OP
Integra23

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
@Integra23
How did you remove the base to swap? I can't seem to remove the base's trim..
Did you have to take apart the whole mirror?

1000010827.jpg
If I remember correctly there were 3 screws you need to remove. If you snap off your blue trim pieces on the base it exposes them.
Sponsored

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
If I remember correctly there were 3 screws you need to remove. If you snap off your blue trim pieces on the base it exposes them.
Snapping off the blue trim is the scary part.. still trying to figure that out haha

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Snapping off the blue trim is the scary part.. still trying to figure that out haha
You should use the Mikstore Civic mirrors as a the guinea pig since those bases aren't needed. Once I got it down, popping off the Type S painted one was a breeze since pretty much the same.

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
You should use the Mikstore Civic mirrors as a the guinea pig since those bases aren't needed. Once I got it down, popping off the Type S painted one was a breeze since pretty much the same.
I did! Figured it out, thanks.
What do I do with the ends of the white and black wires? I pinned the green from white to gray . Then the two wires into the gray and now they're just hanging there.. Instructions don't say.

20240309_002535.jpg

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
I did! Figured it out, thanks.
What do I do with the ends of the white and black wires? I pinned the green from white to gray . Then the two wires into the gray and now they're just hanging there.. Instructions don't say.

20240309_002535.jpg
It's weird how mikstore instructions are but if you look at both the Installation guide and the installation guide - civic si, it should connect to the side mirror connecter harness that is attached to door frame

1.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
It's weird how mikstore instructions are but if you look at both the Installation guide and the installation guide - civic si, it should connect to the side mirror connecter harness that is attached to door frame

1.JPG
I actually figured that out just now. Thanks!

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
OK! After much trials and tribulations, I have finally finished the install of Mikstore Auto-folding Kit Model F, Flowing side mirror LEDs, and Auto-tilt on reverse. First mirror took me like 4 hours (don't laugh), but the second mirror took me 30 minutes. I'll have info about the Auto-tilt on reverse in the other thread. Thanks to @Integra23 and @mugendc4 for all their help.
Couple pointers in addition to what was already provided in this thread:
0. I recommend disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery first
1. Take off the mirror cover first while the mirror is still mounted. Do what @Integra23 said and grab by the blinker to be able to pry it off
2. Use this vid to help with removing and installing the turn signal lights (PITA to take out and install):
3. Use this vid to help with removing the door panel and vapor barrier. Also goes into detail how to remove the mirror assembly from the car:
4. Use a pry tool like this one to remove the colored cover on the mirror base:
1710133930203.png

Practice on the Mikstore one first, that one has obvious holes where the trim tool should be used. Same spot can be used on Integra's colored trim
20240308_031229.jpg

5. Have to remove all the electrical/friction tape, depin (take pics first!), before the last screw is exposed
6. The wiring for Kit F is a bit different, but the white/black wires go to the connector that's already on the door
1710134370028.png

7. Once both sides are done, plug in the switches first and test the auto-folding function before closing everything up!!
20240310_161652.jpg

Last edited:

new2teg

First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Nice install and thanks for all the info. Looking to do only the auto folding feature in the future. I'm a bit confused though. With Kit F, would you still need to remove and swap the mirror bases, or is the wiring and switches all that is needed for the auto folding feature?

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Nice install and thanks for all the info. Looking to do only the auto folding feature in the future. I'm a bit confused though. With Kit F, would you still need to remove and swap the mirror bases, or is the wiring and switches all that is needed for the auto folding feature?
I believe kit C had a few extra wires that weren't used. KIT F includes just what is needed. You will still need to switch the bases out on both kits.

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
So I'm having this issue after the install where the car honks once when locking and twice when unlocking. Also, the hazards go off for 16 blinks when I open the door.. I'm wondering if this is due to the auto folding or the tilt on reverse.. ugh

Sponsored

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
So I'm having this issue after the install where the car honks once when locking and twice when unlocking. Also, the hazards go off for 16 blinks when I open the door.. I'm wondering if this is due to the auto folding or the tilt on reverse.. ugh
Auto folding module. It comes.with instructions for disabling this

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Here ya go

Screenshot_20240315-203443.png

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Auto folding module. It comes.with instructions for disabling this
Omg thanks lmao. I thought I screwed something up. What's the "off lock" button? I turned the horn off but can't figure out how to turn the hazards off

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!