Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I wish there were more videos of turbo + exhausts. I'm pretty loud already with the current bolt on's/turbo setup, but still tempted on a couple but I'd imagine it should be resonated and I still like my extreme quiet comfort mode.
I imagine with the touring, it'd be pretty quiet. The track looks pretty unrestricted though and I'd bet that thing is going to be loud as shit. I rarely drive on Sport+ because the Borla exhaust exarcerbates the pops and bangs that it's almost obnoxious.

OP
OP
Sara/AWE

Sara/AWE

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Type S
But now for the serious question! Do we still get a blow pop? šŸ˜³šŸ˜
Of course, if any forum members do order, shoot me a DM with your order info and we'll sweeten the deal with a few small goodies šŸ˜‰

I wish there were more videos of turbo + exhausts. I'm pretty loud already with the current bolt on's/turbo setup, but still tempted on a couple but I'd imagine it should be resonated and I still like my extreme quiet comfort mode.
No videos to our knowledge at this time, but if we do come across one I will be sure to add it to the thread for reference šŸ¤

OP
OP
Sara/AWE

Sara/AWE

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Type S
Amazing product! Great job on the design and development.
Cant wait to see these on more DE5s
Appreciate the kind words!

I imagine with the touring, it'd be pretty quiet. The track looks pretty unrestricted though and I'd bet that thing is going to be loud as shit. I rarely drive on Sport+ because the Borla exhaust exarcerbates the pops and bangs that it's almost obnoxious.
I wouldn't say so, the Touring Edition is our perfect blend IMO. It has our 180 Tech resonator at the back that has a straight-through design so you don't lose out on performance and no packing material so its not a muffler, its sole purpose is to kill drone frequencies.

That way it is tame at cruising speeds so you can still enjoy road trips and daily driving, but when you want to hear things get rowdy, just step in the throttle and it wakes right up. It really is the best of both worlds.

The Track Edition is noticeably rowdier with no provisions for comfort in the cabin, but hey, some folks are lookin' for that!

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Appreciate the kind words!

I wouldn't say so, the Touring Edition is our perfect blend IMO. It has our 180 Tech resonator at the back that has a straight-through design so you don't lose out on performance and no packing material so its not a muffler, its sole purpose is to kill drone frequencies.
Oh I didnā€™t mean itā€™s gonna be too tame, I just meant itā€™s probably quiet/close to stock around town which is perfect for a DD. Iā€™m sure it opens up when you womp on it.

And yep, agree with your last part about the track version. The video makes it sound very civilized and Iā€™m sure itā€™s a lot louder in the cabin/in person which, like you said, some people are after.

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
@Sara/AWE - is there a way to purchase without the front pipe for many of us that already have one installed?

OP
OP
Sara/AWE

Sara/AWE

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Type S
Oh I didnā€™t mean itā€™s gonna be too tame, I just meant itā€™s probably quiet/close to stock around town which is perfect for a DD. Iā€™m sure it opens up when you womp on it.

And yep, agree with your last part about the track version. The video makes it sound very civilized and Iā€™m sure itā€™s a lot louder in the cabin/in person which, like you said, some people are after.
The Track Edition was surprisingly civilized especially with the stock downpipe in place. Now that is not to say it wouldn't get overwhelming for some within the cabin over longer distances that what was in the video. Interior is going to be the biggest difference between Track and Touring.

@Sara/AWE - is there a way to purchase without the front pipe for many of us that already have one installed?
The AWE front pipe is included with the catback kit and neither is available separately. Since there is not a lot of room for error where the front pipe sits, for the best fit and function the AWE front pipe should be used. Plus it still allows you to have a full 3" connection šŸ‘

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
You'd be ok without a tune.
are you saying that i can get away without it, but i should?

sorry for the anxiety, tuning is the one main thing i need to avoid for now, so i need the granularity lol. i don't want to spend money on expensive mods that won't perform as intended without a tune.

i'd like to get a downpipe but i'm pretty sure that's a no go for me, right?

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
are you saying that i can get away without it, but i should?

sorry for the anxiety, tuning is the one main thing i need to avoid for now, so i need the granular specificity lol. i don't want to spend money on expensive mods that won't perform as intended without a tune.

i'd like to get a downpipe but i'm pretty sure that's a no go for me, right?
I don't think you need a tune for either exhaust or DP, but @koatic has more experience with that I believe. Pretty sure I remember he did all the basic bolt on's with no tune to see where he landed power wise before getting it tuned.

I don't think a tune is absolutely necessary until fuel/turbo mods.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I don't think you need a tune for either exhaust or DP, but @koatic has more experience with that I believe. Pretty sure I remember he did all the basic bolt on's with no tune to see where he landed power wise before getting it tuned.

I don't think a tune is absolutely necessary until fuel/turbo mods.
ok understood. for some reason, i had always thought that you needed to tune if you fiddled with the airflow going in/out of the engine

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
ok understood. for some reason, i had always thought that you needed to tune if you fiddled with the airflow going in/out of the engine
A tune will maximize any gains for bolt on's for sure, but will work fine without a custom tune. Might just be leaving a few hp/tq on the table but not that much or enough to notice I difference I'd think.

OP
OP
Sara/AWE

Sara/AWE

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Type S
do these require a tune if downpipe/everything else is stock? sorry if that's a dumb question
No tune required to run the exhaust system, all of our testing and dyno numbers were done with a stock tune to show a true apples to apples comparison.

Our system begins after the factory emissions which is the biggest reason you do not need a tune. If you choose to tune down the line, it can help you maximize output of mods like an intake and exhaust, but it is not necessary for normal function.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
would it be better with a tune? probably, but I think you'd need a handful of other bolt-ons to really make it shine.

I'm like you, and hesitant to get a tune. I'm waiting it out til my warranty is up or considering running a cloned ECU. The exhaust is worth it for the sound though (if that's something that tickles your nuts)
Sponsored