OP

braverlin

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
integra
Thanks. I will get a set of all season tires for the winter!!!
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Thanks, Superman, for the info. I do have a lifted Jeep Wrangler just in case of an apocalypse like the Walking Dead since we live in the DC area. :eek:

Under what temperature would you not take it out? Below 40?

PS: I spoke with the dealer. They will charge for a brand new set of winter tires. So I will just keep the OEM ones and get a set of winter tires later.
Many years ago Michelin put out language on this topic that tires with more aggressive compounds should not be used in tempuratutes "at or near freezing". I believe that language is no longer used by Michelin. The general rule of thumb is tempuratures below 40°F.

OP
OP

braverlin

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
integra
All-Seasons are a master of nothing. If you’re going to purchase a separate set of wheels, do one set with a dedicated set of winter tires and one set with a dedicated set of summer tires.
Many years ago Michelin put out language on this topic that tires with more aggressive compounds should not be used in tempuratutes "at or near freezing". I believe that language is no longer used by Michelin. The general rule of thumb is tempuratures below 40°F.
Thanks!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

OP
OP

braverlin

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
integra
All-Seasons are a master of nothing. If you’re going to purchase a separate set of wheels, do one set with a dedicated set of winter tires and one set with a dedicated set of summer tires.
What would you recommend for the winter tires? FYI, I will not be driving this baby in a wintry or snowy condition.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type-S / 23 M340i / 23 VW GTI
I use a MK8 GTI as my winter car with a set of GLI 35th anniversary wheels. I tried out a set of the Vredestein Wintrac Pros and they’re very good at a reasonable price from TireRack.

Winter tires stay soft and pliable at freezing temps while also having optimal tread for wet or frozen terrain. Summers tires will stay hard and brittle during freezing temps and are prone to crack at temps under 40F degrees.

All-Seasons are middle of the road at everything and while there are some decent ones out there, they’re not great at anything.

Acura Integra DMV Owners IMG_2850
Sponsored