Sponsored

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
20 years old with 97,000 miles. All stock, all original, no accidents.

I do all the work, maintenance and detailing myself but this was another easy to own Acura. Super reliable, solid, quality car that was fun to drive. Past tense for me but she is still running strong and piling up the miles and smiles🙂

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Integra and look forward to more of the same😎

IMG_7523.JPG

IMG_7441.JPG

IMG_7446.JPG
very clean!

Are you planning on keeping the integra stock then?
Sponsored

SocalDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 its
Installed the hybrid short shifter.
Install took an hour. Pretty simple to get access to the shifter and install is easy to do in your garage.

I used an AHC Garage Utoob video for reference.

Go to 20min

Feels nice when operating the stick. shorter throws obviously. A lot of adjustability but I have it set to stock height ish and centered for now.

A must have upgrade? Nah. Car shifts nice stock.
I just felt it was a tad long for my liking so I fixed that.

Tomorrow I am going to wash it and clean interior.
Couple more things to bolt on and that should wrap it up for a while.
Pix show the stock shifter.... and hybrid installed lol.

20240517_170840.jpg

20240517_170858.jpg

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
In terms "clunkiness," well more like "mechanical resistance," does it increase that feel vs the silky smooth factory shift action?

Incognito_ABP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
That’s where it’s at! Thanks. I’m gonna do it.
Finally got around to installing my black rear emblem. Removed the black film behind the A so the ABP comes through behind the new black emblem. Also removed the Type S badge on the left of the trunk lid. Digging the clean vibe and the symmetry without the Type S.

IMG_7812.jpeg

SocalDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 its
In terms "clunkiness," well more like "mechanical resistance," does it increase that feel vs the silky smooth factory shift action?
Mechanical resistance yes! That feeling is increased.
There are a few ball joints to help this operate. I could have added some grease to the main "mechanical ball" and that could have smoothed it out.......Maybe. I will consider this.

Getting into gear feels like stock. You know its in.

Sponsored

KrisDLuna

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS
Did the same upgrade, it took some breaking in + re-tightening after (and I really mean TIGHT) but it definitely is smoother than stock and locks into gears tighter. Still waiting on shipment but i think having an extended knob would feel even better too.
Edit: Would also like to add that I did lubricate the main ball joint as well which also helped.

Vinnie

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS LSM
I’ve always referred to this as a notchy feeling, and I really enjoy it. I don’t necessarily like the silky smooth action. I prefer much more of a bolt action feeing. I might not be making any sense…

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
20 years old with 97,000 miles. All stock, all original, no accidents.

I do all the work, maintenance and detailing myself but this was another easy to own Acura. Super reliable, solid, quality car that was fun to drive. Past tense for me but she is still running strong and piling up the miles and smiles🙂

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Integra and look forward to more of the same😎

IMG_7523.JPG

IMG_7441.JPG

IMG_7446.JPG
I’ll dig up pics of mine if I remember. So clean

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I’ve always referred to this as a notchy feeling, and I really enjoy it. I don’t necessarily like the silky smooth action. I prefer much more of a bolt action feeing. I might not be making any sense…
You can get both -- a smooth, clean movement (i.e. no slop) with a notchy gate. That, imo, is the goal (because there are also shifters with a notchy gate that still feel loose or lacking in precision). The stock shifter is pretty smooth, but the throws are a little long, it could use some extra notchiness, and it has a little slop while in gear.

I think the stock shifter is a very excellent example of a "relaxed" shifter... perhaps perfect for that. I like mine a little more mechanical.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Same for me , I like a bit of a notchy feeling . Same thing when I had my s2000. I actually went with a shift knob with next to no weight to increase this feeling a bit and enjoy it. I had a heavier knob that took away from it at first .

Sponsored

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec
Same for me , I like a bit of a notchy feeling . Same thing when I had my s2000. I actually went with a shift knob with next to no weight to increase this feeling a bit and enjoy it. I had a heavier knob that took away from it at first .
I recently switched from a 500g knob to a 200g knob for the same reason. Shift knob shape also makes a significant difference in overall engagement feel (to me).

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I recently switched from a 500g knob to a 200g knob for the same reason. Shift knob shape also makes a significant difference in overall engagement feel (to me).
When I had my s2k I loved the spoon ti shift knob , it had almost no weight to it. Now ballade sports recreated it and I got one again and I am very happy , it weighs only 40g so you can really feel the gear box. That was spoons original intention when they made it .

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Notchiness is definitely the word but I also didn't want to imply clunkiness. Sounds like a happy middle ground with the HR kit.

Buttery smooth is awesome for fast shifts but I've found that there's such a thing as TOO smooth. I'm on the search for that smooth, yet, notchy feel. Contradictory but I feel it's achievable through some combination of parts.

More aftermarket support please!

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've noticed the same when swapping shift knobs on the M2. The M Performance knob is actually lighter and smaller than stock but all the weight is centered and lower on the knob. There was a small bit noticeable change to the shift action.

I'm probably just one shift knob away from what I'm looking for on the Integra.

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
I've noticed the same when swapping shift knobs on the M2. The M Performance knob is actually lighter and smaller than stock but all the weight is centered and lower on the knob. There was a small bit noticeable change to the shift action.

I'm probably just one shift knob away from what I'm looking for on the Integra.
I have tried 5 different shift knobs varying in weight so far and found I like one with the least amount . Most like a heavy knob for easier shifting from what I have seen .
Sponsored