First Fun Car!

joemama

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Picked up my Apex Blue ITS today. As the title suggests, it's my first enthusiast car which'll also serve as a DD. Super stoked!

Dropping it off first thing in the morning for full front PPF and ceramic coating vehicle.

***Well, original post was on draft while I looked around the car in my garage. Found a door scuff on the bottom driver side door though that goes through clear coat (dealer offered to fix when I sent a pic to the sales guy). Going to ask the detailer if it's worth just holding off on doing the service or if they can just apply the ceramic coating and detail around the area until the dealer fixes it.

Anyways, minor issue all things considered it'll get beat up on the road regardless. Will be kept bone stock for the most part for daily duties. However, planning on getting an AWE Touring exhaust after finishing grad school next May as a little gift to self :) Maybe get into some auto cross also...
IMG_0598.JPG

IMG_0601.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP

joemama

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Nice, congrats!!!
You ain't leavin it stock. 🤣
Go down enough rabbit holes online and in this forum and that just might be the case... that AWE exhaust is perfect though. I honestly just want to learn how to drive the heck out of this thing and have a sick daily. And maybe add some goodies along the way ;)

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Go down enough rabbit holes online and in this forum and that just might be the case... that AWE exhaust is perfect though. I honestly just want to learn how to drive the heck out of this thing and have a sick daily. And maybe add some goodies along the way ;)
We are all enablers here. But we support you. 😆 Welcome!

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Welcome.
Its a great group here with lots of content.

Sponsored

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I'm typing this from under the car as I'm messing with my MBRP exhaust (swapping out the resonator to straight pipe). I chuckled at "bone stock" because I said the same thing to myself when I bought the car.

Still chuckling as I'm mentally going over my planned mod list.

Welcome and glad to see another Apex Blue off of the dealer lot!

OP
OP

joemama

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I'm typing this from under the car as I'm messing with my MBRP exhaust (swapping out the resonator to straight pipe). I chuckled at "bone stock" because I said the same thing to myself when I bought the car.

Still chuckling as I'm mentally going over my planned mod list.

Welcome and glad to see another Apex Blue off of the dealer lot!
LOL seems like lots of great influences in this group of folks. Post a clip of the sound when its done! I've never owned a car this quick before so hopefully it'll be a while before I go crazy with the mods.

SocalDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 its
LOL seems like lots of great influences in this group of folks. Post a clip of the sound when its done! I've never owned a car this quick before so hopefully it'll be a while before I go crazy with the mods.
Made a survey for you

OP
OP

joemama

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Update: OEM mudguards just came in - will install once I get car back from detail shop. Also, I'm digging that console cover Overland Design sells with the alcantara and white stitching but not sure how well that'll look with the alcantara steering wheel's red stitching.

Sponsored

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Update: OEM mudguards just came in - will install once I get car back from detail shop. Also, I'm digging that console cover Overland Design sells with the alcantara and white stitching but not sure how well that'll look with the alcantara steering wheel's red stitching.
You can get the center console w. red stitching to match the wheel.

That is actually ideal.

The orchid interiors have gray stitching -- not white -- and as a result, the Overland console does not match the orchid interiors regardless of which option you choose. It only matches the red / black interiors.

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
You are going to love the car, it fits that role perfectly. The car is whatever "mood" you are feeling at the moment. Lazy and chill with a luxe ride? Yes. Want to step on it a bit for some fun? It happily obliges.

I would recommend waiting to get that blemish on the door fixed before the ceramic goes on. I wanted to drive the hell out of the car the first week I had it but kept it in the garage until I got the front with PPF and ceramic all over. Just remember, it's pristine now and you want to lock it in the best you can.

I told myself I'm keeping it stock for the first year but I am fairly sure that isn't going to happen. I've already got the OEM accessories installed and now some from Acuity (shift knob collar + charm, oil cap).

The dilemma in my mind is I want a reliable DD that won't give me issues so more mods = more potential issues. Also potential for them to deny warranty the more deep I go. But there is also the fun of customizing and beefing up the car here and there. I don't even think approaching 400bhp is necessary, but I kinda want it...

So for now I started with the glitz and glam, though I keep eyeing that PRL HVI intake and charge pipe kit. And the all black intercooler. And then a Phearable tune. And then...

Last edited:
OP
OP

joemama

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
You are going to love the car, it fits that role perfectly. The car is whatever "mood" you are feeling at the moment. Lazy and chill with a luxe ride? Yes. Want to step on it a bit for some fun? It happily obliges.

I would recommend waiting to get that blemish on the door fixed before the ceramic goes on. I wanted to drive the hell out of the car the first week I had it but kept it in the garage until I got the front with PPF and ceramic all over. Just remember, it's pristine now and you want to lock it in the best you can.

I told myself I'm keeping it stock for the first year but I am fairly sure that isn't going to happen. I've already got the OEM accessories installed and now some from Acuity (shift knob collar + charm, oil cap).

The dilemma in my mind is I want a reliable DD that won't give me issues so more mods = more potential issues. Also potential for them to deny warranty the more deep I go. But there is also the fun of customizing and beefing up the car here and there. I don't even think approaching 400bhp is necessary, but I kinda want it...

So for now I started with the glitz and glam, though I keep eyeing that PRL HVI exhaust and charge pipe kit. And the all black intercooler. And then a Phearable tune. And then...
I'm right there with you... I've never actually tuned or modified a car before. I'm coming from a GX460 that I thought I wanted to mod for offroading but have always wanted to scratch the tuner itch growing up around cool cars. I do think an exhaust is the first performance related mod I'd do. With the AC blasting in Texas weather, it's difficult to hear the car which I find helpful when it comes to shifting haha.

E-Rod

Honda Fanatic
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 NSX, 2006 S2000, 2024 Integra Type-S
With the AC blasting in Texas weather, it's difficult to hear the car which I find helpful when it comes to shifting haha.
Agreed! I love hearing the engine and always drive with the windows down when I can, and that means putting the AC on max while in 90+ degree weather... well so be it! That and I'm a sucker for the bangs and pops.

It's not just you about hearing the car. Maybe it's the noise dampening materials but I find there isn't nearly as much audible/vibration feedback from the engine as you might expect. In a luxury way, that's nice but I'm probably going to go with the PRL rear motor mount and exhaust soon to increase that.

The K20 is known for wheel-hop during hard 1->2 shifts, and this car is no exception. The rear motor mount seems to fix that issue as it did with previous Civic Si (FG2/FA5+) that used it.

OP
OP

joemama

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Agreed! I love hearing the engine and always drive with the windows down when I can, and that means putting the AC on max while in 90+ degree weather... well so be it! That and I'm a sucker for the bangs and pops.

It's not just you about hearing the car. Maybe it's the noise dampening materials but I find there isn't nearly as much audible/vibration feedback from the engine as you might expect. In a luxury way, that's nice but I'm probably going to go with the PRL rear motor mount and exhaust soon to increase that.

The K20 is known for wheel-hop during hard 1->2 shifts, and this car is no exception. The rear motor mount seems to fix that issue as it did with previous Civic Si (FG2/FA5+) that used it.
The sound/vibration "feel" is useful for driver feedback even in a daily setting. I've seen people do the PRL's. How long have you owned your ITS for?
Sponsored