Sponsored

Defect in shifter/gearbox or is this normal?

Brittania

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Toyota Camry
20240531_193056.jpg
Nice to meet you Kasper. Seems like these cars attract good people. Glad we found out your transmission is fine and good luck with your upcoming track days.

We were talking for a bit after our test drive, and if anyone in the central NC area wants to have a little meet up some time I think we'd both be interested.
Sponsored

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
20240531_193056.jpg
Nice to meet you Kasper. Seems like these cars attract good people. Glad we found out your transmission is fine and good luck with your upcoming track days.

We were talking for a bit after our test drive, and if anyone in the central NC area wants to have a little meet up some time I think we'd both be interested.
Let's go. where you boys at?? I'm 1 hour south of Raleigh. Southern Pines..

Lonely down here. I've seen 1 Type S (once) and 0 FL5's around town.

Brittania

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Toyota Camry
Let's go. where you boys at?? I'm 1 hour south of Raleigh. Southern Pines..

Lonely down here. I've seen 1 Type S (once) and 0 FL5's around town.
I'm in Apex and he's lives in Durham so we're all pretty close by. Maybe I'll start a post over on the Civic forum and see if anyone else wants to set something up. It was fun driving the type S and I think he liked driving the type R. We even happened to get stuck next to each other at a red light with no one else around....

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
That would be cool to drive a type R. Maybe we can do a lunch or breakfast meet somewhere, like a mini cars and coffee/parts swap!! Even cooler would be if you guys all came to VIR for the same track event. Have a bunch of us out there.

OP
OP
HappyKasper

HappyKasper

First Name
Kasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2024 Type S
It was great to meet you too, Brittania, and thanks for letting me drive that awesome CTR! Yes, I'd love to do a local meetup.

Sponsored

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
I had FG2 and FA5. The ITS feels right at home with the same behavior of those two cars.
Typical Honda manual.
I remember my FG2 as well, I had the third-gear TSB issue that was fixed under warranty. Also would get wheel hop and grinding on first->second shifts at redline. Got the Boomba motor mounts and it fixed both the wheel hop and shift grind which I started to think were related.

I know the ITS is closer to the 11th gen Civic platform but it's still rocking that K20 just with boost now. I wonder if it's a similar Aisin transmission as the FG2, not that I'm complaining. That transmission was good to me after the (then) issues were resolved.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
I remember my FG2 as well, I had the third-gear TSB issue that was fixed under warranty. Also would get wheel hop and grinding on first->second shifts at redline. Got the Boomba motor mounts and it fixed both the wheel hop and shift grind which I started to think were related.

I know the ITS is closer to the 11th gen Civic platform but it's still rocking that K20 just with boost now. I wonder if it's a similar Aisin transmission as the FG2, not that I'm complaining. That transmission was good to me after the (then) issues were resolved.
PRL RMM removed wheel hop on mine.

It will increase nvh so there is a trade off.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The wheel hop is interesting. I haven't even broken the tires loose yet. I guess TC is preventing any kind of slipping. Before the RMM change I did feel the motor move when letting off the accelerator while in gear.
Again I baby 1st to 2nd to prevent any grinding. 3rd is where I can feel the boost open up so it's where I give it the beans.
Sponsored