Sponsored

2025 MDX type S

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Alright, if Acura didn’t come out with the Integra type S and I would still be driving electric cars and shopping for evos and S2ks on bringatrailer. bringing the ITS home this past August has brought back my love of burning thru fuel while Rippen Hondas.
So when the talks came up of picking up a gas power 7 passenger family truckster to replace our 3 there wasn’t much else that grabbed our eye then the MDX type s. its price point and options compared to the German rivals felt like a deal. Then to find out the 25s were just showing up, now being touch screen and some other updates.
So I find The dealer I got my ITS from had one, took it for a ride and was sold. Then they were able to pull of finding my spec just in time to pack it up and take her on a 3500 mile road trip. Now 785 miles over 2 days with some stops along the way and i can’t be more pleased with this rig.
I’ve been breaking Her in slowly, getting to strength her as the miles climb up. True smiles for miles while getting a messages. Excited to keep adding miles and more fuel 😜.

Anyways, I wanted to post this here if anybody is looking for 7 seater sport
SUV. go give it a drive, your not Gonna get crazy mileage, and there faster rides out
There, but she really uses that 10 speed well keeping the turbo spooled making it true Honda fun. Really impressed. Anyways couple pics here. I may of got the same spec as my ITS.🤪 😝.

IMG_8507.jpeg

IMG_8570.jpeg

IMG_8501.jpeg
Sponsored

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
We looked at one to replace our '20 RDX so we can fit more people in just 1 vehicle when my mother-in-law joins us on trips. I really like how they've leaned into the ITS look with the black side openings. Ultimately we decided to hang onto the RDX a little while longer since it's paid off. I'll just have to endure driving the ITS out when we take family trips.

The sacrifices I make for my family.

OP
OP
Krazydan19

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That’s a great excuse to take the its out .. the ITS is a great road trip car just need to pack lite if you have 4 people and stuff. Did a Texas to Florida run at the start of the summer and really enjoyed the drive just really had to limit what we packed. This thing really got to pack up lots and can remove the middle seat to make even more space.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Yeah we enjoy the heck out the wifes MDX Typs S Advance...looks like the 25 stole some parts from the ITS...LOL

OP
OP
Krazydan19

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah we enjoy the heck out the wifes MDX Typs S Advance...looks like the 25 stole some parts from the ITS...LOL
Yes! I really had no idea how good these things drive and ride. Been in the older
MDX and thought ya this be nice car if I had to haul kids around. But really no idea how good it was. So cool.

Sponsored

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
That’s a great excuse to take the its out .. the ITS is a great road trip car just need to pack lite if you have 4 people and stuff. Did a Texas to Florida run at the start of the summer and really enjoyed the drive just really had to limit what we packed. This thing really got to pack up lots and can remove the middle seat to make even more space.
We have a Montreal trip coming up soon and I'm trying to convince my mother-in-law to join us. You know, for the experience.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I've enjoyed the Acura SUV loaners I've had. I had one for almost two weeks while I was waiting for delivery on my ITS after trading in my Boxster... I can't remember if that was an RDX or MDX though... I think it was a 5 seater so probably the RDX? I honestly have to admit I wasn't paying attention... but that's also just the thing- I remember being impressed with the car even though it was nothing more than a stopgap vehicle while I waited for mine to come in from the plant in Ohio. Everything from the stereo to the engine to the chassis was absolutely fantastic, and it was somehow truly fun to drive- I've driven countless Porsche Macans, owned three of them and more loaners to count- if someone asked me what SUV under $60k to buy I'd recommend the Acura over the base 2.0-liter Porsche for the value... and arguably for the driving experience.

Except for the infotainment. I don't know what the hell the idea was there, with that nonsensical touchpad thing. It was almost enough to actually ruin the car, and it could have actually prevented me from buying one.

But now that problem is solved with the '25s! Rejoice!

Very good cars, I think they're slept on in this industry, especially compared to the Germans.

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec
We currently have an RDX A-Spec and constantly say how this is the best SUV we've ever purchased. Now that the family is growing, we have an increasing need for more space and the 25 MDX Type S is at the top of my list.

