Sponsored

Acuity Shift Kits, Centering Spring, Rocker, Short throw adapter - Anyone install yet?

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Nah, they're releasing their full shifter in the coming months.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
cool. sounds like we should wait for that then.
Yeah I was waiting for the whole assembly as well. Then was offered a decent discount from a vendor to try the Hybrid Racing shifter with competition rod. It was a good enough discount that I figure I'll try it & maybe if the Acuity sounds better for any reason, I'll try that one out as well & make a comparison video on the 2 and could resell the slightly used one and break even maybe. Love Acuity stuff!

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
That short-shifter extension thing in #2 looks a little janky. I'm not sure you'd want a joint down there that could come loose while driving.

The base and cable bushings in combo #1 are a great easy upgrade for those who don't need the adjustability of an entire shifter.

Sponsored

OP
OP

boosted_canoe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Si
That short-shifter extension thing in #2 looks a little janky. I'm not sure you'd want a joint down there that could come loose while driving.

The base and cable bushings in combo #1 are a great easy upgrade for those who don't need the adjustability of an entire shifter.
got the PRL shifter cable bushings. still need to install those.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I got the stage 2 kit from unity performance it came in this week and the install is planned for tomorrow. It's $10 less from Unity than it was from acuities website.
Shout out to Humza @Unity Performance
Stage 2 Shift Kit | 22+ Civic, 23+ Integra – Unity Performance (unity-performance.com)
Since I have to remove the battery and intake to install the cable shifter bushings I am going to do the damper delete at the same time. I got the Siri Moto damper delete, Stainless steel clutch line and removed the delay valve from the slave cylinder.
Gonna video the install and will report back. I wanted to retain the stock boot and look, but all the short shifters I looked at required the stock shift boot delete. Dont want my daughter dropping something in there, ;)
IMG_3208.jpeg

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Not Integra23
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I installed the kit but havent put it back in my car yet. One of these days I'll get to it.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I installed the stage two kit this weekend. Install was relatively painless except for having to remove everything to get to shift linkage bushings in the engine bay. Installed the Siri Moto N1 Clutch damper and my slave cylinder with the delay valve removed. Could not get old flex line out to replace with steel braided clutch line. one of the nuts started stripping even with the flare wrench.

I am very pleased with the feel. it is very crisp, tight and precise. I didn't think the acuity kit would make as much difference as it feels. Wish I'd done this mod a while back.
The clutch damper and having the delay valve removed isn't as noticeable to me maybe because my civic hatch has a stage three clutch with almost instant engagement. So it's hard to compare the before and after but the friction point is a little more noticeable
IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3288.jpg

Sponsored

MrStip14

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Ebony
I installed the stage two kit this weekend. Install was relatively painless except for having to remove everything to get to shift linkage bushings in the engine bay. Installed the Siri Moto N1 Clutch damper and my slave cylinder with the delay valve removed. Could not get old flex line out to replace with steel braided clutch line. one of the nuts started stripping even with the flare wrench.

I am very pleased with the feel. it is very crisp, tight and precise. I didn't think the acuity kit would make as much difference as it feels. Wish I'd done this mod a while back.
The clutch damper and having the delay valve removed isn't as noticeable to me maybe because my civic hatch has a stage three clutch with almost instant engagement. So it's hard to compare the before and after but the friction point is a little more noticeable
IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3288.jpg
Did the kit take out any shifter play? My stock set up has quite a bit of wiggle to the shifter when in gear, looking to get rid of that and have a more rigid set up.

Also, are you going to post an install vid?

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did the kit take out any shifter play? My stock set up has quite a bit of wiggle to the shifter when in gear, looking to get rid of that and have a more rigid set up.

Also, are you going to post an install vid?
Yes, I am very surprised it made that much of a noticeable difference in the feel.
And yes, I will post the video later this week once I get time to edit it. Got a shot of the play before and after. (only thing video wont show is how much stiffer it is and how much more force is required for it to move the same amount.)
STIFF, TIGHT, PRECISE.. IMO.... good mod..

MrStip14

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Ebony
Yes, I am very surprised it made that much of a noticeable difference in the feel.
And yes, I will post the video later this week once I get time to edit it. Got a shot of the play before and after. (only thing video wont show is how much stiffer it is and how much more force is required for it to move the same amount.)
STIFF, TIGHT, PRECISE.. IMO.... good mod..
That’s great to hear! The shifter play drives me crazy. It’s my only complaint about the car. I’ll keep an eye out for the vid

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
Got a little before and after of the acuity stage 2 (I didn't install the rocker spring).

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here is my review and full install video.
have a slow motion of the centering spring difference and throw difference as best I could. Had the issue with the clicking sound too. Which I covered in vid.
Sponsored