Sponsored

Too Old For ITS?

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
Your never too old for any car if you enjoy it. I'm turning 68 and have two awesome sports cars.

DSC09791-Enhanced.jpeg
I think it's less age and more of what kind of shape you're in. I'm 55 and started going to the gym 3-4 times a week after moving to Taiwan last year since there's one in our apartment building.

It makes a huge difference in all kinds of things, including getting in and out of low cars, and all I do is a 25 min treadmill fast walk. I also walk a lot since we're in a city.
Sponsored

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Like others have said, too old is simply whatever age you become a genuine hazard to other drivers and this applies t any vehicle.

Not to hijack the thread too much, I know there is some inherent bias in the ages given 1) the thread's topic and 2) the forum platform (it's not tiktok or instagram) but I wonder what the average age of an ITS buyer is. I almost feel too young to be able to have one given the ages shared here.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
Like others have said, too old is simply whatever age you become a genuine hazard to other drivers and this applies t any vehicle.

Not to hijack the thread too much, I know there is some inherent bias in the ages given 1) the thread's topic and 2) the forum platform (it's not tiktok or instagram) but I wonder what the average age of an ITS buyer is. I almost feel too young to be able to have one given the ages shared here.
It’s a $50k car, back in 1997 I paid I think $21k for my GSR and a Type R was $25k and never went over sticker. I was making $40k out of college. It was doable for young people. I might have bought one if I knew how much better it was than a GSR.

Now with the cost of living tripled and salaries doubled at best, it’s tougher for young people especially now that all the government handouts have stopped.

Last edited:

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
It’s a $50k car, back in 1997 I paid I think $21k for my GSR and a Type R was $25k and never went over sticker. I was making $40k out of college. It was doable for young people. I might have bought one if I knew how much better it was than a GSR.

Now with the cost of living tripled and salaries doubled at best, it’s tougher for young people especially now that all the government handouts have stopped.
**If** inflation keeps going the way it is now, the curve is becoming steeper every year and $50,000 may be pocket change in short order. Just look at car prices since 2020 (example FK8 CTR to FL5 CTR), the bulk of the increase was in short order and I believe the genie is out of the bottle.

That said, I see too many people my age wasting so much of their hard earned money in frivolous ways. If that's what they want, so be it, whatever makes them happy, but the ITS is an attainable car if they focused on it instead. Can't have it all and most of the complaints stem from not being able to have it all.

GeoX750

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla Model S
I have more grown up cars, Mercedes AMG, Tesla S, Audi, BMW.

The ITS is a toy I grab before any of the others. I captures how I felt in 1986 when I got my first car, 1986 Corolla GTS.

Its not too late, you only live once.
Sponsored