Sponsored

Control Knob Trim - What Do You Think?

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra A-Spec / Tech / Performance Red / Orch
Found these on Amazon to go inside my '24 A-Spec Tech in Performance Red / Orch. interior. Adds some "accent" to the interior, but I'm thinking just going back to the stock ones. WHat do you guys think?
ac knob 2.jpg
AC knob 1.jpg
Sponsored

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
They look tacky , not a fan to be honest . I was debating them myself but decided against them in the long run .

Sponsored

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I really appreciate the honest feedback, it validates my train of thought insofar as sticking to the stock pieces. I'm an old guy, don't want to make my car look like a kid's ride! LOL
No worries , I added allot of real carbon and then went and added some fake carbon door handles inside the car bc it’s all I could find. I didn’t like how it looked or meshed with the real carbon so I took them off . We live and learn . I like how it looked without those red knobs . If you were born in 81 you’re not so old just yet , Atleast I like to think I’m not being born in 82. I sure feel old though .

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
As much as I like red, I'm not a fan of this. I recently saw a post where someone swapped the climate dials for black ones from the Accord. I'm not sure whether I personally like those over the stock silver ones but they're less in-your-face than the red ones and look like they could actually belong.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
As much as I like red, I'm not a fan of this. I recently saw a post where someone swapped the climate dials for black ones from the Accord. I'm not sure whether I personally like those over the stock silver ones but they're less in-your-face than the red ones and look like they could actually belong.
I saw and liked the black ones.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I saw and liked the black ones.
I wonder if there's some dials from another acura that can be used as a whole and not just the knob?

The oem ones in the integra are just cheap and flimsy feeling. Is it just me or do everyone's knobs wiggle a ton left to right before any engagement and the clicks feel very hollow and weak? They have almost zero resistance and don't really click with any kind of tactile authority. The little dial screens are also pretty cheap and plasticy.

My 2005 accord had better dials, despite being plastic.

OP
OP
Red October 81
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like that idea. The black would look nice, the silver ones are a bit too "bright" as are the red ones I have now disposed of! The knobs would look great in a subdued flat metallic gray, almost like the exterior color.

Sponsored

Topher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Tech w/ CVT
Build Thread
Link
Found these on Amazon to go inside my '24 A-Spec Tech in Performance Red / Orch. interior. Adds some "accent" to the interior, but I'm thinking just going back to the stock ones. WHat do you guys think?
ac knob 2.jpg
AC knob 1.jpg
Still waiting for someone to find the correct part number because the chrome silver AC knobs can certainly be replaced with OE black knobs (unit has to be removed). Tried to get the black ones but was sent wrong part and gave up :/

OP
OP
Red October 81
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Still waiting for someone to find the correct part number because the chrome silver AC knobs can certainly be replaced with OE black knobs (unit has to be removed). Tried to get the black ones but was sent wrong part and gave up :/
Are the black ones you are referring to Honda or Acura? I'd love to know. The more I look at the stock, shiny silver knobs, the more I want them replaced. I don't see why I couldn't simply take them off, spray them with a more attractive color?

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Are the black ones you are referring to Honda or Acura? I'd love to know. The more I look at the stock, shiny silver knobs, the more I want them replaced. I don't see why I couldn't simply take them off, spray them with a more attractive color?
You certainly could. If you want the finish to keep and not chip, you'd have to take the bulk of time being diligent and careful about sanding and scuffing the surface, then apply an etching primer, paint, and a urethane clear. Should look great! You could even spray a metallic color that gives a black chrome finish or add some multi colored flake so it sparkles in different lighting conditions differently.

OP
OP
Red October 81
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You certainly could. If you want the finish to keep and not chip, you'd have to take the bulk of time being diligent and careful about sanding and scuffing the surface, then apply an etching primer, paint, and a urethane clear. Should look great! You could even spray a metallic color that gives a black chrome finish or add some multi colored flake so it sparkles in different lighting conditions differently.
Excellent suggestions here. I would do the etching and finish with some strong urethane clear-coat. I'm leaning towards a metallic grey-type finish.
Sponsored