Sponsored

ITS road noise vs. ‘23 integra

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra Aspec, '24 Integra Type S
I’ve read that the ITS is a little quieter than the CTR, but does anyone know how it compares to the ‘23 model?
Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I think TheFastLane did a NVH comparison between the DE5 and FL5, but they couldn't do a controlled comparison; they had one in cold weather and the other in warm, and I believe their tests were done in different states. If I'm not mistaken, they found a difference of ~2dB between the two. Take that for what it's worth.

I went from a '23 A-Spec + Tech to the ITS and found the ITS was louder overall, but it wasn't necessarily attributable to road noise. The 2.0T engine is somewhat louder than the 1.5T, and the exhaust is much louder. The actual road noise was similar between the two, the DE5 just has more sound(s) overall.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I'm sure there is no more and likely no less noise deadening in the its vs aspec. It all comes down to simplifying manufacturing procedures. The more steps that are the same; the less you cost.

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
Those Michelin PS4S tires are loud as fuck though, but they get a pass from me for being pretty grippy for a daily

savagegeese did a direct NVH comparison between fl5 and de5; de5 is ~5db quieter

Savagegeese comparison video
14:08 mark

Last edited:

meki22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Forester, LCM Integra Type-S
I had a loaner A-Spec for a week when I dropped off my ITS for accessories. The A-spec had a bit more wind and traffic noise seeping into the cabin but it also made me realize how ridiculously loud the Michelin PS4S are on the ITS. It's a weird trade-off as the ITS still feels a bit too loud because of this. I might consider different tires in the future.

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
It's quiet enough. Really, that's all that needs be said. It's a sports car on wide summer tires with a compound engineered for grip. You can have a conversation and take phone calls in it no problem. I'll go ahead and be that guy who says if you want it quieter you should look at Lexus, or Lincoln, or Buick.

If you think this is loud go drive a 911.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I had a loaner A-Spec for a week when I dropped off my ITS for accessories. The A-spec had a bit more wind and traffic noise seeping into the cabin but it also made me realize how ridiculously loud the Michelin PS4S are on the ITS. It's a weird trade-off as the ITS still feels a bit too loud because of this. I might consider different tires in the future.
admittedly when I first purchased the car the PS4S seemed loud but every time I push the car through corners I’m instantly reminded of how fun it is. Although by this point I’ve gotten used to the sound and don’t mind. Once I throw winter tires on I’ll gauge the difference

OP
OP
KiloFTW

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra Aspec, '24 Integra Type S
I don't have a problem with the noise level in the a-spec. I'm just compiling a list of non-hp related perks from an upgrade. I'll add "slightly quieter maybe" to the list.

Chinosabi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra (6MT)
I think TheFastLane did a NVH comparison between the DE5 and FL5, but they couldn't do a controlled comparison; they had one in cold weather and the other in warm, and I believe their tests were done in different states. If I'm not mistaken, they found a difference of ~2dB between the two. Take that for what it's worth.

I went from a '23 A-Spec + Tech to the ITS and found the ITS was louder overall, but it wasn't necessarily attributable to road noise. The 2.0T engine is somewhat louder than the 1.5T, and the exhaust is much louder. The actual road noise was similar between the two, the DE5 just has more sound(s) overall.
I've been going back and fourth between upgrading my A-spec manual to the ITS for months now and even recently threw the 2024 Corolla GR into the picture. How has your experience been moving up to the ITS? My last option is throwing a louder exhaust and a small tune on the ITS to give it just a bit more bite. I don't have passengers in the car nearly enough to care too much about the lack of rear vents and no power controls for passenger seat adjustment.

Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I don't have a problem with the noise level in the a-spec. I'm just compiling a list of non-hp related perks from an upgrade. I'll add "slightly quieter maybe" to the list.
Well "slightly quieter" would be a perk of the ITS over CTR, but your A-Spec is much quieter than the ITS because of the ITS' larger engine, aggressive exhaust, and Pilot 4S tires. The Conti's aren't quiet, but the 4S' are pretty loud, as others have mentioned.

How has your experience been moving up to the ITS? My last option is throwing a louder exhaust and a small tune on the ITS to give it just a bit more bite.
I may not be the best person to ask--I went from A-Spec + Tech to ITS on 6/19, and then ITS to CTR on 8/11. I can confidently say they're each good in their own way, and the A-Spec + Tech with 6MT delivers plenty of fun for the majority of driving purposes. I found the ITS exterior styling much more appealing over the A-Spec + Tech, and the ITS clearly has more power when you get the chance to drive spiritedly, but (for me at least) the two didn't feel vastly different. I'm not the only one who has moved from A-Spec + Tech to ITS, there are others who can weigh in-- @Integra23 or @bpebler , perhaps?

Kirk Kriefels owns an A-Spec + Tech with 6MT and he debated upgrading to the ITS in one of his reviews pretty logically. From what I can recall, he ultimately concluded the upgrade from A-Spec + Tech didn't make much sense because the power of the A-Spec + Tech is more than sufficient for his daily driving needs, and he doesn't live near many places that offer fun driving experiences.

Happy to offer any other insights you'd like!

Chinosabi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra (6MT)
Well "slightly quieter" would be a perk of the ITS over CTR, but your A-Spec is much quieter than the ITS because of the ITS' larger engine, aggressive exhaust, and Pilot 4S tires. The Conti's aren't quiet, but the 4S' are pretty loud, as others have mentioned.

I may not be the best person to ask--I went from A-Spec + Tech to ITS on 6/19, and then ITS to CTR on 8/11. I can confidently say they're each good in their own way, and the A-Spec + Tech with 6MT delivers plenty of fun for the majority of driving purposes. I found the ITS exterior styling much more appealing over the A-Spec + Tech, and the ITS clearly has more power when you get the chance to drive spiritedly, but (for me at least) the two didn't feel vastly different. I'm not the only one who has moved from A-Spec + Tech to ITS, there are others who can weigh in-- @Integra23 or @bpebler , perhaps?

Kirk Kriefels owns an A-Spec + Tech with 6MT and he debated upgrading to the ITS in one of his reviews pretty logically. From what I can recall, he ultimately concluded the upgrade from A-Spec + Tech didn't make much sense because the power of the A-Spec + Tech is more than sufficient for his daily driving needs, and he doesn't live near many places that offer fun driving experiences.

Happy to offer any other insights you'd like!
Oh, you really got to try out all the variations of this platform - very nice and I hope you're happy landing on the CTR as your latest pick. Yeah, the looks of the ITS is really the primary factor pulling me in and I'm sure the added power is nice but likely not a day and night difference. I'm sure it would make a bigger difference on track but I'm only using the integra for street and autocross at most.

I appreciate the insight and I think the best thing to do is try to test drive the ITS to see for myself.

Cheers!

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I appreciate the insight and I think the best thing to do is try to test drive the ITS to see for myself.
Happy to help! I hope you get a chance to take a fair test drive of the ITS where you can push it a little--my dealership's test drive route had a top speed of 35mph, and it wasn't enough to "feel" much of a difference since the 1.5T is peppy throughout town, but it's easy to hear a difference even at low speed.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Oh, you really got to try out all the variations of this platform - very nice and I hope you're happy landing on the CTR as your latest pick. Yeah, the looks of the ITS is really the primary factor pulling me in and I'm sure the added power is nice but likely not a day and night difference. I'm sure it would make a bigger difference on track but I'm only using the integra for street and autocross at most.

Cheers!
It is most certainly a night and day difference.

Sponsored

Last edited: