To those with Continental DWS 06

new2teg

First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Question for those running Continental DWS 06 on stock rims. Do they kick up as many rocks as the stock summer Michelin tires?
Need to swap to all seasons sooner rather than later.
Thanks!
Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I don't notice this at all now. The PS4S would constantly throw rocks.

LunaticSM

First Name
Dstyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LSM Integra Type S
I don't notice this at all now. The PS4S would constantly throw rocks.
How do the Continentals compare with respect to road noise compared to the PS4S? How much do you lose in handling and grip in dry weather?

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
They do not pick up anywhere near as much debris as the stock PS4S do. It’s a stark contrast to be honest. I’ve only put about 250 miles on mine since having them installed, but in this kind of weather we are having (really not out of the 40’s or very low 50’s) they have been a great tire.

As far as a loss in handling in dry weather, there has to be some. But I wouldn’t even try and measure it based on the kind of driving I’ve been doing since they were put on - it would just be a wild guess. Road noise seems to be lessened though.

Sponsored

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
How do the Continentals compare with respect to road noise compared to the PS4S? How much do you lose in handling and grip in dry weather?
Much quieter. I went 275s and handling seems adequate on the street.
I'd like to run both setups but need to find a deal on a second set of wheels.

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec
This past weekend I competed in an autocross event with 265/35/19 DWS06+. They WILL NOT perform as well as PS4S at the limit, but for an all season they are great.

Cold, wet and snow performance is leaps better than the PS4S. For a daily tire, they suit the ITS better than PS4S, but if you plan to track the car I would recommend getting a second set of wheels and tires.

One last note - moving up to a 35 series made the ride much more comfortable and compliant.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i run both tires on their own set of stock rims (just swapped back to the bronze + mickies since the weather is warming up here) and i haven't gotten any rocks in my brake shields from either set yet

fingers crossed!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Now that I think about it I could probably agree that the rocks are less noticeable... but could that also have to do with the colder weather?

Personally I feel like the Continentals are LOUDER. I'm using OEM sizes.

I also noticed a downgrade in steering feel. At first I chalked it up to being brand new tires because I didn't drive on them much at all until recently (only have about 400 miles on them total so far...), but no it's a noticeable difference. Subtle, but noticeable. Enough to the point I have no interest in attempting autocross or god forbid a track day with these tires, but the car is absolutely still fun to drive on the street.

The Continentals did their job but I'm excited to get the Michelins back on, probably next week. I'll report back if I was full of shit on the road noise, but I've noticed since they were put on my car is definitely still loud inside the cabin.

Car00071

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I noticed when I switched back to the summer tires from my 265/30/19 DWS it was WAYY louder than the all seasons.
Sponsored