Sponsored

Ios 18 - Integra

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I have the same delay in my car with Apple CarPlay, for example when you switch tracks. You hit the "next" button, then 2-3 seconds later the track will change...
+1

I thought this was just because of wireless carplay because I don't have this issue in our other cars with wired carplay. Doesn't bother me though.

@ShawnNizzle any differences on carplay with ios18?
Sponsored

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
+1

I thought this was just because of wireless carplay because I don't have this issue in our other cars with wired carplay. Doesn't bother me though.

@ShawnNizzle any differences on carplay with ios18?
I only noticed some very subtle differences. When you get a text message, it now shows the contact's image next to it. Most of the other changes seemed accessibility related: sound recognition, color filters, voice control. I guess it can also pull up sports scores on the screen if you ask Siri, and now has an option to automatically enable silent mode when you connect to CarPlay.

Their biggest changes with CarPlay seem to be their instrument cluster API for their upcoming CarPlay dashboard. They added a bunch of customizability for auto manufacturers to create their own gauge clusters using Apple's design language as a base.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I have the developer as well - good stuff. I'm curious if this is just me or it's an actual bug - have you noticed that music in CarPlay no longer automatically plays when you get in the car? I use Apple Music.
i've been getting a similar issue- the music starts to play for a second then pauses. i've double checked that the "play music automatically" option is selected in the AA options. sometimes it resumes it within a second, but most of the time i have to manually resume it on my phone or the infotainment, which is pretty annoying.

and yes, the delay between tracks is a real issue with the wireless carplay.
Sponsored