Oem tires in the snow.

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
I highly doubt they just work out of the box and the dealer charged you for cloning.
Just wanted to clarify info for anyone reading: OEM Acura TPMS sensors WILL work out of the box without dealer intervention; no cloning is necessary. I bought a set of 4 to install on FL5 forged accessory wheels and they synced and paired by themselves. Only issue is if the original stock wheels are in close proximity (ie in trunk), then the car will remain paired to the old wheels and won’t pair to new wheels. Have to keep a decent distance away from the old wheels
Sponsored

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I stand corrected on the reverse mount and TPMS learning! This is the first car I've heard of that self-learns. That's pretty cool!

I did not mention this to Discount Tire and they either figured it out or didn't have any issues mounting my tires on the Type S wheels the normal way. No damage to the wheels but maybe since I gave them my vehicle info 2023 Civic Type R - they had a warning that popped up telling them to reverse mount.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS
265/35/19 are actually 1 inch larger diameter than 265/30/19 which is about 12mm extra sidewall. The 35 is a ratio - not a measurement of mm of sidewall. Your speedo will be off by about 4% compared to the stock diameter.
Didnt realize that so thanks! Here in the northeast potholes will eat a 30 series tire/wheel for breakfsast. The extra sidewall helps with no fitment issues; speedo off is no biggie to me.

FredS2000

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024Tiger Eye Integra Type-S, 2003 S2000, '99 SVTL
I've been using mine below 45, but.... I leave my garage in the morning, which is in the upper 50s to mid 60s, take it easy the first 5-7 miles and not push it hard in other corners on my way to work. It was noticeable the lack of grip in low 40s, rainy conditions, not hydroplaning but turning grip was low. These are leaps and bounds above the Michelin tires my '95 GS-R came with. Those were absolutely undriveable in wet and cool conditions.

The way home, in 50s to 60, it was fine.

I'll switch to my winter set when consistent cold sets in, I feel it won't be too far away.

OP
OP
preston23

preston23

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
I've been using mine below 45, but.... I leave my garage in the morning, which is in the upper 50s to mid 60s, take it easy the first 5-7 miles and not push it hard in other corners on my way to work. It was noticeable the lack of grip in low 40s, rainy conditions, not hydroplaning but turning grip was low. These are leaps and bounds above the Michelin tires my '95 GS-R came with. Those were absolutely undriveable in wet and cool conditions.

The way home, in 50s to 60, it was fine.

I'll switch to my winter set when consistent cold sets in, I feel it won't be too far away.
Like the tiger eye pearl!
Sponsored