Sponsored

what are your annoyances with your Integra Type S?

OP
OP

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
i agree with the firm seat cushion, although i haven't put many miles on it. but if we're doing long drives, it's probably the family car anyway.

to respond to some of the other comments:
-seat trim not being leather. i meant that the sides of the seat are not leather/full leather. only the top seating surfaces are leather (or synthetic/vinyl, vegan, etc)--aside from the microfiber section of course. that is clearly a cost-savings move for Acura/Honda. My BMW, the sides of the seat, not just the top seating surfaces are full grain leather (albeit just their basic Dakota leather, not the nicer/more premium leather, but it's still real leather and not their "sensatec" synthetic leather)
-having used a 360 camera on the family car, a crossover/SUV, it really is noticeable when in a car without it. the rear view is pretty small (not tiny, but still small). but regardless, the 360 camera helps to minimize curbing tires, getting into tight spots, not hitting front parking blocks/bollards.
-wish the cup holders were in front of the shifter - i have taller water bottles that get in the way of shifting. i have had to switch to a shorter mug/cup for now. also, had the cupholders been ahead of the shifter, i probably could still use my cupmounted RAM x-grip phone holder. as of now, i'm still trying to figure out how to mount my phone
Sponsored

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
i agree with the firm seat cushion, although i haven't put many miles on it. but if we're doing long drives, it's probably the family car anyway.

to respond to some of the other comments:
-seat trim not being leather. i meant that the sides of the seat are not leather/full leather. only the top seating surfaces are leather (or synthetic/vinyl, vegan, etc)--aside from the microfiber section of course. that is clearly a cost-savings move for Acura/Honda. My BMW, the sides of the seat, not just the top seating surfaces are full grain leather (albeit just their basic Dakota leather, not the nicer/more premium leather, but it's still real leather and not their "sensatec" synthetic leather)
-having used a 360 camera on the family car, a crossover/SUV, it really is noticeable when in a car without it. the rear view is pretty small (not tiny, but still small). but regardless, the 360 camera helps to minimize curbing tires, getting into tight spots, not hitting front parking blocks/bollards.
-wish the cup holders were in front of the shifter - i have taller water bottles that get in the way of shifting. i have had to switch to a shorter mug/cup for now. also, had the cupholders been ahead of the shifter, i probably could still use my cupmounted RAM x-grip phone holder. as of now, i'm still trying to figure out how to mount my phone
I’ve found the perfect height sealable bottle that I can rest my wrist on. It’s nice since the armrest doesn’t extend far enough and while resting on the bottle I can easily grab the shifter to make moves

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
RE: the firmness of the seat cushion- I've found that a firm seat cushion leads to less back pain. I've noticed it with my computer chairs (I'll never buy a non-Secretlab chair again), and with this ITS.

What validated it for me was actually picking up this car from getting PPF installed. My installer is in Northern Virginia, about 1.5 hours away with virtually unavoidable heavy traffic. We took my Macan GTS with 18-way adaptive sports seats in leather. They're very comfortable seats, but by the time we got to the installer my back was already complaining. It was almost instantly noticeable that my back was completely relieved once I sat in the ITS, and I even ended up taking a longer route home to avoid traffic. Zero back pain.

Another 4.5 hour trip to central VA cemented my opinion of these seats; they're great. It does wear on the glutes after a while but I'll trade some minor butt discomfort that goes away almost instantly when you get out of the seat vs back pain that can ruin your whole weekend.

But apparently they're not for everyone- I noticed in Zygrene's recent "things I love and things I hate" video on his Type S, he of course brings up the seats and actually trashes them pretty badly. I disagree, but that just goes to show that seats are incredibly subjective- and unfortunately unless you can somehow experience using them on a long trip, you won't know if you like them until you've already bought the car...

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2014 FJ Cruiser 2024 4Runner
RE: the firmness of the seat cushion- I've found that a firm seat cushion leads to less back pain. I've noticed it with my computer chairs (I'll never buy a non-Secretlab chair again), and with this ITS.

