CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Type S
AWE NEW PRODUCT RELEASE.jpg

High spooler. Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the Acura DE5 Integra Type S.

• Full 3” catbacks with frontpipe for the DE5 Integra Type S
  • Integrated 3” frontpipe includes a unique flange and gasket on the inlet to accommodate a true 3” inch diameter from inlet to outlet while successfully mating to the factory interface
  • Dyno-proven max gains of 4 hp and 6 lb-ft of torque at the wheels (stock downpipe)
  • Options include Touring and Track Edition configurations
  • Touring Editions feature patented drone-canceling 180 Technology®, developed with and without aftermarket catted DPs
  • Handcrafted from 3” CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
  • Straight-forward install: no motor mount removal and generous clearances
  • Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
  • Stamped stainless steel trident tip merge with triple 4.5" double-walled slash-cut tips available in diamond black or chrome silver
  • Proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured at AWE in the USA
  • Perfect fitment guaranteed
  • AWE No CEL Guarantee
  • Lifetime warranty
Front pipe:

The Touring and Track Edition Exhausts include a full 3” frontpipe that is designed with a unique flange and gasket to ensure the full diameter from inlet to outlet.

3015-52335_3.jpg

This frontpipe is integrated into the design of the exhausts, and will mate to aftermarket downpipes as well as the factory downpipe.

AWE exhausts are not designed to mate with other aftermarket frontpipes.

The Options:

Touring Edition Exhaust:

At the intersection of sophistication and aggression lies the Touring Edition Exhaust. A 3” T304L stainless steel downpipe-back configuration, the Touring Edition Exhaust is the perfect dose of steel for drivers looking for straight-pipe performance, a deep, sophisticated exhaust note, and zero drone at highway speeds.

3015-52335_1.jpg
3015-52335_10.jpg

Featuring an integrated front pipe, robust midpipe resonator, thick-walled T304L stainless steel, and an iteration of AWE’s 180 Technology® bespoke for the DE5 in the rear, the Touring Edition is the do-it-all configuration for everyday drivers.

3015-52335_13.jpg
3015-52335_12.jpg
3015-52335_14.jpg

Thanks to AWE’s patented drone-canceling 180 Technology®, the Touring Edition keeps all of the commotion to the rear of the vehicle where it belongs, and destroys drone-prone frequencies that would otherwise resonate within the cabin at highways speeds – all packaged perfectly to fit the Integra.

The Touring Edition, and the 180 Technology® within it, were both developed for use with and without an aftermarket catted downpipe.

3015-52335_7.jpg

Perfect tone, compliments of AWE 180 Technology.

As exhaust gasses exit the K20 engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. All of this with a straight-through design -- in other words, all the power, none of the drone.

Track Edition Exhaust:

For those who like it raw and rowdy, the Track Edition is for you. The Track Edition shares the same integrated front pipe, robust midpipe resonator, and precision engineering as its Touring Edition counterpart, minus AWE’s patented drone-canceling 180 Technology® resonator in the rear.

3020-52335_1.jpg

In place of the 180 Technology® resonator in the rear lies a Track Edition straight section. As a result, this version is known to get rowdy in mid range acceleration/deceleration and cruising, and may be too much for some. You’ve been warned–especially with a downpipe.

3020-52335_9.jpg

Nope, they’re not valved:
During R&D, AWE conducted a (quite painstaking) full evaluation of the factory valve and its behavior under various driving conditions to determine its reason for existing.

We didn't find any noticeable change in volume between modes during R&D that demanded a valve to be included. It's only closed when in comfort mode, of which still opens upon a throttle threshold. Sport and Sport+ mode renders the valve in the open positions, and Sport+ introduces burbles from the ECU. On the stock configuration, the exhaust is routed through the side mufflers when the valve is closed to mitigate interior volume (i.e. any drone-prone frequencies), and then when it’s open, it’s sent through the center.

The benefit of our configurations–the Touring Edition in particular–renders a full, straight-through exhaust path that is sent through our 180 Tech resonator, killing drone while providing max output, regardless of the driving mode, at all times, without sounding like a vacuum. It’s the best of both worlds. Thanks to the design of our 180 Tech resonators, it’s not difficult to creep through a neighborhood without causing a ruckus. Low throttle with our Touring Edition is very civil, minus any gimmicks, just with a deeper note.

Conversion kits:
We made it easy to convert between Track and Touring Editions if you decide at a later date to change your interior volume.

