eric123406109

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2021 RAV4 Prime, 1987 911
Hi,

I did some searching, but haven't found many results. What are y'all using for front window sun screens? Any really good finds out there? My car sits outside, and I want to limit interior temperature and help prevent UV damage/fading.

Many thanks,
Eric
Sponsored

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
Hi,

I did some searching, but haven't found many results. What are y'all using for front window sun screens? Any really good finds out there? My car sits outside, and I want to limit interior temperature and help prevent UV damage/fading.

Many thanks,
Eric
I got this WeatherTech sunscreen. Fits perfect and works great whenever my car sits outside in this summer heat. You may think it is a little expensive, but I believe it was worth the extra money.
WeatherTech Sunscreen

hiddenrun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Apex Blue
For the first time ever, I didn't get a Weathertech sun shade but something off Amazon for less than $30 bucks.

Weathertech always kills you with the shipping (unless you order more stuff than you need to get you to the free shipping threshold), and it was because of their pricing that I didn't pay the "Made in the USA" Weathertech premium. So, figuring that I needed one for my Acura, my wife's Bronco, and my 911, I headed over to Weathertech and figured that I'd have enough for free shipping. Prices?

$64.95 for the Acura one.
$54.95 for the Bronco one.
$94.95 for the Porsche one.

Really? $100 bucks for the exact same thing for my 911 as the $55 Bronco one? Go get fcuked- I'm heading to Amazon. That's pure B.S., and it was the impetus for never buying a Weathertech product again. So for the price of the Porsche one, I got an Autotech one for the Acura and one for the Porsche, as well as a Mabett for the Bronco. And you know what? They keep just as much sun out as the Weathertech ones.

tallboi

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I went with the Acura sun shade and am happy with it. I'm fairly certain it's a re-branded Covercraft shade, but costs about $30 less. I've had Covercraft shades for a handful of vehicles and have always been happy with their fit and performance. The only drawback is that they're fairly bulky and take up a bit of space when not in use. I just throw mine on the back seat when I'm not using it.

My white car with the Acura sun shade and tinted windows all around stays quite cool on a sunny summer day, relatively speaking.

rovingardener

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra A Spec Tech 6 MT
I'm using the item from Covercraft in my Mazda6. Works well.

Sponsored

TXWayne

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 MDX A-Spec
I purchased the Acura one from my local dealer and got the employee discount since the guy in parts was a HS classmate of my son and it came in around $62 I think. Plus I got the clear tint applied that is supposed to block 99% of the UV. When I am at work it sits in the hot Texas sun all day and seems to work pretty well. Miss the parking garage I lost last September when I had to move locations......

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i actually got the OEM one when i ordered my car. i used a popular 3rd party brand in my old Si and i was very annoyed by how it didn't completely fill out the geometry of the windshield, leaving a pretty large gap on one side, so this time i just opted for the OEM one.

and guess what... it also doesn't perfectly fit the geometry of the windshield. this drives me absolutely nuts, like how fucking hard is it to make a damn sun screen with the same dimensions as the fucking windshield ugh lol

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I have ceramic windshield tint, but use the Acura branded one on occasion when real hot and sitting for a while. You can tell Covercraft made it. Had them in my Ram's too and they have great fitment. Not so sure for me now that I've added dash cam and radar detector though, haven't tried it.

Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I went with the Acura sun shade and am happy with it. I'm fairly certain it's a re-branded Covercraft shade, but costs about $30 less. I've had Covercraft shades for a handful of vehicles and have always been happy with their fit and performance. The only drawback is that they're fairly bulky and take up a bit of space when not in use. I just throw mine on the back seat when I'm not using it.

My white car with the Acura sun shade and tinted windows all around stays quite cool on a sunny summer day, relatively speaking.
Same here and i agree about it being a rebranded covercraft. I've had Covercraft branded ones on my other cars and it's the same.

Only went with the Acura one this time because it was oddly cheaper. Go figure.

rickyjoe

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type-S

I did the same thing. It works well, fits nice, and goes up quickly once you learn the trick of how to handle it.

Lekna

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra A-Spec 6M
I use the Acura OEM one. I haven't figured out the trick to putting it up and taking it down without frustration. On previous cars I always used the type that rolled up. They were not quite perfect, but much easier to put up, take down and store. I'll likely revert back to that style unless my athleticism? coordination? unfolding skill? improves. . .

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Aspec 6MT Platinum White Pearl/Orchid
I've had one of those double wire circle screens I got from Costco since I got my first Civic in '16. You put the two circles together and twist them to shrink them down and it fits into the door pocket on drivers side. I can poke the flappy bit out to the absolute corners if I want, but it's pretty much there without a lot of effort.
Sponsored