattle coming from the dash area. Happens between 3500-4K rpm’s. We tracked it down to the heater core lines rattling against the heater box under the dash. After tearing the dash out i found a broken stud on the heater box that mounts to the fire wall. My guess is the broken plastic was vibrating against the fire wall. We found the rattle by reving the car to 3500 and moving the coolant lines from the heater core. When you shifted the lines the noise went away.

DF882488-8CC6-4676-B229-9D4BB351ED1D.jpeg

6E8BF231-20AE-4159-954C-7EB956E4684D.jpeg

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I am dealing with a small rattle noise coming from the driver side front seat belt adjuster…. Part of me wants to ignore the sound due to the fact that my S2000 makes a bunch of noise. (Mounts, spherical bushings, ect) but the fact that the car is brand new , I feel like I should take it to the dealer . Only problem is , I purchased the vehicle at a further dealer due to no mark up and I know if I go to a local dealer and if they decide to say they can’t duplicate it , they might just suggest me to go back to the original selling dealer…
Dang well I think it’s karma due to that’s how they have us give priority to customers in service that purchased their car from our dealer. I want the noise gone but I don’t want to be left with fixing it myself when I payed for. Brand new car 😡
When it comes to dealers, yes, they are more willing to deal with you if you bought from them. However, they are still representatives from the brand and will deal with that aspect objectively. If you have followed my issues at all, i am dealing with a dealer that i did not buy from who have made clear they would have more leeway if i had. Since I did not, they defer everything to acura.

BackPack

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Porsche 911 Carrera S, MINI Cooper SE
When it comes to dealers, yes, they are more willing to deal with you if you bought from them. However, they are still representatives from the brand and will deal with that aspect objectively. If you have followed my issues at all, i am dealing with a dealer that i did not buy from who have made clear they would have more leeway if i had. Since I did not, they defer everything to acura.
I have never experienced this in any car brand. Service and sales are separate entities at a dealership. Zero times has a service person asked me where I bought the car or mentioned that I didn’t buy the car from them. I’ve moved around the country multiple times in the past 20 years so it would be impossible for me to return to the selling dealer for service on my vehicles.

If I ever did receive a response like this, I’d never frequent that dealer for sales or service.

Sponsored

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I have never experienced this in any car brand. Service and sales are separate entities at a dealership. Zero times has a service person asked me where I bought the car or mentioned that I didn’t buy the car from them. I’ve moved around the country multiple times in the past 20 years so it would be impossible for me to return to the selling dealer for service on my vehicles.

If I ever did receive a response like this, I’d never frequent that dealer for sales or service.
Interesting.

It was the dealership GM that implied this, not service, but good to know not all dealerships suck.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
came across this thread searching for interior rattles. At work I’m working on a 2023 integra with a rattle coming from the dash area. Happens between 3500-4K rpm’s. We tracked it down to the heater core lines rattling against the heater box under the dash. After tearing the dash out i found a broken stud on the heater box that mounts to the fire wall. My guess is the broken plastic was vibrating against the fire wall. We found the rattle by reving the car to 3500 and moving the coolant lines from the heater core. When you shifted the lines the noise went away.

DF882488-8CC6-4676-B229-9D4BB351ED1D.jpeg

6E8BF231-20AE-4159-954C-7EB956E4684D.jpeg
what ultimately did the dealer wind up doing for you to correct the noise? I am experiencing the same and would prefer to steer them right to the issue at hand

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
what ultimately did the dealer wind up doing for you to correct the noise? I am experiencing the same and would prefer to steer them right to the issue at hand
Well i was the tech working on the car… so i ended up replacing the heater core, and the heater core stay which is a small plastic clip that holds the heater core lines to the box. The lines were vibrating against the box. You can see if this is your noise by reving the car till it makes the noise then hold it there and have someone else shake the lines inside the engine bay on the fire wall.

number 9 in the picture i added is the heater core stay. The top clip was broken off.

