Bigislander

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Congrats on the car!

I also decided to get on the list with Acura of Omaha. I think I was in the mid to high 10s when I finally placed my deposit. I was expecting at earliest late next year, if at all, since they said they had no idea how many cars they would even be getting.

You said they delivered their demo and are just receiving their 2nd-3rd car? Maybe I'll let my guy know to add PRP to my preferred color, hopefully people pass on it. I saw one in person and it was beautiful.

I also live in California, how'd you get the shipping handled? Did you work with the dealership or did you do your own individual research? Would you be able to let me know which company you ended up using, I was expecting at least 1.5k - 2k shipping.
Hi Andrew, Good to hear that you also got on the list with Acura of Omaha. So far they’ve been terrific. Scott said that they just got hit with some hail, but my car is being stored inside and being taken care of. Accessories to be installed Monday. I also asked them to leave all the plastic and papers on and in the car when they ship it. I’ll detail it myself when it arrives.

The ITS I was fortunate to get was a car that was not on their allocation from Acura, but it was delivered to them. Scott said it literally came to them out of the blue. After seeing PRP and LCM I was torn on color, but PWP was my top choice by just a little. I wanted a color that wouldn’t attract too much attention and it’s my first white car. I hope you get PRP…it’s a great color…stunning!

I’ll leave the name of the shipping company I use once I get it finalized tomorrow and the price. But, it’ll be around 1K. It’s a company I used previously.
Sponsored

Bigislander

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Congrats on the car!

I also decided to get on the list with Acura of Omaha. I think I was in the mid to high 10s when I finally placed my deposit. I was expecting at earliest late next year, if at all, since they said they had no idea how many cars they would even be getting.

You said they delivered their demo and are just receiving their 2nd-3rd car? Maybe I'll let my guy know to add PRP to my preferred color, hopefully people pass on it. I saw one in person and it was beautiful.

I also live in California, how'd you get the shipping handled? Did you work with the dealership or did you do your own individual research? Would you be able to let me know which company you ended up using, I was expecting at least 1.5k - 2k shipping.
Hi Andrew, wanted to give you an update. I secured transport from Jeff, 4 Seasons Transport for $1050. The car should be available for pick on 9/1, but pick up depends on when driver is in the area. Hope that helps you.

Patio208

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Mustang Shelby GT 500
I started watching this YouTube channel a few months back (I like to do my homework). This particular video explains how dealers loose money holding onto cars (why deals are out there on demo models that have now technically been sitting for over a month). It's a long video, but they open on this topic.
https://www.youtube.com/live/GGx4okcIyX0?feature=share

terrytek

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 Protege
* update *

California - Modesto Acura +$5K accessories

Was it still MSRP plus accessories? I remember one of the salesmen there (I took a visit since this dealer is like 3 miles from my house) telling me back when they had just a demo model and they said every type s they receive will be at MSRP but their demo model was the only one with the accessory pack installed; you can buy the car without any accessories and just pay MSRP. That was almost two weeks ago though, and i think now they have since backtracked on their word and told me through text after the demo sold that it was a 5k markup....... It was a bummer because it seemed like my local acura dealer was the only one in this entire state that was gonna try and offer it at MSRP besides Pleasanton Acura (of which they might still honor MSRP pricing without markup, but their waitlist is impossibly long).

terrytek

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 Protege
Also will add that Niello Acura in Roseville (Sacramento, CA area) texted me that they had inventory, but they were telling me market was dictating about 10k over msrp, as in they wouldn't tell me a specific price, marked up or not. Maybe it means there's a possibility to drive away with one at MSRP? As of 7/30, they have 2 in stock, a black and a white one both with red interior.

I would update Modesto Acura saying that it's 4995 markup per the owner as they said through text, so it's just a straight markup as opposed to the price of their accessory package, which seemed odd.

edit: Niello Acura just gave me an updated price and it's 64 140 before taxes BUT they say an in person appearance can be leverage for pricing, so it sounds like they would be willing to work a deal, but regardless 64 is yet quite high since that's like an 8500 dollar markup from msrp of 52595.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
Was it still MSRP plus accessories? I remember one of the salesmen there (I took a visit since this dealer is like 3 miles from my house) telling me back when they had just a demo model and they said every type s they receive will be at MSRP but their demo model was the only one with the accessory pack installed; you can buy the car without any accessories and just pay MSRP. That was almost two weeks ago though, and i think now they have since backtracked on their word and told me through text after the demo sold that it was a 5k markup....... It was a bummer because it seemed like my local acura dealer was the only one in this entire state that was gonna try and offer it at MSRP besides Pleasanton Acura (of which they might still honor MSRP pricing without markup, but their waitlist is impossibly long).
Not sure if it will be straight adm or accessories, I was told accessories by my sales guy there 7/26, but you could also be right.

Pleasanton is msrp + $1K “wheel locks/tint” package. Not bad but you’re right, super long waitlist. I was 18th on the list 6/16, currently 11th overall and 6th for white

terrytek

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 Protege
Not sure if it will be straight adm or accessories, I was told accessories by my sales guy there 7/26, but you could also be right.

Pleasanton is msrp + $1K “wheel locks/tint” package. Not bad but you’re right, super long waitlist. I was 18th on the list 6/16, currently 11th overall and 6th for white
Yeah I got the text on the 22nd saying it was 4995 ADM, and it was for a Performance Red on Black model that was in transit at that time and has since now arrived. I hope this dealer somehow ends up keeping their word on MSRP maybe for future models considering they pride themselves at selling everything they have at MSRP, so why suddenly switch up like that?

terrytek

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
02 Protege

Yeah I got the text on the 22nd saying it was 4995 ADM, and it was for a Performance Red on Black model that was in transit at that time and has since now arrived. I hope this dealer somehow ends up keeping their word on MSRP maybe for future models.

bigmikevegas

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ABP Integra Type-S
I started watching this YouTube channel a few months back (I like to do my homework). This particular video explains how dealers loose money holding onto cars (why deals are out there on demo models that have now technically been sitting for over a month). It's a long video, but they open on this topic.
https://www.youtube.com/live/GGx4okcIyX0?feature=share
Caredge is elite, plus the dad and son side project is very wholesome.

Hakmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, T4R V8, Prius Prime, Integra Type S
Yeah I got the text on the 22nd saying it was 4995 ADM, and it was for a Performance Red on Black model that was in transit at that time and has since now arrived. I hope this dealer somehow ends up keeping their word on MSRP maybe for future models.

I'll start a new thread once I have the car in my hands but I purchased the PRP yesterday. Guys and team at Modesto are A+

Sponsored

Ministry

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S (DE5), FL5(sold)
Anyone in Cali have any recommendations? Most dealers in the socal area all seem to want 10k+ markup, many with required accessories. Some appear to be launch builds that have been sitting for a month.

Liquid ITS 24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Accord V6 6 Speed
Anyone in Cali have any recommendations? Most dealers in the socal area all seem to want 10k+ markup, many with required accessories. Some appear to be launch builds that have been sitting for a month.
Try looking through whole west coast or nearby states and look into shipping services ($1k most likely)

Ministry

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S (DE5), FL5(sold)
Thanks, can you recommend a good site to check inventory? I cannot seem to get Acura's inventory tool to go past 250 miles.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

Dustbunni

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Honda Civic 21 Infiniti QX50
Acura of Brookfield in WI
Told me on Saturday that they currently have 16 sold units to get thru. If you were to order now optimistically would be 12 months but realistically 18-24.
I am on a waitlist elsewhere but still seeing dealers out there that have them on the lot to drive away now. Not sure what to do
Sponsored