Heavy Metal Rattle - Off Throttle >4k RPMs

CK716

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LSM
Has anyone else encountered a similar noise? This just started a few days ago. 4500 miles and only does it in 3-5 gear when over 4500 RPMs. Video doesn’t pick up the sound great but it’s quite loud in the cabin and sounds like it’s coming from directly behind the gauge.
Sponsored

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Sounds like wastegate rattle but yours is especially loud! Time to book an appointment with your dealer?

OP
OP
CK716

CK716

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LSM
Sounds like wastegate rattle but yours is especially loud! Time to book an appointment with your dealer?
That’s what I thought as well based on other posts here. Definitely much louder than any other video I’ve seen though. Going in Friday. Hopefully nothing crazy.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
That sounds like a piece of plastic vibrating inside the cabin.
Something didn't sit properly.

Good luck in finding it. Will not be an easy task.

OP
OP
CK716

CK716

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LSM
That sounds like a piece of plastic vibrating inside the cabin.
Something didn't sit properly.

Good luck in finding it. Will not be an easy task.
I can track it to at least the driver side. It just sounds like the normal wastegate sound on steroids. Only hope is that it’s not a random plastic item since it doesn’t do it any other point except coming off throttle over 4500

Sponsored

Driven District

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Acura Integra Type S, '08 Honda S2000, '01 Honda Prelude
That kinda sounds like some interior (or behind dash or another part) plastic or other material rattling/vibrating, similar to what someone else said. I noticed some vibration sounds coming from the passenger door panel which I think went away. I also hear more of a "chain like" rattle which people have said is most likely the wastegate rattle that is apparently a known issue on these cars (this was while the car was 100% stock as well). This video is long but it should start at the exact time (if not just go to 0:58 of the video). I put a microphone under the hood so you can really pick up the wastegate rattle sound. Keep in mind I can still audibly hear this inside the car driving normally. I also started hearing a squeaking sound from the rear while driving…still can’t pinpoint it, but it started after installing Eibach Springs and MBRP Exhaust (this one I don’t know yet what is causing it and is not on this video)

OP
OP
CK716

CK716

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LSM
That kinda sounds like some interior (or behind dash or another part) plastic or other material rattling/vibrating, similar to what someone else said. I noticed some vibration sounds coming from the passenger door panel which I think went away. I also hear more of a "chain like" rattle which people have said is most likely the wastegate rattle that is apparently a known issue on these cars (this was while the car was 100% stock as well). This video is long but it should start at the exact time (if not just go to 0:58 of the video). I put a microphone under the hood so you can really pick up the wastegate rattle sound. Keep in mind I can still audibly hear this inside the car driving normally. I also started hearing a squeaking sound from the rear while driving…still can’t pinpoint it, but it started after installing Eibach Springs and MBRP Exhaust (this one I don’t know yet what is causing it and is not on this video)

im just curious that if it was an interior/plastic piece, why wouldn’t it be present somewhat at any level, instead of just being quite loud of 4500? Either way it’s going to the dealer next week.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I had one that I thought sounded like it was coming from behind the dash but it was actually the panel above the rear view mirror

BatesMotelXIV

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Si
Mine also rattles above 4k RPM, but ON-throttle, not off-throttle. I can't quite tell where it's coming from other than somewhere underneath the dash. It seemed to pop up when the weather got warm...so maybe (but probably not) it'll subside once it gets cold again. Who knows...

I need to take her in anyway cuz she has a loose panel below the left vent next to the steering wheel. Mere nuisances...still loving the car and looking for excuses to drive!
Has anyone else encountered a similar noise? This just started a few days ago. 4500 miles and only does it in 3-5 gear when over 4500 RPMs. Video doesn’t pick up the sound great but it’s quite loud in the cabin and sounds like it’s coming from directly behind the gauge.
e

Coolyellowcar

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' Type S (TEP), 96' Miata, 95' Spec Miata
I have a similar problem too. My car is off at the dealer and one of the guys there heard it, but the techs haven't been able to reproduce the noise when they test drive it so they haven't started working on it. My rattle is anywhere from 3k-4.5k rpm and it sounds like it is coming from the passenger side of the dash up near the bottom of the windshield. I already checked the rear view mirror panel and that was a tad loose, but it didn't solve my problem. I think I have the heater box rattle...

Sponsored

OP
OP
CK716

CK716

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LSM
I have a similar problem too. My car is off at the dealer and one of the guys there heard it, but the techs haven't been able to reproduce the noise when they test drive it so they haven't started working on it. My rattle is anywhere from 3k-4.5k rpm and it sounds like it is coming from the passenger side of the dash up near the bottom of the windshield. I already checked the rear view mirror panel and that was a tad loose, but it didn't solve my problem. I think I have the heater box rattle...
Did you get a loaner while it’s being worked on? Really can’t have no vehicle for an extended amount of time.

Coolyellowcar

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' Type S (TEP), 96' Miata, 95' Spec Miata
I did not. They offered but I had already brought some
Did you get a loaner while it’s being worked on? Really can’t have no vehicle for an extended amount of time.
I did not. They offered but I had already brought someone to follow me in my other car so I just have been driving that for right now
Sponsored