FLBean

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 A-Spec 6spd
Hi all,

Congrats to everyone with Integras! I'm new to the forum.

First off I'm very impressed with this car however there does not seem to be any change with the suspension feel across the modes. It is very firm in every setting. I have had and driven cars with adaptive suspensions and can very much feel the difference. I have done many tests over different roads. I am running in 40-50 degrees F so I don't know if that plays a part. I don't have any codes. Can someone suggest a better way to test this weather pulling a fuse or the plugs on the dampers themselves. I did search this but did not find anything so I assume no one else has this issue. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Sponsored

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Firstly welcome.

I have three questions to better answer your issue.

1) A-Spec or Type S?
2) Are you driving over pristine roads or bumpy ones?
3) How calibrated is your butt sensor?

I could only speak for the ITS but in Comfort mode it's still stiff, but muted. In Sport+ I can count the number of cracks I drive over. Might not be as apparent in the A-Spec.

Third question might seem offensive but some people just don't have that ability. Sitting in the passenger seat of my wife's car, I'm able to feel issues sooner than she can. Best suggestions is drive on a moderately bumpy road and switch quickly between the highest and lowest setting (10-15 seconds each).

OP
OP

FLBean

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 A-Spec 6spd
Thank you for the reply

1: A-Spec
2: I have driven on all types of roads, highway, bumpy, twisty.
3: I think my but sensor is pretty good, as mentioned I have noticed the difference in other cars.

I am switching between comfort and sport suspension in the individual settings and there is definitely nothing noticeable.

Do the shocks have to wear in a bit? I don't know if that's a thing.

I just wanted to get others thoughts on how apparent the change should be and how it works for this particular car. My last car was a GTI and it was very noticeable .

If others could share there experience with the adaptive suspension that would be appreciated, thank you.

lauren01

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CR-Z
I’ve got an ITS 6MT with 15,600 miles. Can feel a subtle difference. Wish it were more pronounced.

OP
OP

FLBean

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 A-Spec 6spd
I feel in comfort mode it's a little firm, it's about where my GTI was in sport mode. It's still tolerable it just doesn't reflect the reviews I've seen.

Sponsored

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Thank you for the reply

1: A-Spec
2: I have driven on all types of roads, highway, bumpy, twisty.
3: I think my but sensor is pretty good, as mentioned I have noticed the difference in other cars.

I am switching between comfort and sport suspension in the individual settings and there is definitely nothing noticeable.

Do the shocks have to wear in a bit? I don't know if that's a thing.

I just wanted to get others thoughts on how apparent the change should be and how it works for this particular car. My last car was a GTI and it was very noticeable .

If others could share there experience with the adaptive suspension that would be appreciated, thank you.
No problem. If it's an A-Spec I'd have to bow out, don't have one so I'd be unable to really assist you.

One last off the wall check. I don't know if the A spec even has them but the FL5/DE5 is delivered with suspension blocks. Check that the dealership removed them as that might be the issue.

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...ransport-blocks-before-taking-delivery.51208/

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
ITS here. Definitely noticable between comfort and sport+. Sport to sport+ is a little tougher. Agreed though, the choppier the road the more you can feel the difference.

ManualGearbox68

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I have an A-Spec 6MT and I drove a base CVT as a loaner while my steering rack was replaced. The difference in both cars between comfort, normal and sport is VERY small but I can tell the difference in cornering where the body roll is reduced in sport.

OP
OP

FLBean

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 A-Spec 6spd
No problem. If it's an A-Spec I'd have to bow out, don't have one so I'd be unable to really assist you.

One last off the wall check. I don't know if the A spec even has them but the FL5/DE5 is delivered with suspension blocks. Check that the dealership removed them as that might be the issue.

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...ransport-blocks-before-taking-delivery.51208/
good call on the suspension blocks, I did check for them. They left the strut pucks in on my GTI. I hit a pothole and it flattened the rim.

OP
OP

FLBean

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 A-Spec 6spd
I have an A-Spec 6MT and I drove a base CVT as a loaner while my steering rack was replaced. The difference in both cars between comfort, normal and sport is VERY small but I can tell the difference in cornering where the body roll is reduced in sport.
Ok maybe that is just the nature of the car, the "adaptive" tuning may just be in body roll. Thank you for your input.

Sponsored

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
I, too have an A-Spec 6MT. I feel the difference especially between comfort and sport. My wife agrees….she’s not a car-type and as any good husband should do, I have the Wife Setting on my car, but my individual setting is all sport (except I left the idle stop on). I saw on a video that there is a module on the struts/links that changes something/. I personally love the ride, but did not love the Continental tires on the A-Spec. Since I always ending up changing my wheels and tires, I just decided to do it with 1,000 miles on it rather than at 25,000 when the average OME tires typically wear out.

I put Michelin PilotSport 4AS tires on because I like the quiet of the tread, the grip and excellent wear. I had them on my Mazdaspeed 3 (though PS 3AS) and ran a set of the softer but grippier PS 4 on my old RDX, but they wear out too soon (I got 25,000 mikes on them).

I suppose all of this is subjective. Our “seat of the pants” dyno is what most of us use to decide whether we like or don’t like a given feature. Then, depending on our discretionary income, we fix the things we don’t like.

A Blessed National Day of Thanksgiving to all of you. I am preaching 2 services today so I can watch the Packers play tomorrow, and the University of Arizona Wildcat men’s basketball too (one of my Alma maters).

gregbutler_20

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Acura Integra, 22 ILX (sold).
I bought my car when the weather was still warm, over 70 and I could notice a difference between comfort and sport, but sometimes it felt better than other times I hit the switch. I wondered if the whole thing was trigger properly, but I'm not sure I would know. Now that the weather is is the 40s-50s or lower, I don't really notice anything for comfort. It's partly because of those noisy continental tires. They were horrible on my ilx, and just as bad here. The comfort mode was not really good in straight line stuff, but you could notice it when going over uneven surfaces and speed bumps.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Yeah it's subtle. Part of it could be the fact that you're in a new car and everything is tighter. Once those bushing start to bag out a little maybe it'll change. Personally I always run them in sport and don't feel the need to switch.

A Blessed National Day of Thanksgiving to all of you. I am preaching 2 services today so I can watch the Packers play tomorrow, and the University of Arizona Wildcat men’s basketball too (one of my Alma maters).
I'd seriously go to your church if I was anywhere near you.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Seeing how it’s a $300 strut & the integra is a “entry level” Acura don’t expect Mercedes/BMW results lol. It’s a minimal difference, but going from comfort to sport you can tell the difference for sure. Normal to comfort is minimal, mostly feel the difference in the steering wheel (turn-ability) than the suspension bounce. The Throttle by wire “sensitivity” is where I feel the most difference between the comfort levels

LiquidCarbon

First Name
Laing
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech manual 6sp
I have a A-Spec manual. The difference is only noticeable on very, very rough roads, the kind where you don’t want to drive over 35. On individual mode I have everything set to sport except the dampers are set to comfort.
Sponsored