Sponsored

Paint, fit and finish.....an issue?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
You mean the front Acura emblem? I did not know there’s an option to have it illuminated. Otherwise it appears very dark for the front and back
CEC1E1EE-19D2-4CFA-8210-81E25839FF2D.jpeg
That pic is the back emblem--the front does appear to be the illuminated emblem (all the dealerships are supposed to install it on their demo car), but it'll only light when the car is running. Instead of a true black background, it's more of a texturized dark gray. You can have it with the black Acura logo or keep the silver (I believe).
Sponsored

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
That pic is the back emblem--the front does appear to be the illuminated emblem (all the dealerships are supposed to install it on their demo car), but it'll only light when the car is running. Instead of a true black background, it's more of a texturized dark gray. You can have it with the black Acura logo or keep the silver (I believe).
4A397330-28D8-4216-B0B6-81189A07C43B.png

Sorry forgot to attach front emblem. This one has a reflection. The salesman said it doesn’t illuminate the way the TLX type S does. It appears there’s some led lights along the edges. The black emblems and type S logos look nice but unless there’s good lighting or illumination it’s hard to make out the Acura logo

OP
OP

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
Any pics of ppf on the front bumper where the INTEGRA is embossed? It doesn't appear to have any ppf on the lower portion of front bumper or on the hood. Can you confirm?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
4A397330-28D8-4216-B0B6-81189A07C43B.png

Sorry forgot to attach front emblem. This one has a reflection. The salesman said it doesn’t illuminate the way the TLX type S does. It appears there’s some led lights along the edges. The black emblems and type S logos look nice but unless there’s good lighting or illumination it’s hard to make out the Acura logo
Yep that’s the illuminated emblem—it has a line of LEDs around the logo and perimeter, you can see the dots in yOur photo. Those are the LEDs.

OP
OP

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here are pics of the demo I saw at local dealer. Notice the color differences.

The lighting on the show room tends to minimize the visual difference, the same with intense direct sunlight. These pics were taken on a cloudy overcast day. Ironically standing stationary next to the car tends to mask the difference, but on a walk-around or if the car drives by and viewing angle changes the paint mismatch is apparent.

20230621_081635.jpg

20230621_081623.jpg

Sponsored

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 06 si, Infiniti G37, Acura Integra Type S 24
The illumination badge looks black to me

The badge is lit up in this picture. You can see the dots.

20230622_200831.jpg

20230622_195030.jpg

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
this is FL5. same fitment issue.
these quarter panel alignment isnt just an ITS problem. People just love to take issues with tiniest things with ITS cuz its made in USA maybe.

1687524897142.png

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
these quarter panel alignment isnt just an ITS problem. People just love to take issues with tiniest things with ITS cuz its made in USA maybe.

1687524897142.png
🤫 Don't tell the FL5 guys this.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX

1687524897142.png
I don’t follow Honda so much. I’ve owned a 2000 Integra LS, 2004 MDX, 2006 TL and haven’t had any fitment or finish issues in any of these cars. Maybe I was just lucky? Anyhow, when we’re dropping big money in these cars we would all want the best

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
🤫 Don't tell the FL5 guys this.
CTR guys have been going on ITS groups just to tell them why they're not buying the ITS. Uhm, ok 🤣

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The pic of the CTR bumper, fender and hood fitment while imperfect, reflects the way the car was designed...yes maybe a slight defect, but as stated this design approach is now the norm.

But also notice how well the paint matches on all the different surfaces including the plastic bumper. This is my concern with the ITS, bcause this is not a random incident of an assembly defect but the Marysville standard paint practices and lack of attention. It is not limited to the Integra, but bc of the configuration of the design of the 3 parts and how they come together in very prominent and visable locations it makes the poor paint match issue that much more evident.

In virtually every demo car (white) pic I've seen, the paint match issue is visible to some degree or another.....worse in walk-arounds.

The Marysville paint match issue has been known and will continue, so depending on your color choice it maybe moot....or some buyers may be indifferent. Simply a fact of life and the nature of the Acura US manufacturing output.

itsovr9k

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, CTR
Part of the problem, at least with respect to the Integra, is that build quality is the same as the base model (which may be average for the segment), but now the car costs 60% more.

I think exterior build quality has been a problem for Honda for some time. Even my S2000 has issues with the rear bumper fitment, which is quite common. 8th gen Civics consistently had paint defects and clear coat failure, mid-2000s (3G TL) Acura products had color matching issues on White cars.
My FK8 had numerous paint quality issues, including unlevel clear coat on the fender flare, and a fingerprint in paint on the hatch area (and multiple other issues pointed out by my PPF installer).

I don't think Honda puts a priority on paint quality and panel fitment as much as some other Japanese makes (Subaru for example), or certainly German makes.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Part of the problem, at least with respect to the Integra, is that build quality is the same as the base model (which may be average for the segment), but now the car costs 60% more.
**~40% more

Teggy24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS300
I know some have said the paint match issue is less severe on certain colors, but it does look to be present on every color I’ve seen (with the exception of maybe black). Even the LCM posted in another thread seems to have paint match issues with the front bumper, which is definitely disappointing at this price point.
1687970135998.jpeg
Sponsored