Key Fob Rattle

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
Does anybody else’s key fob rattle when shaken? I’m talking about the physical key that’s inserted in the fob having enough play that it jiggles enough to cause a metal rattling noise.

If so, any fixes for it?
Sponsored

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
Oh boy, if youre this meticulous, I can only imagine how much rattles in the car will bother you. Good job on tracking it down though.

OP
OP

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh boy, if youre this meticulous, I can only imagine how much rattles in the car will bother you. Good job on tracking it down though.
Lol! “Undriveable, lemon law”
But for real though, I’ll be much more forgiving with the car. But yeah, OCD is real

Sponsored

OP
OP

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
why do you shake it?:hmm:...my bad I had to ask though
lol no worries at all, it's all good

I mention shaking because it's what best replicates the issue I was concerned with and wanted to see if others on the forum had the same issue. I'm not walking around shaking the fob randomly like a mad man 😅

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
I thought I was the only one annoyed by this! What bugs me is it comes and goes. And so far no rattles in car for me 🤞

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I raise you from the dead, thread!! 🧟‍♂️

I noticed this today on one of my fobs. Omg is it bad if you just pick it up and grab the key part. My other key is normally tight, but the one the dealer held onto more is pretty loud. I know it's a nitpicky thing and I'll just put a fob case on it, but man panel gaps and rattles are seeming to be part of the acura design language 🤣... So much so it even extends to the car key 🤣🤣🤣

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Normal wear and tear. The key is loose from me fidgeting with it and dropping it a few times. I shouldve made a thread on it a year a go

Sponsored

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Normal wear and tear. The key is loose from me fidgeting with it and dropping it a few times. I shouldve made a thread on it a year a go
My fob hasn't been anywhere except for 43 miles with the dealer, and then sitting in a bowl, undisturbed for the last two months. It's weird because the other one I use is totally fine. A touch of felt tape on either side of the little round ring on the key part makes a quick solve. 🤷‍♂️

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Apex Blue Pearl ITS
Both of my fobs have rattled like this since the day I bought the car. To be honest it's kind of annoying and it makes them feel very cheap. My wife has an MDX and her fobs are solid and have no rattle at all after 2 years.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Both of my fobs have rattled like this since the day I bought the car. To be honest it's kind of annoying and it makes them feel very cheap. My wife has an MDX and her fobs are solid and have no rattle at all after 2 years.
Yeah... Out of all the build quality issues with these cars, this is one of the lower priority ones, but it definitely brings and air of cheapness to the car.

This helps a little, especially since the back of the fob scratches if you do so much as look at it, https://a.co/d/dwsQXtO

ST675R

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'10 Triumph Street Triple R; '17 VW GTI
When reading this post several months ago I folded up a little piece of paper and stuck it in there. Problem fixed.
Interesting - when making this post, I pulled out the key and adjusted the piece of paper. An hour later I noticed that the key fob was warm. I re-adjusted the paper and the key-fob is cool again.
Sponsored