Sponsored

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I had put my deposit down on a TEP but a few months later the dealership I put deposit down at got an APB and LCM instead of the TEP and LCM they were a lotted..
Dealership gave me a discount on the ABP since my deposit was for a TEP they were not getting.
They had a TEP TLX-s in the showroom when I picked up my ABP and my friend made a comment it looked like a doo doo brown under the showroom lights. (she didnt know that was the color I originally wanted.) But she wasn't wrong I was not impressed with the tiger eye in person. I was much happier with the BRIGHT BLUE APB in person. Its ironic how high tech cameras are these days and still cant properly capture the essence of a nice pearl in paint.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I had put my deposit down on a TEP but a few months later the dealership I put deposit down at got an APB and LCM instead of the TEP and LCM they were a lotted..
Dealership gave me a discount on the ABP since my deposit was for a TEP they were not getting.
They had a TEP TLX-s in the showroom when I picked up my ABP and my friend made a comment it looked like a doo doo brown under the showroom lights. (she didnt know that was the color I originally wanted.) But she wasn't wrong I was not impressed with the tiger eye in person. I was much happier with the BRIGHT BLUE APB in person. Its ironic how high tech cameras are these days and still cant properly capture the essence of a nice pearl in paint.
I don't blame the cameras, I blame the screens we look at the photos on. I don't know of ANYONE outside of photographers that prefer their phone or computer screen to display color accurate images. Pretty much everyone wants hdr, oled color pop, and deep saturation. Nothing ever looks right.

I really wanted to like the TEP and I was really hoping it was more BMW Phoenix yellow in person, but it was the furthest thing from it. I bet this car would look good in Phoenix yellow, though...

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
I’ve always wondered - did people really cross shop the ITS and Elantra N? They seem so different and in such different markets.

Sponsored

grahm

First Name
Grahm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 RS3, 2023 Type R
I’ve always wondered - did people really cross shop the ITS and Elantra N? They seem so different and in such different markets.
I just sold my FL5 but honestly if I was going to buy another new FWD car it would be an Elantra N. In many ways I enjoyed that car over my FL5 and in terms of "luxury" features it's not too far off from the ITS.

Brittania

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Toyota Camry

The price of the Elantra N is it's best feature. Engine is pretty good, transmission is pretty good, handling is pretty good, etc. The price in 2024 for the full package is outstanding. While I was on the waitlist for the ITS, I got curious and called the local Hyundai dealer to ask if they had a waitlist for the facelift Elantra N. They said they did not so if I wanted the first one they were allocated I could have it. I thought about it pretty hard for a week or two but for me it just came down to the realization that I would be happier with the ITS than the Elantra N plus 15k cash.

Also the interior and exterior styling is going to age horribly. I like keeping my cars until the wheels fall off. I can't imagine myself driving a 2024 Elantra N in 2040.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
a 2 year run might be about right. If you want one you can find one. Sure may not be your color spec but you can get one if you’re willing to go get it. Which’s means to me the demand is getting to be full. Atleast for the humans willing to pay the price. The longer they make them just makes it easier for the 2nd buyer and lowers its rare fscoty
Sure could an Its with AWD be a modern day EVO 8-9? Maybe, but one of my favorite things about my Evo days was that the nanny’s were always off. We know an ITS w/ AWD will be full of nanny’s which means a pedal dance for every drive just in case 🤪.

Love mine.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I cross shopped the cars I wanted to drive that had 4 doors and a manual.

The list is small... Really small. G80 m3, Cadillac ct5v bw, vw gti (not anymore!) , vw gli, vw golf r(not anymore!), elantra n, ctr, its, and that's about it.

To be REALLY honest... The elantra is probably more up market than the its despite the price 😒. I find it to be quite ugly, but fit and finish is miles better. Gotta give Hyundai their due... They've dramatically upped their game over the years, as has Mazda. Go drive a Mazda 3 turbo hatch then step back into the its. It's too bad it doesn't come with a manual unless you buy the bargain barrel one with no turbo...

Sponsored

grahm

First Name
Grahm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 RS3, 2023 Type R
The price of the Elantra N is it's best feature. Engine is pretty good, transmission is pretty good, handling is pretty good, etc. The price in 2024 for the full package is outstanding. While I was on the waitlist for the ITS, I got curious and called the local Hyundai dealer to ask if they had a waitlist for the facelift Elantra N. They said they did not so if I wanted the first one they were allocated I could have it. I thought about it pretty hard for a week or two but for me it just came down to the realization that I would be happier with the ITS than the Elantra N plus 15k cash.

Also the interior and exterior styling is going to age horribly. I like keeping my cars until the wheels fall off. I can't imagine myself driving a 2024 Elantra N in 2040.
Having owned both an FL5 and EN (and driven the ITS)... the EN has more than just price. I think the E-LSD and steering in the EN are better than the two Honda cars, and the seats in the EN are better than the ITS (but worse than the FL5). Stock cooling is also much better in the EN vs. the Hondas, and the EN has less road noise than the Hondas. For '24 it also gets forged wheels.

But the manual in the EN is only average, the interior looks pretty ugly despite having good features/function, and even the updated exterior is not great. I do agree that if you're going to keep your car forever, get what you really want. But if you want a fun daily for a few years, the EN is sorta unreal for the money.

Roadtripper

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 Honda S2000
Ah, yes I didn't mean as a enthusiast vehicle, just in general
Camry would be my choice if was looking four nothing more than a competent commuter, just short of an appliance. I went with the Aspec for its relative light weight, great handling, awesome hatch, 6sp, styling, and great gas mileage. The bonus is that for an economy platform, there are ton of people tuning it and it’s holding reasonable extra power reliably for everyone. Love the look, especially with some aero

IMG_5855.jpeg

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
The EN is the modern version of what the Type-R used to be (minus the insane -- on a pound-for-pound basis -- engine).

The FL5 / DE5 are the Pcars of the hot hatches. You are paying an outsize premium for very small nuances.

I don't mind paying that... but I'm glad that, in a world where cars in general -- not to mention fun ones -- have gotten very expensive relative to median wages, there is still a fun performance car for the masses.
Sponsored