Sponsored

Borla Exhaust for the DE5

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I'd like an exhaust but way too picky unfortunately to settle on one I like 100%. I like the sound of the resonated MBRP (especially with the turbo/dp/FP already done) but I like the Milltek or AWE tips. I'd be happy to retain stock looking tips TBH - double wall, all even lengths.
Sponsored

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
I'd like an exhaust but way too picky unfortunately to settle on one I like 100%. I like the sound of the resonated MBRP (especially with the turbo/dp/FP already done) but I like the Milltek or AWE tips. I'd be happy to retain stock looking tips TBH - double wall, all even lengths.
I would love to know this exact recipe for exhaust sound!

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
The mbrp is just a clamp on tip. Two 2.5" and one 3". You can get whatever tips you want. Corsa makes some very nice double wall. I bet some nice resonated tips would look awesome and kill a bit of the pop rasp that comes with the larger piping.

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
The mbrp is just a clamp on tip. Two 2.5" and one 3". You can get whatever tips you want. Corsa makes some very nice double wall. I bet some nice resonated tips would look awesome and kill a bit of the pop rasp that comes with the larger piping.
It would be awesome if Corsa was developing one!

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
It would be awesome if Corsa was developing one!
It would. I contacted ark to see if they're planning on making anything. I like the mbrp, but like you I don't like their tips, and I'd love to see some denser or resonated tips to clean up the rasp and drone. Guess we'll see

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
FWIW, MBRP sells double walled tips as well. It's an extra cost, of course.

Sponsored

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Do they? I only saw the single wall stainless. Do you have a link to them?
Certainly

https://www.mbrp.com/products/t5123

If you check their site for tips you'll also find rolled (single walled) and dual-walled black coated as well.

https://www.mbrp.com/pages/exhaust-lookup

I'm partial to the dual-walled polished tips and may consider them in the future. Right now I'm riding around with the burnt single-walled tips. It hasn't bothered me enough to prioritize new tips but I have considered getting them coated in a dark chrome or gunmetal color in the future.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I went with the MBRP exhaust for my FL5 after trying my best to wait patiently for the Borla system, and after a long exhaust therapist phone call with Humza at @Unity Performance. My first concern was keeping the active valve, second was getting louder without getting too loud. I like the Borla name and the look of their system, but I ultimately felt MBRP offered a very similar tone at a much lower price. I also thought it was nice that the MBRP kit comes with both a straight pipe and a resonator, AND an even larger resonator is available if you want to bring the sound down even further.

I've been extremely pleased with my MBRP system. I installed it myself (rented a lift for a few hours, and had some fun/learned some new things), and used the straight pipe option. I figured I was more likely to crawl under the car to make it quieter, if necessary, but too lazy to get under there to make it louder.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I went with the MBRP exhaust for my FL5 after trying my best to wait patiently for the Borla system, and after a long exhaust therapist phone call with Humza at @Unity Performance. My first concern was keeping the active valve, second was getting louder without getting too loud. I like the Borla name and the look of their system, but I ultimately felt MBRP offered a very similar tone at a much lower price. I also thought it was nice that the MBRP kit comes with both a straight pipe and a resonator, AND an even larger resonator is available if you want to bring the sound down even further.

I've been extremely pleased with my MBRP system. I installed it myself (rented a lift for a few hours, and had some fun/learned some new things), and used the straight pipe option. I figured I was more likely to crawl under the car to make it quieter, if necessary, but too lazy to get under there to make it louder.

For a $2k system i can't imagine not throwing in a 5$ straight pipe as a selling point, but I guess a lot of manufacturers do it.

Glad to hear you're pleased with it! With the valves closed how much drone do you get at mid speed/part throttle?

I'd love for someone to actually grab a dB meter or use an app with a quality microphone to grab the interior dB change for open and closed valves. I'll plan on doing it myself sometime soon if no one else beats me to it.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Certainly

https://www.mbrp.com/products/t5123

If you check their site for tips you'll also find rolled (single walled) and dual-walled black coated as well.

https://www.mbrp.com/pages/exhaust-lookup

I'm partial to the dual-walled polished tips and may consider them in the future. Right now I'm riding around with the burnt single-walled tips. It hasn't bothered me enough to prioritize new tips but I have considered getting them coated in a dark chrome or gunmetal color in the future.
Thank you! I used their search before, but for some reason just couldn't get it to give me the same result. This time it searched fine. It does look like they have both 2.5" and 3" to fit the De5 exhaust. Bonus is their tips are CHEAP!

Now if I can just find both a 2.5 and 3.0 resonated tip that matches! Lol

ARK has the 2.5 to 4.5 outer, but their 3.0 inlet only has a 3.5 outer.

https://www.vividracing.com/ark-per...OMvr3keDc4pANHPyF1KviPkS4HbnvOaRoCFDsQAvD_BwE
Sponsored