FD6E3744-9C03-4556-B323-B3B1B94B1E32.jpeg

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Well i was the tech working on the car… so i ended up replacing the heater core, and the heater core stay which is a small plastic clip that holds the heater core lines to the box. The lines were vibrating against the box. You can see if this is your noise by reving the car till it makes the noise then hold it there and have someone else shake the lines inside the engine bay on the fire wall.
Thanks mate 🤙

SharpAndy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6spd
I too have had a dash rattle. It's been a persistent squeak emanating from the drivers' side dash, and I think I actually found it! The bezel that surrounds the HUD clips in to the dash and I noticed that one corner or that bezel wasn't seated fully. from what I can see by prying up on that corner, is the little clip doesn't quite catch the edge of the dash, so it's only half clipped on, causing a squeak. I bent the side of that little clip out so it would catch a little better, and it seems to have helped for now. But now, I can hear the dreaded hatch rattle...

Last edited:

Sponsored

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I too have had a dash rattle. It's been a persistent squeak emanating from the drivers' side dash, and I think I actually found it! The bezel that surrounds the HUD clips in to the dash and I noticed that one corner or that bezel wasn't seated fully. from what I can see by prying up on that corner, is the little clip doesn't quite catch the edge of the dash, so it's only half clipped on, causing a squeak. I bent the side of that little clip out so it would catch a little better, and it seems to have helped for now. But now, I can hear the dreaded hatch rattle...
I feel like there will be a service bulletin for the hatch rattle soon. Way too common.

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
I wonder if this is the same as the TSB 21-063 ?

Does this creak for everyone when you push on it a little?
It'll also creak when the sun is directly on it (parked). And pretty obviously when I hit bumps in the road.

The dash trim also creaks when you press it (around the climate controls) with your fingers but I don't think it moves much during driving. Tho I don't know if this is normal... the tech did replace my scratched start/stop button last week.

nicodimas

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec Tech CVT, White/Red
I also have been hearing rattling coming from what I think is from the passenger dashboard. Can usually hear it clearly when the car is warming up then it comes and goes while I’m driving. First I thought it’s the stuff in the glovebox so I emptied it and it’s still there. When the car is off and I tap on the passenger dash, I do hear a faint rattle. Wonder if it’s same thing but it doesn’t sound to me that it’s coming from underneath infotainment. Seems very similar to what some have been experiencing in their 11th gen Civic Touring. Very annoying.

https://www.civic11forum.com/threads/2022-sport-touring-dashboard-rattle.2104/page-2
I also had a similar rattle on the passenger side... could've sworn it was coming from the glovebox. I'd originally had a dash cam with that cable buried behind that passenger leg panel. I thought that was the problem, so I hardwired the camera through the rearview mirror with a dongle after reading about it in another post on here... But that didn't fix the rattle. So then after an hour in the garage listening to music turned all the way up, I finally reproduced it consistently enough to locate it - in the passenger door. This isn't my photo, I just grabbed it off the internet, but I put a star where I found it. It was the retention clip for the metal covering over the speaker that wasn't completely seated. Pushed it back in, pop, put the door panel back on and bam, no more rattle.

used-2023-acura-integra-courtesyvehicle-763-21675150-27-1024.jpg

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I wonder if this is the same as the TSB 21-063 ?

Does this creak for everyone when you push on it a little?
It'll also creak when the sun is directly on it (parked). And pretty obviously when I hit bumps in the road.

The dash trim also creaks when you press it (around the climate controls) with your fingers but I don't think it moves much during driving. Tho I don't know if this is normal... the tech did replace my scratched start/stop button last week.
Yes that will creek when you push on it in most cases. For Acura to do the service bulletin under warranty it would have to rattle while driving. All the bulletin is, is applying felt tape at the bottom corners of the display unit. The civics have the same issue.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I have a rattle coming from my left air vent. Super annoying.
Those air vents are very easy to get out. The trim pieces they are set into just pop right out with some clips, and the vents are clipped into the trim. The driver's side is just the tiny plastic surround, while the passenger's side goes from the far right hand vent all the way to the start stop button. Both sides come out quite easily.
Sponsored