Aero Carbon Hood Insert

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec
Yikes, sorry to hear that. The price is steep for something that provides no benefits over the stock outside of the carbon look. I’m all about supporting small business, but not the “carbon tax”.

I’m sure there are overlays out there that achieve the same look for a fraction of the cost.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Yikes, sorry to hear that. The price is steep for something that provides no benefits over the stock outside of the carbon look. I’m all about supporting small business, but not the “carbon tax”.

I’m sure there are overlays out there that achieve the same look for a fraction of the cost.
edit: actually those jogon ones i linked to are overlays that stick on with tape. i didn't realize it at first so i removed it as i didn't want to compare apples to oranges.

Last edited:

edido

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
Looks like the one for $150 is taped on the OEM insert (based on pics it comes with 3M tape on the inside part).
The expensive is a full replacement. The price is way too high.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Looks like the one for $150 is taped on the OEM insert (based on pics it comes with 3M tape on the inside part).
The expensive is a full replacement. The price is way too high.
yes you are correct, i didn't realize it but the jogon pieces are stick-on pieces (they are real carbon fiber though). still, $700 for the aero one is way too expensive. the aero werks vent hood that i originally mistakenly linked to (which is for the FL5) is a full carbon fiber replacement and is $200, which is actually realistically priced.

Last edited:

edido

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
yes you are correct, i didn't realize it but the jogon pieces are stick-on pieces (they are real carbon fiber though). still, $700 for the aero one is way too expensive. the aero werks vent hood that i originally mistakenly linked to (which is for the FL5) is a full carbon fiber replacement and is $200, which is actually realistically priced.
I personally don't like stick-on piece outside. I would totaly pay $200 for a full carbon replacement. No way I am paying $700. Will keep waiting until some company offers a full replacement for $200.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
yeah im curious if there is a way to make the FL5 one work in our hoods lol

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I wasn’t spending $700 for this , I went with the Jogon overlay , the quality is great for the price , it’s real carbon . It does stick on and I recommend taking there tape off and using your own 3m as I already have a tiny corner coming up from using there supplied tape . Not a big deal at all for the price , I am happy .
IMG_3077.jpeg
IMG_3072.jpeg
IMG_3083.jpeg
IMG_3073.jpeg

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Someone just needs to make a replacement one that increases the sizing of the opening, adds a couple layers of proper fins, and includes a wicker so that it's actually effective. The factory part works, but there's a lot of room for performance improvement.

I might just reach out to verus or trackspec and see if they're willing to make one.

To be honest, having done carbon work, 700$ is actually cheap for a full on replacement. They're certainly giving up quality somewhere because molding a factory replica up and taking space, cure time, disposal, and materials into account there's no way to keep a product like this sub 1000$ without cutting corners. The apr air dam costs what it does because of this, and it's actually much simpler to mold up and produce.
Sponsored