Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
For those that didn't receive a confirmation email but deposit went through we should be good to go according to the Acura chat support lol
I asked about being charged twice on my card because submitted the deposit info twice due to the lagging website. The chat support person said to contact sales manager at the dealership you chose to get it sorted out. Also check spam folders of email that you put down was the last sentence of the photo.

FYI asked my dealer all these questions they don't know jack shit had to resort to asking the Acura chat support :eek:o_O
Screenshot 2023-05-12 160105.png
I want for this to turn out to be correct... but I have absolutely no faith that this chat person is capable of giving out accurate information on this topic. But again, I do hope for your sake that they turn out to be correct!
Sponsored

tigereyeteggy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
435i xDrive, Integra type s
I want for this to turn out to be correct... but I have absolutely no faith that this chat person is capable of giving out accurate information on this topic. But again, I do hope for your sake that they turn out to be correct!
Yep not 100% confident in this being accurate just hoping lol that pre order launch fiasco was entertaining though.

scandorama

First Name
Pär
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS TEP
Same situation as many of you on here - after I submitted the payment, there was no confirmation # - no nothing - pretty much a blank screen, but when I checked my visa, the $2000 charge was there…

I never received any email confirmation either.

However, I checked with the dealer I choose earlier, Ron Tonkin Acura in Portland, which have been super responsive and seem to be on top of things hence the cluster of a launch event this was, and they told me:

“We are unlikely to see any paperwork from Acura until maybe the first of next week but we have received the confirmation of your charge as well. If they charged your credit card, you are good to go!

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I made it to the payment screen and submitted. The confirmation page broke though and I didn't see anything like what you guys have posted in the screenshots. I do have a pending charge for 2K on my credit card though so it seems at the very least the payment went through. Anyone else have this happen. Seems like if the payment worked then the reservation should exist but I haven't seen any emails either. Also have no idea what color I reserved if any as I was refreshing multiple colors lol.
Yes, exact same thing happened to me. Still waiting confirmation from dealer & Acura claims they still can't see anything due to their system having errors. My charge went from pending to confirmed this morning so I have a little hope still. Hope I got the color I wanted. 😑 My dealer has been fantastic so far though & trying to get an answer for me.

andrew025

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Same situation as many of you on here - after I submitted the payment, there was no confirmation # - no nothing - pretty much a blank screen, but when I checked my visa, the $2000 charge was there…

I never received any email confirmation either.

However, I checked with the dealer I choose earlier, Ron Tonkin Acura in Portland, which have been super responsive and seem to be on top of things hence the cluster of a launch event this was, and they told me:

“We are unlikely to see any paperwork from Acura until maybe the first of next week but we have received the confirmation of your charge as well. If they charged your credit card, you are good to go!
Do you happen to know who you talked with?
Mine is also through Ron Tonkin and I have 3 charges but whoever I was in contact with didn't seem to know a lot about what was going on.

Sponsored

scandorama

First Name
Pär
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS TEP
Do you happen to know who you talked with?
Mine is also through Ron Tonkin and I have 3 charges but whoever I was in contact with didn't seem to know a lot about what was going on.
You have $6K in pending charges???
I’ll dm you the contact info for the sales rep at Ron Tonkin

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I wonder if that means some people on the wait-list will get contacted once Acura unravels the number of people who have 2-5 cars for a single credit card

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
You have $6K in pending charges???
I’ll dm you the contact info for the sales rep at Ron Tonkin
The sales manager reached out numerous times at my dealership. They even emailed out a link to the reservation and again a few minutes after I locked in my reservation.

MickleNoot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Soon) '24 Integra Type S, '70 RB26-powered 240Z
I'm one of the handful whose card was charged but no confirmation was sent, and I just talked to the GM of the dealer I've been working with. His understanding of the situation is that those who were charged but did not receive confirmations are on the waitlist. However, Acura disallowed anyone affiliated with Acura itself from ordering, and disallowed multiple orders by a single person as well. That, in combination with the poor performance of the ordering system, there is likely to be a decent number of disallowed orders and duplicate orders removed, bumping a handful of people up from the waitlist.

Allegedly, during the 2023 Integra launch, Acura prioritized those who were charged for the reservation but were still waitlisted when bumping people up.

This info conflicts somewhat with what others in this situation have been told, so it'll likely just be a waiting game until the next Acura™ SuperCoolHandlingSpeedSPeedSPEEDIPEEDTHEBED marketing dump.

Sponsored

DukeFrisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shelby GT350, VW Golf R, Jeep 4xE
Stopped by my dealer this morning. Good experience. Demo due within about a month and they ARE allowing test drives. Their initial allocation of 6 cars will be shortly after the demo (they believe). So probably late June early July. A $500 refundable deposit secured 1 of the 6.

The only thing they don't know is if they will have any say on color combos for their initial allotment. They wrote my top 3 color combos on the worksheet. If one of my top couple picks is unavailable I will probably wait for a future allotment so they can get exactly what I want - I'm not in a hurry and don't really want to compromise.

BTW - They did not think in any way that these would be impossible to get or that there would be very limited production. In fact, they thought the 2024 production run should be longer than usual given the early start. No discounting but no markup either.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I'm one of the handful whose card was charged but no confirmation was sent, and I just talked to the GM of the dealer I've been working with. His understanding of the situation is that those who were charged but did not receive confirmations are on the waitlist. However, Acura disallowed anyone affiliated with Acura itself from ordering, and disallowed multiple orders by a single person as well. That, in combination with the poor performance of the ordering system, there is likely to be a decent number of disallowed orders and duplicate orders removed, bumping a handful of people up from the waitlist.

