Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
My back-up coolant reservoir just shipped. I'll just keep it on hand in case I need it. took several weeks for it to ship.
Sponsored

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Somehow I’m 10k miles in and my coolant reservoir is fine (somehow). I ordered a Schmuck Built one because they look awesome and I feel like I’m on borrowed time either.

Anyways, my car matches my motorcycle now 🥲

IMG_6004.jpeg

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
I just realized I forgot to post this last week, but Milltek used my car to test fit their exhaust!

IMG_5989.jpeg

IMG_5985.jpeg

IMG_5988.jpeg

IMG_5990.jpeg

IMG_5992.jpeg

IMG_5991.jpeg

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
i was just thinking today that what my PWP car needs is some blue exhaust tips to add a little pop. not sure i want to go with a whole new exhaust (i find most turbo'd cars don't benefit much in tone but just get louder and not always better... hopefully milltek is a nice sound though!)... but blued tips would be a nice touch!

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
i was just thinking today that what my PWP car needs is some blue exhaust tips to add a little pop. not sure i want to go with a whole new exhaust (i find most turbo'd cars don't benefit much in tone but just get louder and not always better... hopefully milltek is a nice sound though!)... but blued tips would be a nice touch!
Yes! The burnt tips on your PWP would look amazing!

I get where you’re coming from about the exhaust. IMO the Milltek sounds great, super happy with it. I’ll share the videos when they are released

Sponsored

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Yes! The burnt tips on your PWP would look amazing!

I get where you’re coming from about the exhaust. IMO the Milltek sounds great, super happy with it. I’ll share the videos when they are released
when will that be??? :)

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I've been a long time BMW fan and considered the G80 M3, as well as the G87 M2. I threw out the M2 because a hard requirement for me is to fit my giant beast of a dog in it, so for me have to stick with 4 doors. I also need a manual, so it's just the base M3 as an option which keeps the cost down but sacrifices other elements. For me the ITS is a no-brainer.

For one, I can't get over how the G80 looks. It's grown on me to the point where I don't actively hate looking at it (in certain colors like... black). But it's still a face only a mother could love. I'm not excited by the way it looks. The ITS is the opposite; to me it was love at first sight with the ITS. The only sedan that I think could rival it aesthetically is ironically the F80 M3. Which is still more expensive than the ITS!!! And owning any BMW out of warranty is an act of self mutilation.

Two, the BMW shifter feel is like... an "acquired taste" at this point. They just refuse to improve upon it, and I've never truly enjoyed it. Honda/Acura is leagues better. Same goes for steering... so the inputs go to the Acura. Overall chassis is a draw if not slight edge to the bimmer, power definitely goes to the BMW. So better inputs results in overall driving dynamics for some people (myself included) as an outright win for the Acura. Which as some have mentioned, is pretty crazy and makes the Acura an incredible value proposition.

Better looks, better driving dynamics, at 2/3 the cost or less? Duh.

The CS as mentioned is WAAAAAAY too expensive, and too numb and I'll just say it- boring. If I thought the F82 M4 I had was unexciting under 90% of normal driving conditions on the street then I don't imagine the G80 M3 CS would be substantially better, and no way do I think paying ~$120k for a friggin M3 is anywhere near worth it. They've jumped the shark completely with that car IMHO, and it just reflects how bloated and bland the brand has gotten as a whole in recent years. I tried defending BMW for years after the "enthusiast community" started to turn on them even back when the F8x was released, and they gave us a last gift with the F87 M2 generation... but the stuff they're bringing to market now is uninspired, as much as I hate to say it...

Last edited:

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
I've been a long time BMW fan and considered the G80 M3, as well as the G87 M2. I threw out the M2 because a hard requirement for me is to fit my giant beast of a dog in it, so for me have to stick with 4 doors. I also need a manual, so it's just the base M3 as an option which keeps the cost down but sacrifices other elements. For me the ITS is a no-brainer.

For one, I can't get over how the G80 looks. It's grown on me to the point where I don't actively hate looking at it (in certain colors like... black). But it's still a face only a mother could love. I'm not excited by the way it looks. The ITS is the opposite; to me it was love at first sight with the ITS. The only sedan that I think could rival it aesthetically is ironically the F80 M3. Which is still more expensive than the ITS!!! And owning any BMW out of warranty is an act of self mutilation.

