AWE touring exhaust and pops.

cgninja

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec 6 speed.
I recently bought AWE touring edition exhaust for my 2023 Acura A-Spec 6 speed. The exhaust tone is fantastic, and once the pipe warms up there are a lot of pops and burbles. I am getting them when decelerating and up and down shifts. Is this normal for a 3 inch exhaust and a stock tune on this car?

I added a short clip of slow driving for reference.

Sponsored

ken_teggy88

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A-Spec w/ Technology 6MT
How loud is the exhaust from inside and outside? I'm considering buying the Track edition or the Remark exhaust.

OP
OP

cgninja

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec 6 speed.
It is not very loud inside, but picks when you rev it higher. Big improvement over stock. It has a nice deep purr to it, but neighbors are not complaining. I like it a lot, just trying to figure out if the pops are normal or car is running rich or have some injector issues.
Here is another clip from outside.. (cold start, idle, rev)

22si

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Civic Si
Yes pops are completey normal 😊. Enjoy your amazing exhaust. The factory exhaust pops and burbles, but it's barely audible on the inside but can be heard on the outside very minimal.

The way these cars are tuned they all will pop and burble with aftermarket exhaust. They are louder once the exhaust warms up.

Sponsored

22si

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Civic Si
How loud is the exhaust from inside and outside? I'm considering buying the Track edition or the Remark exhaust.

You can always buy a Touring and buy the track mid portion and swap out. I think Remark is louder and some say it is louder on the inside.

Also checkout MBRP which has a similar setup.

22si

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Civic Si
I recently bought AWE touring edition exhaust for my 2023 Acura A-Spec 6 speed. The exhaust tone is fantastic, and once the pipe warms up there are a lot of pops and burbles. I am getting them when decelerating and up and down shifts. Is this normal for a 3 inch exhaust and a stock tune on this car?

Also guys, get some good headphones and sit down and listen. They've done some fantastic recordings in and outside the car with Track and Touring.

It's a Si, but exactly the same exhaust/engine/trans

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T

You may not have noticed, but there are pops and burbles with the stock exhaust once the temperature gauge reaches 2 bars or above. They arent easy to hear with the stock exhaust but they are there.

1alrighttegra

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra a-spec 1990 corvette
Sounds clean! I have a 27Won down pipe with the PRL front pipe and got the exhaust done at a shop, got 3” pipe with a big boz 5 aggressive muffler, and two big boz aggressive muffler tips, I can honestly say it’s extremely loud, inside it’s pretty loud too, the pops are just crazy , you can hear my turbo spooling from my exhaust just gatta be careful in certain cities so I won’t get pulled over lol

22si

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Civic Si
Sounds clean! I have a 27Won down pipe with the PRL front pipe and got the exhaust done at a shop, got 3” pipe with a big boz 5 aggressive muffler, and two big boz aggressive muffler tips, I can honestly say it’s extremely loud, inside it’s pretty loud too, the pops are just crazy , you can hear my turbo spooling from my exhaust just gatta be careful in certain cities so I won’t get pulled over lol

Any videos of your setup?
Sponsored