Allegedly, during the 2023 Integra launch, Acura prioritized those who were charged for the reservation but were still waitlisted when bumping people up.
I believe the part about dealerships treating charges without a successful reservation (those who got a reservation email and confirmation number from Acura) as waitlist deposits (unless/until people request a refund of their $2k), but don't count on Acura to step in and police the list.

It's true that American Honda employees, affiliates, agents, and dealers (and anyone in their household) were ineligible to participate in the reservation system, but the limit was actually 2 reservations per household. So yes, a single person couldn't make multiple reservations (given the time it took, getting more than one reservation would have been incredibly tough, I gave it my best to get 2 and feel lucky to have even gotten 1), but a person who managed to get 2 could transfer the other to their spouse or another 18+-year-old household member.

The Terms & Conditions say Acura can cancel reservations... but don't hold your breath:

1. The Reserve Program is available only to individuals residing in the United States who are 18 years of age or older.
  2. The Reserve Program is available to businesses or corporate entities provided that you can validate your ownership of, or employment by, the relevant business or corporate entity upon request by AHM
  3. Vehicles must be purchased from and delivered through an authorized, participating Acura Dealer in the United States.
  4. Only one reservation per customer is permitted, and a maximum of two reservations per household are permitted. A reservation may be transferred within a household provided you can provide adequate proof, as determined by Acura in its sole discretion, that the Pre-Order holder and the transferee are part of the same household.
  5. Employees of AHM, its affiliates, agencies, and dealers, and each of their respective family members, are not eligible to participate in the Reserve Program and are not eligible to place a reservation on behalf of themselves, the dealership, dealership employees, or customers.
  6. If Acura, in its sole discretion, determines that a reservation has been placed by a non-eligible person or entity, then Acura reserves the right to cancel the reservation. The next individual who has completed the Reserve Program for a similar vehicle would then be eligible to complete the Reserve Program.

Acura isn't going through the names and addresses of the reservation holders looking for their employees/their spouses and kids, and I doubt they have a roster of employees for all their dealers, or of their agencies/affiliates. If it gets left to the dealership to police this, they're in a conflict of interest with 0 incentive to report/cancel, because they're in it to sell cars after all.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
I believe the part about dealerships treating charges without a successful reservation (those who got a reservation email and confirmation number from Acura) as waitlist deposits (unless/until people request a refund of their $2k), but don't count on Acura to step in and police the list.

It's true that American Honda employees, affiliates, agents, and dealers (and anyone in their household) were ineligible to participate in the reservation system, but the limit was actually 2 reservations per household. So yes, a single person couldn't make multiple reservations (given the time it took, getting more than one reservation would have been incredibly tough, I gave it my best to get 2 and feel lucky to have even gotten 1), but a person who managed to get 2 could transfer the other to their spouse or another 18+-year-old household member.

The Terms & Conditions say Acura can cancel reservations... but don't hold your breath:

1. The Reserve Program is available only to individuals residing in the United States who are 18 years of age or older.
  2. The Reserve Program is available to businesses or corporate entities provided that you can validate your ownership of, or employment by, the relevant business or corporate entity upon request by AHM
  3. Vehicles must be purchased from and delivered through an authorized, participating Acura Dealer in the United States.
  4. Only one reservation per customer is permitted, and a maximum of two reservations per household are permitted. A reservation may be transferred within a household provided you can provide adequate proof, as determined by Acura in its sole discretion, that the Pre-Order holder and the transferee are part of the same household.
  5. Employees of AHM, its affiliates, agencies, and dealers, and each of their respective family members, are not eligible to participate in the Reserve Program and are not eligible to place a reservation on behalf of themselves, the dealership, dealership employees, or customers.
  6. If Acura, in its sole discretion, determines that a reservation has been placed by a non-eligible person or entity, then Acura reserves the right to cancel the reservation. The next individual who has completed the Reserve Program for a similar vehicle would then be eligible to complete the Reserve Program.

Acura isn't going through the names and addresses of the reservation holders looking for their employees/their spouses and kids, and I doubt they have a roster of employees for all their dealers, or of their agencies/affiliates. If it gets left to the dealership to police this, they're in a conflict of interest with 0 incentive to report/cancel, because they're in it to sell cars after all.
Acura absolutely has a list of sales/dealership personnel. Just about everyone in the dealership has to do training/certification on the products.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Some Acura employees claim to have received a successful reservation. Here's a screenshot of me chatting with one 2 days ago.

IMG_0692.png

TeggyS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F150
My experience with the reservation system was a weird one. So my top two choices were TEP/ebony and LCM/Red. I also noticed the reservation stated early so I jumped on it. I kept getting blank pages right after picking the color/dealership of choice and was unable to get to the page to enter personal information. And each time I retried, I spend a bit more time looking at each color thinking "well, i'm not getting through the blank page anyway... " The more i look at each color the more I started thinking APEXBlue/orchid and MBP/Ebony looks pretty damn good, too. so I ended up opening up 4 windows in 2 different browser at this time I figure I will be happy with any of them.

My MBP/ebony window was the first one that allowed me to go input personal information page, so I did, but then it crashed/failed at payment page (I was not able to enter any CC info before it crashed) where I got a message to tell me retry.

Then my TEP/Ebony page worked through personal information page, and also got to payment page, this time I was able to enter my CC and click on submit. Here is the weird part, when i get the the "congratulation" page, it says "you have reserved a integra type S in MBP/Ebony." I'm not sure how that happened.

After that one successful attempt both of the LCM/Apexblue page went to waitlist, and I just called it the day.

Can't wait to see the car in person!
Sponsored