Two, the BMW shifter feel is like... an "acquired taste" at this point. They just refuse to improve upon it, and I've never truly enjoyed it. Honda/Acura is leagues better. Same goes for steering... so the inputs go to the Acura. Overall chassis is a draw if not slight edge to the bimmer, power definitely goes to the BMW. So better inputs results in overall driving dynamics for some people (myself included) as an outright win for the Acura. Which as some have mentioned, is pretty crazy and makes the Acura an incredible value proposition.

Better looks, better driving dynamics, at 2/3 the cost or less? Duh.

The CS as mentioned is WAAAAAAY too expensive, and too numb and I'll just say it- boring. If I thought the F82 M4 I had was unexciting under 90% of normal driving conditions on the street then I don't imagine the G80 M3 CS would be substantially better, and no way do I think paying ~$120k for a friggin M3 is anywhere near worth it. They've jumped the shark completely with that car IMHO, and it just reflects how bloated and bland the brand has gotten as a whole in recent years. I tried defending BMW for years after the "enthusiast community" started to turn on them even back when the F8x was released, and they gave us a last gift with the F87 M2 generation... but the stuff they're bringing to market now is uninspired, as much as I hate to say it...
Agree 100% with your analysis on the G80 M3 with one exception, the looks. I think it is true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, because I really love how different and aggressive the front looks. The minute you see it you know it is an M3. Plus the M3 is my daily work car so I want it to be automatic since I drive in the city all day long, so the Competition is the way to go.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Agree 100% with your analysis on the G80 M3 with one exception, the looks. I think it is true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, because I really love how different and aggressive the front looks. The minute you see it you know it is an M3. Plus the M3 is my daily work car so I want it to be automatic since I drive in the city all day long, so the Competition is the way to go.
I get it, it does definitely distinguish itself from the standard 3 series, which is essential for an M car. I just personally have never liked the way it looks- although I do want to walk back the vitriol a bit. It really has grown on me to a point where it's a car I wouldn't mind driving... but the Acura genuinely caught my eye the first time I laid eyes on it on Joe Raiti's YouTube video at Long Beach. I truly love the way this car looks, and I can't say the same about the BMW.

You're doing it right. The M3 Competition is a genuinely perfect daily driver, especially when paired with an ITS... although admittedly I would consider getting something a bit more focused if I had an M3 as a daily- I wouldn't have the 4 door requirement. Maybe a Supra? 981? Not sure... but the ITS fits the bill as a fun car under any circumstances.

Sponsored

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
I get it, it does definitely distinguish itself from the standard 3 series, which is essential for an M car. I just personally have never liked the way it looks- although I do want to walk back the vitriol a bit. It really has grown on me to a point where it's a car I wouldn't mind driving... but the Acura genuinely caught my eye the first time I laid eyes on it on Joe Raiti's YouTube video at Long Beach. I truly love the way this car looks, and I can't say the same about the BMW.

You're doing it right. The M3 Competition is a genuinely perfect daily driver, especially when paired with an ITS... although admittedly I would consider getting something a bit more focused if I had an M3 as a daily- I wouldn't have the 4 door requirement. Maybe a Supra? 981? Not sure... but the ITS fits the bill as a fun car under any circumstances.
If you wanted to get real focused, throw out any door requirement and get a sport bike. Honda and BMW make those too!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you wanted to get real focused, throw out any door requirement and get a sport bike. Honda and BMW make those too!
I tried that, not for me. I'm literally scared lol.

(Not mine, but exactly what I had back in a previous life)

1703810174818.png

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

A Supra or 981 would also be great options but not as rare (have only seen one or two ITS since July). But I bought the ITS first and then started to having issues with my previous daily car so decided to replace it.

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had a minor accident on a motorcycle when I was a child and never have the courage to be on one again. Plus my wife would never let me drive or ride in one.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A Supra or 981 would also be great options but not as rare (have only seen one or two ITS since July). But I bought the ITS first and then started to having issues with my previous daily car so decided to replace it.
Makes sense. I do miss having a convertible- which also is a pretty good compromise between a sports car and a sport bike... especially when it comes with a vicious sounding flat 6 paired with the best sounding factory exhaust I've heard this side of a Ferrari or LFA. The 981 Boxster GTS I had fit that bill... sadly it's another car on the list of cars I should never have let go.

Those cars exactly-

1968 Chevelle
1992 240SX with SR20DET and silvia front end (i.e., "Sileighty" conversion)
2015 Porsche Boxster GTS manual
2017 Porsche 911 Carrera S manual
This ITS if I'm ever dumb enough to let it go.
Sponsored