Sponsored

Post your delivery pics here!

spyder

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 IS350, 2019 TT Roadster, 2024 ITS
It depends. The rattle in my 718 comes from the passenger seatbelt. All 3 Boxsters I've had have had the same damn rattle. It's a design flaw... but other than that, no not many rattles... but it's not like they're nonexistent. Congrats that you've had a rattle-free performance car, that's more or less rare to my experience.

Another thing to consider if people are hearing rattles in the ITS, is accessory installation. A surprisingly good YouTube channel I'll post the link to in a sec did a video where they walked through installing a few of the accessories, and they're pretty intrusive. The rear decklid spoiler in particular I could easily see introducing a ton of rattles if not done thoroughly. It's not even an unlikely scenario that some of these dealers got these cars in and rushed them through the accessory installation. Something to think about.

Future rattles were the first thing that came to mind when I saw that video. Seeing what needs to be removed for the illuminated sills and OEM spoiler, I wouldn't opt to have those installed on my ITS.

My 2007 Civic Si had a rattle in the C pillar that the dealer could never locate and only got worse after they took it apart to look for it.

And my 2014 370Z had a hatch rattle that started after I removed some interior panels to swap in LED turns and reverse lights.
Sponsored

Croissants

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' Apex Blue Pearl ITS
Does anyone have any ambient lighting at night in the Type-S? Is it any different than the A-Spec or did they delete it all together?
This is the ambient lighting accent in the ITS:

IMG_4415.jpeg

There are also footwell lights and a light in the wireless charger area. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with A-Spec ambient lighting so can't say if it is the same or different.

m.c.ricks.ITS

First Name
Marty Contreras
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Apex Blue Pearl Type-S (Reserved Pre-order)
This is the ambient lighting accent in the ITS:

IMG_4415.jpeg

There are also footwell lights and a light in the wireless charger area. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with A-Spec ambient lighting so can't say if it is the same or different.
Sweet! It looks the same. I’m sure some are disappointed it isn’t fancier. But I saw the add too/delete from A-Spec specs page and was worried they removed it. Glad there’s something still.

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Future rattles were the first thing that came to mind when I saw that video. Seeing what needs to be removed for the illuminated sills and OEM spoiler, I wouldn't opt to have those installed on my ITS.

My 2007 Civic Si had a rattle in the C pillar that the dealer could never locate and only got worse after they took it apart to look for it.

And my 2014 370Z had a hatch rattle that started after I removed some interior panels to swap in LED turns and reverse lights.
Getting them installed at delivery means they're included in the warranty. I know that's not a huge comfort for some, but at least you have someone you can yell at.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently

I was on the fence about the carbon spoiler due to *reading* about the intrusive install procedure, but after watching that video, I’m going to opt-out of the illuminated sill plates and carbon spoiler for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Come on, it isn't THAT big a deal... god forbid anyone ever needs a window regulator replaced. Or a light bulb.

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
As far as the panel removal is concerned, a little bit of dynamat in strategic spots would prevent rattles from ever occurring. If that’s a no-go for you, you can always just replace the actual fasteners on the panels with new ones. That’s generally where the rattles come from, as the fasteners are never the same after removal.

I don’t know how I feel about the drilling new holes in the trunk lid though. This video shows them taking their time and recoating the exposed metal in the factory paint, but we all know that plenty of dealers would rush that part and it worries me. What’s more is I’m disappointed with the mirror caps. I thought they were actual replacement pieces, not tacked on overlays. Given the amount of car related thieves in the US, I’d be nervous they’d be ripped off in no time, potentially even damaging the painted surface underneath.

and those illuminated door sills… even though they look cool, I can’t believe they’re a shiny plastic surface. I have a feeling they will get trashed easily overtime- much easier than the stock pieces.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
As far as the panel removal is concerned, a little bit of dynamat in strategic spots would prevent rattles from ever occurring. If that’s a no-go for you, you can always just replace the actual fasteners on the panels with new ones. That’s generally where the rattles come from, as the fasteners are never the same after removal.

I don’t know how I feel about the drilling new holes in the trunk lid though. This video shows them taking their time and recoating the exposed metal in the factory paint, but we all know that plenty of dealers would rush that part and it worries me. What’s more is I’m disappointed with the mirror caps. I thought they were actual replacement pieces, not tacked on overlays. Given the amount of car related thieves in the US, I’d be nervous they’d be ripped off in no time, potentially even damaging the painted surface underneath.

and those illuminated door sills… even though they look cool, I can’t believe they’re a shiny plastic surface. I have a feeling they will get trashed easily overtime- much easier than the stock pieces.
PPF the sill plates I guess.
Also I think my Aspec has rear sills that need to be removed if upgrading to illuminated.. another cost savings on the Type S by not including these.

Last edited:

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
PPF the sill plates I guess.
Also I think my Aspec has rear sills that Ned to be removed if upgrading to illuminated.. another cost savings on the Type S by not including these.
Hey, that’s a good idea about the sill plates. I love PPF.

Sponsored

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
01 civic
The only add ons that I dont think look good are the blacked out badges. Its not really legible and theres enough black contract going on. I actually like the silver emblems.

m.c.ricks.ITS

First Name
Marty Contreras
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The only add ons that I dont think look good are the blacked out badges. Its not really legible and theres enough black contract going on. I actually like the silver emblems.
I think if the background were color matched it might be a better look. But nothings perfect I guess.

m.c.ricks.ITS

First Name
Marty Contreras
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Agreed. Is that the optional titanium knob? Is it super light weight?
Yup! I haven’t really driven the car so I couldn’t give you a good answer. But after Friday I could give some better feedback.

Barehands

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
vw golf
I think the black type S badges look alright. I specifically hate the silver type S badge over the all black grill, the silver ruins the aesthetic for me there. I agree for the A mark emblem on the back though.
Sponsored