Sponsored

what else is performed during "complimentary" maintenance program?

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
I'm a few weeks past one year of ownership on my ITS and the maintenance minder has been buzzing and alerting me about changing the oil.

Of course, the car only broke 2000 miles a few weeks ago when I drove it to Monterey to attend Concours d'Elegance. Before that, I had previously performed my own "break-in" oil change in my driveway back in May 2024 (~5 months ago) at 1300 miles.

It seems the maintenance reminders are purely time-based, probably similar to BMW's implementation of "condition based service" reminders. With that note, is there any other reason for bringing in my car for the complimentary service? What else is performed during this service--reading the terms, it seems like it would only cover oil/filter change and tire rotation in addition to a "multi-point inspection." with BMW's previous 4-year service maintenance service, it would cover other items too if worn (like pads, rotors, fluid top-up). when i do my own oil changes, i rotate the tires and take a peak around and heck i even caught and fixed the leaking coolant tank myself too. if it is just oil change, i feel like it's not necessary given how recently i did my own change, but also I'd rather not let someone potentially mess up the car (especially hearing of the various horror stories of dealership work and shenanigans) for a basic task that i don't mind doing myself. and honestly, if the program is purely oil changes, then the program is rather worthless (to me at least) and a pretty shocking example of cost cutting that Acura reduce the program from 24 months to 12 months for MY2025 cars. If anything, especially for leased cars, Acura dealers want these cars coming back in good shape/condition for when it comes time to CPO for resale.
Sponsored

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
As far as I know it’s only oil changes and tire rotations. I’m not using it as like working on my own car, and I want to avoid dealer shenanigans, I’ve had plenty of bad experiences. I’m also using amsoil Signature series, I’m pretty sure the dealer uses some sort of syntetic blend oil.

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Rotate tires, top off the tires, check the thread, check the air filters, top off fluids, exterior car wash....

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Hopefully your doing own oil changes in between the service light..

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
Don't forget to check for underfilled oil.

Three weeks after a free maintenance service, I decided to change the oil for my peace of mind. I always service my own cars and felt really bad letting someone else do it. I found out that it was missing a full quart of oil.

These engine takes almost 6 qts.

Sponsored

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I'm a few weeks past one year of ownership on my ITS and the maintenance minder has been buzzing and alerting me about changing the oil.

Of course, the car only broke 2000 miles a few weeks ago when I drove it to Monterey to attend Concours d'Elegance. Before that, I had previously performed my own "break-in" oil change in my driveway back in May 2024 (~5 months ago) at 1300 miles.

It seems the maintenance reminders are purely time-based, probably similar to BMW's implementation of "condition based service" reminders. With that note, is there any other reason for bringing in my car for the complimentary service? What else is performed during this service--reading the terms, it seems like it would only cover oil/filter change and tire rotation in addition to a "multi-point inspection." with BMW's previous 4-year service maintenance service, it would cover other items too if worn (like pads, rotors, fluid top-up). when i do my own oil changes, i rotate the tires and take a peak around and heck i even caught and fixed the leaking coolant tank myself too. if it is just oil change, i feel like it's not necessary given how recently i did my own change, but also I'd rather not let someone potentially mess up the car (especially hearing of the various horror stories of dealership work and shenanigans) for a basic task that i don't mind doing myself. and honestly, if the program is purely oil changes, then the program is rather worthless (to me at least) and a pretty shocking example of cost cutting that Acura reduce the program from 24 months to 12 months for MY2025 cars. If anything, especially for leased cars, Acura dealers want these cars coming back in good shape/condition for when it comes time to CPO for resale.
I assumed it was marketing to get you in so they can find other things or offer you other services, I don't like the 10k mile schedule, so I ignored these and had my own plans.

600 to 1500 miles then break in oil change, then check tires tread for wear and fluid levels.
I did my first oil change at 1500 miles, but if I hadn't hit the miles, I would have changed it after 6 months.
Then every 5k miles Ill change it again.
Also, swapped oil to Amsoil full synthetic.

OP
OP

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
Don't forget to check for underfilled oil.

Three weeks after a free maintenance service, I decided to change the oil for my peace of mind. I always service my own cars and felt really bad letting someone else do it. I found out that it was missing a full quart of oil.

These engine takes almost 6 qts.
Wow. I wonder if the techs made a goof and thought they were filling the base engine model. Just to be precise, from the owner's manual (pg 646), the oil capacity for 2.0L engine is 5.4L (or 5.7 qt); base 1.5L engine oil change is 3.5L (3.7 qt). I use a full synthetic Liquid Moly 0w-20 and plan on doing at least annual oil changes given the few miles i put on it between driving two cars.

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Scratches on mirrors , steering wheel and shift knob , improper care of the vehicle , chunk of rubber out of the tires and residual oil in the engine bay . That's what mine came with , all at no extra charge. Not even going to complain as I do not want it back at the dealer.

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
Wow. I wonder if the techs made a goof and thought they were filling the base engine model. Just to be precise, from the owner's manual (pg 646), the oil capacity for 2.0L engine is 5.4L (or 5.7 qt); base 1.5L engine oil change is 3.5L (3.7 qt). I use a full synthetic Liquid Moly 0w-20 and plan on doing at least annual oil changes given the few miles i put on it between driving two cars.
Usually the lube tech is the new young inexperienced person working on your 55k car.

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
Scratches on mirrors , steering wheel and shift knob , improper care of the vehicle , chunk of rubber out of the tires and residual oil in the engine bay . That's what mine came with , all at no extra charge. Not even going to complain as I do not want it back at the dealer.
Exactly my thoughts! I could add a curbed wheel and also a chunk of tire cut off. burning your clutch because most people don’t know how to drive a manual transmission.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Car(s)
23 FL5 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
All sorts of "fun surprises" are often included but it looks like they've already been covered. :fear:
Sponsored