Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Sooo.. it does add an option to disable the folding mirrors in the door/window setup. This is a plus for those of us in salt territory.

20240123_02.jpg
Sponsored

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
I just checked my Type-S driver's side switch for the chip, unfortunately, it's not there.
IMG_20240123_151256681.jpg

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I just checked my Type-S driver's side switch for the chip, unfortunately, it's not there.
IMG_20240123_151256681.jpg
I never checked mine but thought it wouldn't have it since the menu option wasn't there prior.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Sponsored

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did he get the Kit C from MIK or custom install? I don't know if the custom install will have this feature. I used kit C.
He used what is looks very similar, if not the same as, the Model D kit. I'm thinking you need the driver's side switch assembly w/ the chip for it to show up in the menu like yours. Speaking of which, you don't happen to have the Honda part # for the driver's side switch assembly they included w/ the C kit do you?

I was thinking the Model D kit w/ that switch assembly is really all this is needed for the Type-S, but the combined price might be as much or more than the C kit. Though, there would be a little less work than there would be doing a tear down on the c kit mirrors to maintain the original appearance.

BTW, did your original mirrors have the 14 pin connector?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
He used what is looks very similar, if not the same as, the Model D kit. I'm thinking you need the driver's side switch assembly w/ the chip for it to show up in the menu like yours. Speaking of which, you don't happen to have the Honda part # for the driver's side switch assembly they included w/ the C kit do you?

I was thinking the Model D kit w/ that switch assembly is really all this is needed for the Type-S, but the combined price might be as much or more than the C kit. Though, there would be a little less work than there would be doing a tear down on the c kit mirrors to maintain the original appearance.

I don't have the part number.
Yes same connector as OEM mirror it just contains a few more wires.

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Does Model "C" come with illuminated folding mirror buttons? I was reading stanleywinthrop thread and it looks like his Model doesn't come with it. I assume Model "C" comes illuminated comparing the buttons. Just wanted to confirm

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
@Integra23 since you had your mirrors apart, I was wondering if you knew, or had a picture that may help determine, whether this motor matches the power folding mirror motors attached to the mikstore model C mirrors.

AliExpress - Car Power folding side view mirror standard Modules original For Honda Jazz Fit MK4 Civic 1.5L 2.0L MK10 vehicle accessories
That looks similar to the motor that was pre-mounted . Strange how it's not showing the motor power connections.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A spec tech package 6 MT

i can confirm, the A spec tech does not have the needed chip in the driver's switch assembly. (or at least mine doesn't). A fact i was unaware of when I started my little journey. This necessitated sourcing the correct window switch assembly, which in turn pushed up my costs to the point that if i had to do it over, I would just get a C kit from mikstore. I hardly saved any money and spent multiple hours that would have been unnecessary if i had gotten the C kit from the start.

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
i can confirm, the A spec tech does not have the needed chip in the driver's switch assembly. (or at least mine doesn't). A fact i was unaware of when I started my little journey. This necessitated sourcing the correct window switch assembly, which in turn pushed up my costs to the point that if i had to do it over, I would just get a C kit from mikstore. I hardly saved any money and spent multiple hours that would have been unnecessary if i had gotten the C kit from the start.
Good to know, that answers one of my questions I posted on your DIY posting, but not the question regarding the different mirror switch. Can you confirm the part # of that switch?

https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/diy-power-folding-mirrors-a-journey.51260/post-848826

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S, 2023 Acura MDX Aspec
Sooo.. it does add an option to disable the folding mirrors in the door/window setup. This is a plus for those of us in salt territory.

20240123_02.jpg
The Mikstore kit I installed on my Type S does not add this option on my menu.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!