What validated it for me was actually picking up this car from getting PPF installed. My installer is in Northern Virginia, about 1.5 hours away with virtually unavoidable heavy traffic. We took my Macan GTS with 18-way adaptive sports seats in leather. They're very comfortable seats, but by the time we got to the installer my back was already complaining. It was almost instantly noticeable that my back was completely relieved once I sat in the ITS, and I even ended up taking a longer route home to avoid traffic. Zero back pain.

Another 4.5 hour trip to central VA cemented my opinion of these seats; they're great. It does wear on the glutes after a while but I'll trade some minor butt discomfort that goes away almost instantly when you get out of the seat vs back pain that can ruin your whole weekend.

But apparently they're not for everyone- I noticed in Zygrene's recent "things I love and things I hate" video on his Type S, he of course brings up the seats and actually trashes them pretty badly. I disagree, but that just goes to show that seats are incredibly subjective- and unfortunately unless you can somehow experience using them on a long trip, you won't know if you like them until you've already bought the car...
I have to agree with you here a firmer seat does help with the back, I noticed that the instance I bought a secret lab chair earlier this year. Also the same in the ITS.

winemaker

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mazda CX5 (kids' beater car), 1955 T-bird
Here's a new annoyance for me, now that I have a little more driving with this car. And I don't want anyone to think I am a complainer, or don't like this car because I'm really not, and I really do. But there is always room for improvement!

I wish there were a way to keep the range-to-empty on the gauge cluster full time while still being able to keep other gauges on the right side. For example, I have grown used to having the tire pressure indicator always on (my paranoia?) but I also like to glance at the range remaining on a frequent basis. Can't have both on at the same time. And maybe if the gas gauge were a little more precise (can we make those little markers even wider and more vague?) I wouldn't need to refer to the range estimation.

I never thought I'd say this, but the gauge display on my '19 JLU Wrangler was much better in terms of info I needed and precision. Of course the driving experience is completely different so this again isn't a complaint, just an annoyance.

Sponsored

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I think the complaints of the cluster UI are legit. I would have been fine with analog gauges, I do miss having a numerical temp gauge for both oil and water, I wish the G forces were recorded because I have an issue with staring at my cluster screen when I'm driving hard (maybe they are and I just don't know where to look for it...), and I do agree that having the range displayed at all times is kind of a thing I took for granted.

The sad thing though is that there really is no solution to all this. The cluster is what it is, and maybe it's enough of a difference for someone to choose an FL5 over a DE5 for the gauge cluster alone... but not for me. And I'm sure for every one of them, someone will have chosen a DE5 over an FL5 for the heads-up display... I can live with all this, but you also won't catch me defending these decisions.

bdisco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 ITS, ‘21 Bronco, ‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘88 911
Fuel tank is tiny small. Low fuel light came on as I was turning into the gas station. Only took a little over ten gallons to top off. The most useful dashboard display maybe the miles to empty one. According to the trip computer I’m averaging about 26 mpg.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Just drove my S2000 (AP2) yesterday after driving the ITS for like a month or so (4000 km).

I gotta say that the clutch feeling on the ITS is so disconnected! The engagement point is really vague.

The engagement point is so spot on with the S2000 (mind that I replaced the AP2 slave cylinder for a AP1 slave cylinder so there is no delay valve in it).

Thinking of replacing the clutch cylinder with one without the dampening mechanism in it (there is a thread somewhere with a product designed that way). Might also remove the delay valve in the clutch slave cylinder...

Afraid it will be hard to drive in the winter when temps are colder! (My V6 Accord also had the delay valve in the slave cylinder and it was hard to drive in the winter when the fluid was thicker...removed the delay valve and it was way better).

Now, not sure if I should do it now and void my warranty or wait until warranty is expired...

EDIT: Also wondering if having a more precise engagement point would mess up the rev match system...