3815-11335_1.jpg
3820-11335_1.jpg

Tip Options:
Each exhaust comes complete with three 4.5” double-walled, slash-cut tips available in chrome silver or diamond black, and feature a stamped AWE logo. All tips are individually adjustable, allowing depth into the bumper to be set according to personal taste.

3020-52335_1415.jpg
3015-53335_15.jpg

What’s in the box?
Complete AWE Touring or Track Edition Catback Exhaust, gasket, dust cover for factory valve plug, three 4.5” slash-cut double-walled tips in chosen finish, and all necessary hardware for installation.

3015-52335_5.jpg
3020-52335_4.jpg

Made in PA, USA:
Engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house at AWE using US-sourced .065”-wall T304L stainless steel to achieve a tone deeper than everyone else.

The fine print:
AWE’s Perfect Fitment Guarantee, No CEL Guarantee, and Lifetime Warranty all come standard. Track Editions can not be returned for sound reasons (but you can do a conversion kit to Touring Edition at any time!).
Sponsored

Last edited:

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
What an exquisitely detailed post, and video.

Sara, you're very good at your job.

The exhaust sounds great too. I'm on the fence of whether I want valved or not. I'm starting to feel like it doesn't make that much of a difference, especially for those of us who "smash that individual button" every time we get in the car anyway. Well... in the summer at least.

Food for thought, for sure. Also, again- this sets the gold standard for what marketing should be for these exhausts.

OP
OP
Sara/AWE

Sara/AWE

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Type S

The exhaust sounds great too. I'm on the fence of whether I want valved or not. I'm starting to feel like it doesn't make that much of a difference, especially for those of us who "smash that individual button" every time we get in the car anyway. Well... in the summer at least.

Food for thought, for sure. Also, again- this sets the gold standard for what marketing should be for these exhausts.
The team and I greatly appreciate the kind words and feedback 🤝

Our goal is to provide as much info as possible so folks can have confidence in their choice of system, but of course if you have any other questions I am happy to field them 👍

What a beautiful exhaust!
We think so too, our engineers really knocked it out of the park with this one! 🙌

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Those are by far the best looking tips on the market so far. No chance of just selling those with a valve to fit onto the stock muffler is there? 😜

Last edited:

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
Why do you do this to me….? What has my wallet ever done to you

DukeFrisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shelby GT350, VW Golf R, Jeep 4xE
I think your choice is either the AWE or leave it stock. Clearly the most well thought out exhaust for this car thus far. 👍

OP
OP
Sara/AWE

Sara/AWE

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Type S
The black tips 😎
They look great on our R&D car that is for sure! 🙌

Those are by far the best looking tips on the market so far. No chance of just selling those with a valve to fit onto the stock muffler is there? 😜
Sorry, we don't sell tips separately as they don't fit stock or other aftermarket systems. Thanks for admiring them though 😉

Why do you do this to me….? What has my wallet ever done to you
😈😈😈

I think your choice is either the AWE or leave it stock. Clearly the most well thought out exhaust for this car thus far. 👍
Can confidently say there are a ton of R&D hours behind it (we even had to design a new box to ship it in), glad you guys can appreciate the engineers' hard work! 🤝

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Man, this sounds really great but I'm a little sus about how it sounds with the track version - it sounds TOO quiet given how it's pretty much straight thru.

The price point for this is excellent though, I just wish it was valved.

Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S

I definitely have it on Sport when I'm solo but whenever I drive the family around, or if I'm on a longer drive on the highway, I set it on comfort. I still think having that option is great.

OP
OP
Sara/AWE

Sara/AWE

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Type S
Man, this sounds really great but I'm a little sus about how it sounds with the track version - it sounds TOO quiet given how it's pretty much straight thru.

The price point for this is excellent though, I just wish it was valved.
Keep in mind the Track Edition still has a packed resonator in the mid pipe so it does take the edge off of the harsh frequencies. The biggest difference between Track and Touring is within the cabin at cruising speeds.

While this system is not valved, the Touring Edition provides similar results as it is equipped with our patented drone-canceling 180 Technology® resonator that allows you to hear well when you are on throttle, but at cruising speeds and low throttle, it's very sophisticated within the cabin. No drone on the highway, so road trips are safe (it's daily-drivable by design) 👍

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I wish there were more videos of turbo + exhausts. I'm pretty loud already with the current bolt on's/turbo setup, but still tempted on a couple but I'd imagine it should be resonated and I still like my extreme quiet comfort mode.
Sponsored