VIR on Monday

NoVA_Teggy

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS, 2023 MDX Adv
I haven't had much time to post lately but I'm headed by to VIR on Monday but this time I'll be on the full course instead of the Grand. I've ditched my Pilot Sport 4S tires for Cup 2's so I'm looking forward to being able to get more hot laps in compared to the OEM tires. The stock PS4S's are pretty good but they get greasy and ruin the fun after a while.

I need to upgrade my brake pads prior to taking off so if you guys have some recommendations, I'm all eyes/ears. I plan to grab some Motul 600 fluid today so I can ditch the stock brake fluid.

Another change I'm making is I plan to trailer the car instead of driving it. I want to stretch the life of my Cup 2's for as long as I can.
Sponsored

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I haven't had much time to post lately but I'm headed by to VIR on Monday but this time I'll be on the full course instead of the Grand. I've ditched my Pilot Sport 4S tires for Cup 2's so I'm looking forward to being able to get more hot laps in compared to the OEM tires. The stock PS4S's are pretty good but they get greasy and ruin the fun after a while.

I need to upgrade my brake pads prior to taking off so if you guys have some recommendations, I'm all eyes/ears. I plan to grab some Motul 600 fluid today so I can ditch the stock brake fluid.

Another change I'm making is I plan to trailer the car instead of driving it. I want to stretch the life of my Cup 2's for as long as I can.

I wouldn't worry about driving on the cup 2s to the track. They're still very much a street tire and not a track day tire (which you can still drive on to the track). If you're going to compete with them only counting cycles, then it's another story.

I use carbotech xp24/10 on my racecar and recently got the xp10 for the its fronts to test it out. They worked wonderfully, and they have the proper heat tolerance for a track day tire. They're a bit much for a ps4s and probably a tad much for the cup 2 because you'll overheat your tire before you get brake fade. Wonderful pads, affordable, moderate life, very kind to rotors, and driving them to the track is a breeze since they don't get sticky or too loud.

They're very incompressible, so on track they feel fantastic, but at highway speeds the active cruise will really jab at you and just a tap of the brake to deactivate cruise will slow you down 10-15mph.

Here's my clip using them on track.

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
Also, don't forget to bleed the clutch after you flush the brake fluid. The clutch and brake share a reservoir. The clutch does not seem to like bleeding under pressure, so grab a buddy or pay a neighbor to pump the clutch for you.

Rbf600 is great fluid.

Ti pad shims are arguably necessary to keep your calipers shiny red and some heat out of the fluid.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I'm going with Paragon R5 front pads and leaving the hawk HPS 5.0 pads on the rear.

https://paragonbrakes.com/paragon-pbp370-brake-pads/

Saw a few vids of Type R's running them and folks seem happy. I just put on the fronts today and went through the bedding process. Very nice and strong feel. Running RBF 660 fluid, just did the bleed on the brakes. I'll be there in two weeks for Track Daze 2 day event. Grand and full course.

I did not bleed the clutch though? Bid deal??

Sponsored

Victorofhavoc

First Name
Gordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra type s
I did not bleed the clutch though? Bid deal??
Not as long as it doesn't boil. If your engagement point changes as the car gets hot, it boiled. Not too big an issue with a stock clutch typically.

I didn't trust my factory fill at all since it was putrid brown, so if your fluid looked good in the res, you're probably okay.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
cool thanks. It was still light in color and of course I added a fresh 1/2 bottle when bleeding.
Sponsored