Oil Change A1

smith365

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Hey Integra Owners,

I was scrolling through my info screens and on the oil life one I just saw A1

I am at 40% oil life according to the screen and I am not getting the “ seek service” pop up.

Has anyone tried to get an oil change with Acura?
or have they given you a hard time? I’m thinking because though it’s at 40% but the oil could be over a year old.
I’ve had the car six months
Sponsored

edlchiang62

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura A-spec
I had had my oil changed for free every 5000-6000 miles when the maintenance minder said 40%

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
I’ve only saw the A1 message at 15% life. Every Acura is different from what I read, some will do the change every 5k miles some will only do it when the minder is there. For the comped services that is

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
You’ll only get the message at 15% or lower. After 0% you will see a negative mileage.
The Acura dealership’s local to me won’t touch or replace the oil under their program unless the message is on the dash (aka at 15% or lower). So I just replace it myself, thankfully working at a shop I can get my supplies tax free at wholesale price. The letters/numbers under the oil life just lets you know what’s coming up in terms of maintenance. First oil change should be when the message pops up or the 1yr mark (1 year of ownership usually is what the dealer goes by).
A means oil change
1 means tire rotation.

Bigislander

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I just had my oil changed with the Honda tech I normally go to at 4500 miles. I just told him not to reset the minder. I'll go to the dealer at 10K or at the schedule time. Felt good to get the old oil out. He said oil was ready to be changed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
smith365

smith365

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Well the dealer balked at 1st, but I explained that the oil is actually a year old in the car. 22 Dec manufacture. They are doing the oil change now. 6200 miles

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S and 2 '23 Integras, 1 6MT, 1 CVT
My son's Integra has been on the road since April with 5,200 miles, and is still at 40%. More importantly, it's been at 40% for over 1,000 miles and a couple months. Does that seem right? Will it drop much after 40% like the gas gauge does after half a tank?

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
I’ve only saw the A1 message at 15% life. Every Acura is different from what I read, some will do the change every 5k miles some will only do it when the minder is there. For the comped services that is
same here with the 15% A1 message, i drive a lot - already 20k, the dealer would not change
oil till A1 was on, not a big deal, just got my 2nd oil change, like i said i drive a lot so miles
pile on fast,

Imperial

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Acura RL Tech; 2024 Integra ASpec Tech
My son's Integra has been on the road since April with 5,200 miles, and is still at 40%. More importantly, it's been at 40% for over 1,000 miles and a couple months. Does that seem right? Will it drop much after 40% like the gas gauge does after half a tank?
The way I drive daily(mostly city, some freeway), oil life % changes every 500 miles. My car has a bit over 1800k miles and 70% oil life. I think by 2k miles, oil life might go to 60%. Most of my Acura and Honda vehicles reported 15% oil life when odometer was around 4300k miles. To speed this up, drive in higher RPM, enjoying the car :)
Sponsored