Sponsored

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Hate to sound like an a-hole but, How's the build quality of the mdx type s? Is it as bad as the its? I've had my its for two weeks or so and I've found paint defects from factory, rattles, buzzing, driver mirror shaking on the highway, fenders on the rear doors peeling away, rocker panel gaps, body panels misaligned, huge amount of orange peel, and sheet metal panels not properly bent/smoothed. The its feels like an 18k$ car compared to my last vw gti(which was 43k$). I'd say it's on par with a tesla or Kia in build, not a vw or something else German. I'd already be getting rid of it if it wasn't so fun to drive, 😂.

We have a q7 for trips, towing my racecar, and my wife's daily runabout, and compared to my dad's 2021 mdx it's very clear where the extra money went to the Germans... Everything is just much tighter, better fit, and significantly higher quality parts throughout.

If the mdx type s is actually competitive against the Germans in build quality now, it might be interesting to look at. If it's more its quality, I couldn't imagine forcing my wife to drive it.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Hate to sound like an a-hole but, How's the build quality of the mdx type s? Is it as bad as the its? I've had my its for two weeks or so and I've found paint defects from factory, rattles, buzzing, driver mirror shaking on the highway, fenders on the rear doors peeling away, rocker panel gaps, body panels misaligned, huge amount of orange peel, and sheet metal panels not properly bent/smoothed. The its feels like an 18k$ car compared to my last vw gti(which was 43k$). I'd say it's on par with a tesla or Kia in build, not a vw or something else German. I'd already be getting rid of it if it wasn't so fun to drive, 😂.

We have a q7 for trips, towing my racecar, and my wife's daily runabout, and compared to my dad's 2021 mdx it's very clear where the extra money went to the Germans... Everything is just much tighter, better fit, and significantly higher quality parts throughout.

If the mdx type s is actually competitive against the Germans in build quality now, it might be interesting to look at. If it's more its quality, I couldn't imagine forcing my wife to drive it.
Ooff. Orange peel is common, so is a rattle or two, and the front bumper often has alignment issues, but damn, you got a rough one, I think. Either that or production quality has dived since early batches.
I've got a dash rattle when it's cold (goes away in the summer) and some orange peel. I got lucky; even my front bumper was properly aligned (and they used washers as spacers to make sure it fit... found then when swapping the front badge).
Wonder if they put more effort into the first batch or two?

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Ooff. Orange peel is common, so is a rattle or two, and the front bumper often has alignment issues, but damn, you got a rough one, I think. Either that or production quality has dived since early batches.
I've got a dash rattle when it's cold (goes away in the summer) and some orange peel. I got lucky; even my front bumper was properly aligned (and they used washers as spacers to make sure it fit... found then when swapping the front badge).
Wonder if they put more effort into the first batch or two?
Maybe. I kind of expected it to be near the gti in terms of build quality, but we're just not there. With 350mi now there's just too many problems to try to call this a "luxury" brand. Maybe mine is just a lemon, but I can't fathom a world where this is "on par" with the Germans in build. The orange peel is bad on the doors. I can see it from 15ft away. Looking at others photos on this forum, I can see it on everyone's cars, so that's not just mine. I still enjoy the driving dynamics aspect of it. I can look past some things.

I've heard good things about the mdx type s, but I'm genuinely curious if they actually paid attention to build quality there since that's technically their flagship and the its is their entry/budget performance car.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Both the its and mdx are 100k miles+ type of cars...not so sure that applies to the german brands you mentioned...hence their very low resale value...

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Both the its and mdx are 100k miles+ type of cars...not so sure that applies to the german brands you mentioned...hence their very low resale value...
That may have been true 20 years ago... I mean, my q7 has 78k miles and a solid 10k are towing just under 7000lbs with an enclosed trailer. No squeaks, creaks, rattles or noises of any sort. It's the cost of parts and labor that makes German cars lose value.

I'm sure the its will drive for at least 100k miles, like anything else. Again, I do enjoy the driving dynamics and the car has A LOT going for it, but build quality is just not one of those things. I know it's disappointing to hear a new owner complain about build on a car that has such a good enthusiast following here. I'd love for it to be perfect, but it is what it is.

And sorry for the derail... Just curious if the mdx type s is better built than its or if it's on par!
Sponsored