Sponsored

Ios 18 - Integra

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
I am a old fart what are we looking at here?
I guess he’s just letting us know Apple’s IOS 18 will work in the Integra. IOS 18. Is still in beta, so I guess he’s testing it for us.

OP
OP
ShawnNizzle

ShawnNizzle

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Elite
I am a old fart what are we looking at here?
Lol. I was actually showing I finally found a phone mount that mount the way I wanted, I had to rivet it, so the stick pads won’t unstick on hot days

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I have the developer preview as well - good stuff. I'm curious if this is just me or it's an actual bug - have you noticed that music in CarPlay no longer automatically plays when you get in the car? I use Apple Music.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I have the developer as well - good stuff. I'm curious if this is just me or it's an actual bug - have you noticed that music in CarPlay no longer automatically plays when you get in the car? I use Apple Music.
That's a setting in AA. I would assume it's the same for carplay.
Real news would be the ability to add third party apps. I'd love to see the Hondata app added.

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
That's a setting in AA. I would assume it's the same for carplay.
Real news would be the ability to add third party apps. I'd love to see the Hondata app added.
Apple doesn't have a setting for this. I checked to see if they maybe added it in iOS 18 but haven't found anything. If you were previously listening to music with CarPlay as the audio source, it always just resumed playing when you got back into the car. I never noticed this issue until I upgraded and now have to hit play every time I get back in the car.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Did you read the article or just the headline?

carplay.jpg

I most certainly did not unknowingly create a shortcut that prevents my music from auto-playing.
Had instructions for apple and android. I wasn't sure if something new was implemented.
Android instructions were spot on. So I figured you could alter the apple instructions to turn the Autoplay feature back on.
Maybe a shortcut to turn it back on would work?

Sponsored

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Had instructions for apple and android. I wasn't sure if something new was implemented.
Android instructions were spot on. So I figured you could alter the apple instructions to turn the Autoplay feature back on.
Maybe a shortcut to turn it back on would work?
Yeah I get what you're saying - I had the thought that maybe they implemented something new as well but I haven't been able to find anything. I'll just log it as a bug in their feedback app and hopefully they'll fix it - they're usually good about fixing these before the production release is out.

In theory I think you're onto something with doing the workaround to automatically play music. However, I have a feeling this method could get annoying and automatically start playing via CarPlay even when you're listening to the radio (which would bring us back to square one of potentially having to press a button to get to your intended music source every time you connect to CarPlay). It also seems like a step backward and very unlike Apple to have to create a shortcut just to bring back basic functionality that previously worked seamlessly.

OP
OP
ShawnNizzle

ShawnNizzle

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Elite
I have the developer as well - good stuff. I'm curious if this is just me or it's an actual bug - have you noticed that music in CarPlay no longer automatically plays when you get in the car? I use Apple Music.
It’s not your phone its Acura head unit garbage software. Has anyone noticed whenever you play music? There is a four second delay between tunes, or sometimes playing music or radio the audio only comes out one speaker, the rest blank. So many times I’ve make videos and bring them back to Acura.

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
It’s not your phone its Acura head unit garbage software. Has anyone noticed whenever you play music? There is a four second delay between tunes, or sometimes playing music or radio the audio only comes out one speaker, the rest blank. So many times I’ve make videos and bring them back to Acura.
I've noticed the delay especially when you skip songs. I don't think it's necessarily Acura's software so much as wireless CarPlay. Same thing happens in my wife's RAV4 when I'm connected wirelessly. With wired CarPlay in the same car, the response is instant.
I've never experienced the single-speaker output issue - that sounds like it might be something specifically with your car.

OP
OP
ShawnNizzle

ShawnNizzle

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Elite
I've noticed the delay especially when you skip songs. I don't think it's necessarily Acura's software so much as wireless CarPlay. Same thing happens in my wife's RAV4 when I'm connected wirelessly. With wired CarPlay in the same car, the response is instant.
I've never experienced the single-speaker output issue - that sounds like it might be something specifically with your car.
My car is at Acura right now,
They are very aware of all these problems I am having, they’re going to reset my head unit, hopefully it will fix my problems, as for CarPlay I’ve never experience music lag with wireless CarPlay before, i’m going to inquire with Apple support and see what they tell me about this

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I have the same delay in my car with Apple CarPlay, for example when you switch tracks. You hit the "next" button, then 2-3 seconds later the track will change...
Sponsored