Sponsored

Buzzing at certain RPM and liftoff

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Just installed the PRL HVI and took the family out for a test drive. Went putsing around town for a good half hour with no issues, enjoying the new noise.

Stopped at a store and afterwards, the car started buzzing around 3k rpm. It’s brief under hard acceleration but downshifting to 2nd and coasting, it’s pretty loud.

I went back and checked all my bolts on the intake and all are tight. Intake box is solid on there.

Here’s a video I took but unfortunately the volume came out kind of faint.

Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Hmm. I can hear it faintly, but no idea what it is.

OP
OP
egxflash

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Hmm. I can hear it faintly, but no idea what it is.
It’s a lot louder in the car IRL.

I’ll have to get a better video of it. Really pooping on the excitement after installing the HVI, I tell ya.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Yeah these sound clips are nearly impossible to decipher... I think I can hear the infamous "waste gate rattle" sound; best description I've heard is a sound like "cymbals" after liftoff or at light throttle.

But you're saying you never noticed this at all before the intake was installed? Maybe since you were more attuned to what sounds the car was making with the intake you just now noticed a sound it's been making all along? Just wondering if it's actually attributed to the intake install or not...

In any case, I get it. It is the achilles heel with my car, is being forced to mentally override the annoyance at random noises coming from the drivetrain. I still plan on getting my car into the dealer to get it investigated, something I should have done nearly a year ago.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Same situation with the V2 Spoiler. The install is spoiled by poor fitment.

Sponsored

SocalDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 its
If you can't find the buzzing sound from the interior/trim....

Could it be electrical? Sound through speaker?
Something may need to be grounded.....

I saw this on the web WARNING. Painful to watch and he does not explain the purpose of the kit very well if at all

Last edited:
OP
OP
egxflash

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
My buzzing seems to match this thread exactly. They attribute it to the non counterbalanced engine. Wouldn’t explain only noticing it now, but maybe worth a read. Mine feels like I hit a rumble strip but less severe.

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/vibration-during-acceleration-in-1st-gear.51816/
No vibration for me.

I went back and tightened everything after we got home from Disneyland today because I’m neurotic and the tube clamps seemed like they could’ve used tightening.

I also took off the engine shroud and didn’t find anything loose down there but the foam piece on the right was pushed up some as I was messing with the vent tube so I pulled that back down.

Will take it out for a test drive tomorrow since it’s late here now and don’t want to wake the kids with the exhaust.

PS: one of the engine shroud covers was already a little rounded out even before I tried to take it off which is kinda WTF.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Hmmmnn.... thought I read there was "break in" period with this rmm or at least it got less harsh over time...Good luck OP getting it sorted

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 06 si, Infiniti G37, Acura Integra Type S 24
I am having the same buzzing sound also. Maybe it's coming from the engine? 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

OP
OP
egxflash

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
No vibration for me.

I went back and tightened everything after we got home from Disneyland today because I’m neurotic and the tube clamps seemed like they could’ve used tightening.

I also took off the engine shroud and didn’t find anything loose down there but the foam piece on the right was pushed up some as I was messing with the vent tube so I pulled that back down.

Will take it out for a test drive tomorrow since it’s late here now and don’t want to wake the kids with the exhaust.

PS: one of the engine shroud covers was already a little rounded out even before I tried to take it off which is kinda WTF.
Ok, took it out yesterday with the fam and cautiously happy for now that the buzzing has gone away.

Like mentioned above, I fixed this foam piece that shifted under the engine shroud and made sure all my hose clamps were tight and things seem to be ok for now. Odd that I didn't get any buzzing for the initial test drive but oh well...crossing my fingers that fixed the issue.

OP
OP
egxflash

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Yeah these sound clips are nearly impossible to decipher... I think I can hear the infamous "waste gate rattle" sound; best description I've heard is a sound like "cymbals" after liftoff or at light throttle.

But you're saying you never noticed this at all before the intake was installed? Maybe since you were more attuned to what sounds the car was making with the intake you just now noticed a sound it's been making all along? Just wondering if it's actually attributed to the intake install or not...
This rings so true (pun intended).

After possibly resolving the issue, since I'm now looking for sounds, I can hear the faint wastegate rattle along with a few creaks and rattles from the A-pillar which I never noticed before. I should note though that I've had the dash rattle for a little while now - the one coming from behind the infotainment -- and I know that's a common issue.

Nothing that's really soured the car for me, but those don't help to win any points, that's for sure!

qweedqwag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S
Mine was from the rear license plate frame it was bad. I only had two bolts at the top.

OP
OP
egxflash

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
It's kind of come and gone. Not quite as bad or loud as when it first popped up though.

I'm convinced it's somewhere in the center of the car, almost like it's under the dash or close to firewall. Maybe it's just one of the unrelated "rattles" this car has and I happened to notice now because I'm exercising the rpms to test the intake....

It's very intermittent....but still annoying when it does happen.

OP
OP
egxflash

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I think I may have figured it out - the buzzing seems to be coming from the trim piece right above the rear view mirror. It was buzzing yesterday as I was driving and held that piece and it stopped. Go figure.

I'll mess with it when I have the time or maybe I'll just wait to tape that area up when I install a fitcam.
Sponsored