Last edited:

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I hear ya on the 360 camera. Though I’ve never owned a vehicle with multiple cameras. I’d suggest you go old school like me to ensure you’ll never curb your tires and fit your car into the tightest spots :

62DA6C6C-EB10-4FD8-8132-3BFE12DBCD18.jpeg

I’ve been so accustomed to these little mirrors on each side I made sure to put them on the ITS right away lol. Maybe down the road I’ll modify for the motorized ones

Last edited:

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
Just drove my S2000 (AP2) yesterday after driving the ITS for like a month or so (4000 km).

I gotta say that the clutch feeling on the ITS is so disconnected! The engagement point is really vague.

The engagement point is so spot on with the S2000 (mind that I replaced the AP2 slave cylinder for a AP1 slave cylinder so there is not delay valve in it).

Thinking of replacing the clutch cylinder with one without the dampening mechanism in it (there is a thread somewhere with a product designed that way). Might also remove the delay valve in the clutch slave cylinder...

Afraid it will be hard to drive in the winter when temps are colder! (My V6 Accord also had the delay valve in the slave cylinder and it was hard to drive in the winter when the fluid was thicker...removed the delay valve and it was way better).

Now, not sure if I should do it now and void my warranty or wait until warranty is expired...

EDIT: Also wondering if having a more precise engagement point would mess up the rev match system...
The first thing I noticed with the ITS is that it felt similar to the Accord's pedal. Overall better, but similarly light and vague. Though it was small, there was also a slight delay on clutch take up. Instantly, I knew the clutch delay valve was the culprit. That will be one of the first mods I do to the Integra.

Sponsored

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
The first thing I noticed with the ITS is that it felt similar to the Accord's pedal. Overall better, but similarly light and vague. Though it was small, there was also a slight delay on clutch take up. Instantly, I knew the clutch delay valve was the culprit. That will be one of the first mods I do to the Integra.
The ITS also has a damper hydraulic circuit in there (there is a thread from a supplier who sells an aftermarket clutch master cylinder kit that deletes the damper part of the circuit). I would think that this damper thing is way worst than just the delay valve. Add the delay valve and this is why the clutch is so vague.

If/when you do the mod, let me know how it feels.

I'm really afraid of how the car will drive as is when super cold winter temps get here...

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honestly I didn't think the pedal was bad, only that it could use some improvements. Now you got me looking into a whole CMC replacement and I don't even have the car yet lol.

I did a clutch pedal upgrade, slave cylinder mod, and short shifter kit to my M2C a few weeks after taking it home. Then I drove it back to back with a stock car. I can confirm it was money well spent. Hoping to get similarly enjoyable results from the Integra.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Drive the Aspec.. zero pedal feel or engagement feel.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Honestly I didn't think the pedal was bad, only that it could use some improvements. Now you got me looking into a whole CMC replacement and I don't even have the car yet lol.

I did a clutch pedal upgrade, slave cylinder mod, and short shifter kit to my M2C a few weeks after taking it home. Then I drove it back to back with a stock car. I can confirm it was money well spent. Hoping to get similarly enjoyable results from the Integra.
To be honest I didn’t think the pedal was bad. It’s softer and the engagement point is high. I assumed this is the way new cars are. The old Integra I can feel the bite point and had to step it far down. Winter definitely did pose problems.

The new ITS pedal soft and smooth but there’s a difficult distinction in feeling the bite point I sort of just learned where it is by travel positioning. Other than that, I don’t mind the softness as long periods of driving I dont have foot fatigue. What particular feel are you looking for?

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To be honest I didn’t think the pedal was bad. It’s softer and the engagement point is high. I assumed this is the way new cars are. The old Integra I can feel the bite point and had to step it far down. Winter definitely did pose problems.

The new ITS pedal soft and smooth but there’s a difficult distinction in feeling the bite point I sort of just learned where it is by travel positioning. Other than that, I don’t mind the softness as long periods of driving I dont have foot fatigue. What particular feel are you looking for?
Again I don't think it's bad, just that it could use improvement for my preference. The preference being a *little* more tension. If I'm being totally honest, though, if I didn't have a reference point from the M2's pedal feel, I think the ITS would be absolutely fine.

I chalk it up to one of those moments where you look for issues that don't actually exist and possibly modding just for the sake of modding.
Sponsored